• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 8 AA MT-G2 maglite for sale

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Folks,
Up for sale is a 2D silver maglite modded to drive an MT-G2 emitter to about 3.5 amps from 8 AA batteries. The mag tube is quad bored to accept 4AA battery trays modded for low resistance with upgraded springs soldered to copper contacts. The reflector is the SST-50 reflector sold by many of the common Chinese flashlight parts vendors. The reflector was stippled with clearcoat to increase spill brightness after the photos below were taken. The MT-G2 is driven with a new version DRY driver and heatsinked with aluminum rod shimmed to fit with brass sheet. There are four modes starting with low and no mode memory and no flashing modes. The coated AR lens is from Kaidomain. Wiring is 22AWG teflon. The following photos tell the rest of the tale.

100_2002_zps4e00a0c1.jpg

Quadbored_zps383e496b.jpg
ARlens_zpsa6b7ab27.jpg
Itfits_zps4f684f9a.jpg
together_zpsa8700473.jpg
wiredtoswitch_zpsb603ca44.jpg
centredemitter_zpsa818c82e.jpg
Battcarriers_zpsf310f828.jpg
Beamshot_zpsfd8ce9f1.jpg

It's 50 yards to the maple shack.

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $95. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who don't know Brian, AKA kyfishguy, I can vouch for his work and business practices. He is the real deal. Buy with confidence. I have bought multiple lights and things from him. Never had a issue of any kind. WHAOOOOOOOOO!!!!

edeekeos

Enlightened
Figure I may as well chime in here for Brian as well. Really excellent guy, and an even better modder. His work is TOP NOTCH, I own quite a few of his modded lights, and all of them are still doing great, including a MTG2 mag, and a triple nichia minimag mod! Like Str8stroke said, buy with CONFIDENCE!

Flashlike

Enlightened
kyfishguy -- How many lumens would you estimate (rough ballpark) that this is putting out in "high" mode?
It looks like it has a nice tint -- perhaps somewhat neutral? Nice mod work, for sure!! :thumbsup:

Also, what is the voltage from the battery carriers to the light engine?

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Re: 8 AA MT-G2 maglite for sale (SOLD)

This light is sold,
Thanks for looking,
Brian