Buying Fenix on Amazon

Doheny

Newly Enlightened
Hello, long time lurker, new poster here.

What's the deal with buying Fenix on Amazon? I've seen some posts that say Fenix won't honor the warranty for a light purchased on Amazon; is that correct? Do I want to avoid buying Fenix on Amazon? I have a sizeable Amazon credit due to a gift return and I'm thinking about using it to buy a UC35.

What say you?

Thanks an Happy New Year!

steelshooter

Newly Enlightened
Amazon is a dealer of Fenix. I have already checked. Amazon is the same as Ebay really. I would check other sources first and use Amazon as a last resort.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just have to look at who the seller is before buying on amazon. Is is sold by "amazon" or a "3rd party" on amazon.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do yourself a favour buy from a decent vendor on here take advantage of the cpf discount offered by many and enjoy your new light with a proper full warranty.

or

Baiting comment removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Doheny

Newly Enlightened
Do yourself a favour buy from a decent vendor on here take advantage of the cpf discount offered by many and enjoy your new light with a proper full warranty.

or

Quote of baiting comments were removed.

Did you even read my OP? I would be buying Fenix regardless. How is that buying cheap?

Response to baiting comment removed...Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought a couple of Fenix lights from Amazon.de and one from Amazon.co.uk all three lights were being sold by Amazon and never had a problem. In fact, I always and only got good service from Amazon. Note that manufacturers cannot arbitrarily decide whether they can honor warranty rights or not based on where you buy one of their products - as long as you buy new and legally they'd have to.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have removed mcnair55's baiting comment, it was uncalled for and disrespectful toward a fellow member. I removed a quote of it in another post. Also removed Doheny's response to mcnair55. Lets keep the thread civil and polite toward a new member attempting to be vetted as a full time member.

Bill

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you even read my OP? I would be buying Fenix regardless. How is that buying cheap?

Response to baiting comment removed...Bill

From experience of many years buying and selling all sorts of gadgets etc etc,my hard earned money is better spent with a trusted vendor than some kitchen sink business on the internet.I gave up on those sites ages ago because of the scammers out there who sell seconds,graded goods,faulty returns etc etc.Please spend your money your own way just trying to help and after reading all the responses you are in a better position to judge what is best for you.:)

curlysir

Newly Enlightened
I buy a lot of items from Amazon, they are who I compare most of my internet purchases with before I buy. If you look at the vendors that sell Fenix on Amazon several are listed as authorized Fenix dealers. I would not hesitate one bit to buy from Amazon. If it doesn't work when you get it you can return it to Amazon and they will even pay return shipping. I generally stay away from 3rd party vendors on Amazon because you don't get the same return privileges as you do from Amazon or Fulfillment By Amazon.

Last edited:

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hi Doheny,you can get decent support if there is something wrong with your fenix products,no matter where you bought them.You could contact the dealers or distributors from whom you bought Fenix lights for warranty support.If you can not cantact with them ,you could contact with fenix customer service center directly,we will help you.You could also contact with our dealer( fenix-store,fenixgear,fenixlighting,REI) and buy fenix products from them.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had to return 2 defective Fenix flashlights purchased on Amazon. One was sold by Amazon, the other sold by Edison Bright (via Amazon). I received an exchange for the light purchased from Amazon, and a refund for the light purchased from Edison Bright. Amazon paid for return shipping.

markr6

Flashaholic
I buy just about everything on Amazon. Problem is, I think you could return a bag of poop and they'd credit you. So, they'll definitely take back a light. Is it still "new"? Yes, sort of, but not really. That seems like it could be a warranty issue there.