I need a break! Best vacation spot?

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
I have been working without breaks for the last 5 years. I have been enjoying my work that I have forgotten to take some time off. Recently, I suddenly felt so tired and wanting to have a vacation which my superiors approved of. The thing is, I have no idea where to go. I just want to relax, to read and enjoy a view. Any suggestions? Any location will do as long as it is within the US.

Matrix 100

Newly Enlightened
Being a Canadian, and have traveled all over the USA, I agree Southern California - Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage - very relaxing

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about hitting the National Parks out in Arizona/Utah, there is a cluster of them within hours of each other (G. Canyon, Bryce, Zion, ect.), relaxing, scenic, and plenty of trails (although it may be a little cold there now and the days are short).

Driving though the Keys in Florida is nice and Key West has lots to do. You can make arrangements and spend a night on Ft. Jefferson if you want relaxing and don't mind camping out.

Hawaii, the Big Island has Volcano National Park and it's been active lately.

knotgoofy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your suggestions. I would be going to Florida and I am excited. Finally, the break that I deserve.

scout24

Flashaholic
Longboat Key, off Sarasota. Beach perfection, quiet, etc... Great shopping/ food/ culture/ nightlife in Sarasota nearby. Siesta Key beach, Lido Key, some of the best beaches in the world. Siesta regularly makes the top 10 lists.

rivermobster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your suggestions. I would be going to Florida and I am excited. Finally, the break that I deserve.

Fly into southern florida, like miami or something like that, then rent a car and drive all the way to keywest. do it during the day and plan on taking your time. it is probably the most amazing drive in this country. I was kinna rushed, so i spent the night in key west, and drove back the next day. Next time I'll rent a Harley and stop and stay in a few places on the way.

Should be amazing weather there right now. Enjoy!

Dominik Piechoczek

Newly Enlightened
t should come as no surprise that vacations that include plenty of free time bring stress relief, but research shows that a good vacation can lead to the experience of fewer stressful days at least five weeks later! That means that vacations are the gift to yourself that keep on giving.

braddy

Enlightened
I have been working without breaks for the last 5 years. I have been enjoying my work that I have forgotten to take some time off. Recently, I suddenly felt so tired and wanting to have a vacation which my superiors approved of. The thing is, I have no idea where to go. I just want to relax, to read and enjoy a view. Any suggestions? Any location will do as long as it is within the US.

Where do you live?