Purchased p60 host now what

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
I just couldn't help my self. i purchased a solar force g p60 host with no markings.
Now what? I would like a 500LM or more drop in with high med low options with memory NO STROBE:duh2:.
Where do I buy custom "p60 drop-ins" ? :shrug:

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
malkoffdevices.com, Oveready.com, you can also search for nailbender or vinhnguyen p60 drop-ins on these forums

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Vinh has a quad copper 4400 lumen P-60 drop in you could use. I get shocked expressions when I light off this torch.
You'll need to use a ZeroRez switch tho, because the drop-in uses nearly 10 amps. Melts a McClicky in 5-6 minutes.

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Vinh has a quad copper 4400 lumen P-60 drop in you could use. I get shocked expressions when I light off this torch.
You'll need to use a ZeroRez switch tho, because the drop-in uses nearly 10 amps. Melts a McClicky in 5-6 minutes.

Dang! That's a lot of current.:eek:

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
With high power P60, you gotta watch out for your heat path. Heat is the enemy!

No big deal, shim it with some metal foil for good heat transfer from the p60 module to the head/body. Some add a smear of thermal grease (Arctic Silver is one.) Tighter fit is better.

Also adding a +1 for Vinh's P60 modules. Got tired of buying cheap P60 with substandard everything. Buy cheap, buy twice. I've a small stack of garbage p60 mods to play with as a result. :)

The $20 metal host is the best part of P60! It frees up the budget for the important part. Not a fan of plastic p60 hosts.

Good luck, Mr. N!

Last edited:

BarryG

Enlightened
Don't get scared, Vinh also offers P60's with lower heat build up. Contact him and he can build you whatever you like. Very pleasant to deal with.

Barry

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Don't get scared, Vinh also offers P60's with lower heat build up. Contact him and he can build you whatever you like. Very pleasant to deal with.

Barry

Hopefully he can chime in here ?
Can someone PM his email. I had it but lost it.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has a subforum under the custom builder section. You can see all his stuff there.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Using a ZeroRez with the Cryos Illumination copper host will give you about 10-15 mins runtime before it gets too hot to hold. Here is the host I use with the CQvn: 4400 lumens LOL, I never thought I'd see the day.

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Using a ZeroRez with the Cryos Illumination copper host will give you about 10-15 mins runtime before it gets too hot to hold. Here is the host I use with the CQvn: 4400 lumens LOL, I never thought I'd see the day.

Post a video of that in action!

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
You've got a bunch of options!

I've got an Eagletac sportac xml-2 dropin in one of mine. I run it on a single 16650 li-ion cell. It's been very reliable.

Another one I actually have on my belt right now is a solarforce host with an 18650 extension tube. It's running a vinh m2500 Mt-g2 on two 3400mah 18650 cells.

I will second making contact with vinh here on the forum. Tell him what you want and he can most likely make it happen.