Brands with good quality Type III MILspec anodizing?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I am wondering what brands use a high quality Type III MILspec anodizing? By good quality, I mean like Surefire, Pentagon, exc. not the cheap easy to chip stuff that brands like Fenix uses. Thanks for the help guys:thumbsup:

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
Don't know about "mil spec" but Zebralight uses Type III class I , U.S manufactured hard anodized .

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear Armytek has quality stuff. They state "Premium Type III Anodizing 400HV" on their product description. Actually light owners could chime in here and let us know how that is.

nbp

Flashaholic
Love Malkoff's HA-BK. It is thick, and a bit more matte. Very nice.

seb13

Newly Enlightened
I hear Armytek has quality stuff. They state "Premium Type III Anodizing 400HV" on their product description. Actually light owners could chime in here and let us know how that is.

I can't explain how is made Armytek's anodisation but i have 2 flashlights from them and i confirm that it's high quality.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've found the anno on my MD2 to be thin, at least on the head, a little drop marred it right to the bare aluminum. The anno on my HDS was thick.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Best Anodise i have seen is on my Oveready modded SF 9P - years of daily use and i haven't even worn the corners yet.
Surefire and HDS do great HA3 too

chanjyj

Enlightened
Elzetta has the best I've seen. It's strange you comment on Fenix's poor quality, perhaps those are the newer lights. My (now ancient) Fenix TK10 had anodizing on-par with my Surefire M2.

D6859

Enlightened

The balck anodizing on my Tiara has already worn out a little in two months after repeatedly attaching and removing the pocket clip on it.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. Oveready bored my ZFL-M60 during the last bore batch, and I will probably have them bore my Bravo as part of this one.