NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent

Default I need to vent

I just need to get this off of my chest because it is something that continuously bothers me. I think I have even started a thread on this same subject... or a variation thereof... somewhere in the past. The subject is rudeness.

First, let me clarify something. When anyone sends an email to webmaster@candlepowerforums.com , I am the one who gets it and may answer it. Keyword there? "may".

Second, I am not "Yo" or "Dood" or "hey" or any other such familiar slang name that you want to come up with. I am either "webmaster" or Sasha. Take your pick.

Third, if you want an answer from me, then it might be a good idea to give me some information. An email that says simply, "I can't login" doesn't help me at all. Like I'm suppose to know who the hell you are or something. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Then there are the endless, "how do I... ?" emails. There are equally endless FAQ pages and links and posts in the Questions Forum etc etc adnauseum that will probably answer your question. Don't be so lazy.

I do try to be polite and helpful when I answer emails to the webmaster but I'll admit that it is sometimes quite the challenge for me and more often than not, I will simply just delete the email if I can't bring myself to say something nice. I don't feel one ounce of remorse over that.

I will say that for the most part, the members of CPF are a very polite and educated group. As with everything else, it only takes a few to really turn things sour. And that is how I am right now... sour. Because frankly, I'm just fed up with the rudeness and laziness of some.

And lastly... I've addressed this before also... if I take the time to try to help you in an email, the very least you can do is acknowledge it. Again... the whole politeness thing. I know that your Moms probably tried to teach you these basics while you were growing up. Try to remember them now... this is one of those instances that she was trying to teach you for.

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to be polite and respectful. In case I have been remiss in acknowledging you, I apologize deeply and will definately make it a point from here on to try to practice more of what I preach.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: I need to vent

^
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Sasha,
    Having been a forum Section leader back in the days of Compuserve, I know where you are coming from. Venting is good

BTW I was VERY VERY tempted to say some thing like "Yo Dude, Chill" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif[/img] But I was VERY VERY afraid I'be be [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif[/img]

Silver Moderator

Hello Sasha,

Just remember that there are lots of us that really appreciate your efforts.

Tom

Flashaholic*

If you find the email to be rude or offensive and I certainly agree with the examples you provided, why don't you just bounce the email right back at the sender? It would be your discretion on whether or not to explain to the sender exactly what you thought was inappropriate.

[ QUOTE ]
    SilverFox said:
    Hello Sasha,

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Klaus

Flashaholic*

Sasha---You're problem is that, as Yogi Bear used to say, "You're smarter than the average bear".

Don't let the turkeys get to you.

I have to coax politeness out of my 5-year old. Many adults are no different.

[ QUOTE ]
    SilverFox said:
    Hello Sasha,

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear! This place would be a vast desert wasteland without Sasha. Although it would be brightly lit. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lol i was afrsid it was something i did .hope things inprove with this situation sasha you do a great job keeping this site up

I was a sysop of a BBS for ten years, so I have at least a passing familiarity with what you're going through.
    Hang tough, and don't let the {vulgar term for multiple anal openings that go over toliets} get to you. Vent your spleen here. We'll listen - or at least try to. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Maybe just a reply, "Sasha, that worked." would be helpful so you would know your instruction caused a positive result?

Then, the keystrokes it takes to add, "Thank you very much." or "Thank you." or "Thanks" or "THX" or "Thanks for your time and effort. You are a brilliant person, an engaging conversationalist and a lovely woman." would not seem like much of a labor. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think ol' Icebreak got the hang of this quick! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    The LED Museum said: Vent your spleen here.

[/ QUOTE ]
    --------------------
    Uhhh...that sounds kinda messy, eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Wet cleanup, CPF Cafe aisle 5!"

[ QUOTE ]
    Sigman said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    The LED Museum said: Vent your spleen here.

[/ QUOTE ]
    --------------------
    Uhhh...that sounds kinda messy, eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Wet cleanup, CPF Cafe aisle 5!"

[/ QUOTE ]

What does a spleen do anyway, and does it require occasional ventilation? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Banned

Sounds like time to get out the plastic sheeting,
    duct tape, and rubber gloves again ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif[/img]

(I think I'm ready.)

Hey Tomas, I like the Indian-Head CPF test pattern.
    Time to tweak the orthicons... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thank you all for your kind words and your indulgence while I vent organs... ?!?!?[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]?!?!? .... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img] As I said, the majority of our members are awesome and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work for.

I'm not fishing for pats on the back or anything like that. I would just like a little courtesy and respect. And I'm not talking about respect as an administrator but respect as a human being. The administrator thing is just something that I do around here. Someone's gotta do it and seeing as how I'm kinda sick and twisted in that way, I enjoy it very much... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

You all should know me well enough by now to know that I am not the ogre that some would like to think. I do have a sense of humor and compassion and I also happen to enjoy keeping up on world events. And along the way, I've become a flashaholic. Which means that I can appreciate alot of the same things that brought you all together here. Yes, I know that I can be harsh at times but I hope that you all see that for what it is... I am human also. The truth of the matter is that I would like to have your respect because you see me as an equal... not as a superior. I am not superior to anyone on this board. And likewise no one else is superior to another. We are all equals here... and that is where common courtesy and respect should simply be automatic.

Thanks again guys... now start cleaning up this mess! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Sasha, just remember that most of the cpf'ers( I can't think of who wouldn't) are really appreciative of your behind the scenes efforts to keep this a good place to be. If you find someone who really isn't appreciative, grateful or thankful when contacting you , I think the appropriate thought goes something like, "there but for the grace of God go I", meaning just be glad your not that person. People often say that they like to see the glass as being half full, I like to think I'm grateful for just having the glass. We should all be grateful that you spend as much time as you do, making the cpf work properly, so if venting is what you need to do, you are certainly entitled.

Homey

Whiney (sp?) bitch.

Geez, Homey. You forgot the emot-i-con... :-) to indicate you were kidding. You were kidding, right?

I sure hope so.

I'm sure that running this forum is a very tough job and I thank Sasha for it. We rarely have agreed on topics on the forum but Sasha has done a lot of hard work to make the forum even exist...and that is worth a lot.

Now see? You all wonder why I like this job so much... 'cuz I get to ban assholes like Homey!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif[/img] ... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]

Amazing that there are actually idiots running around this board, who register two or three times just to keep usernames in reserve so that they can do stupid shit like this and get banned but still have a couple other usernames so they just carry on. The REALLY funny thing about that is that I know all of their usernames. Morons... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Klaus said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    SilverFox said:
    Hello Sasha,

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]

Third.

-YC

[ QUOTE ]
    yclo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Klaus said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    SilverFox said:
    Hello Sasha,

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]

Third.

-YC

[/ QUOTE ]

Fourth

All those quotes give me a headache, so I'll just say me too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for everything Sasha [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

What he did was only a distraction from his own issues. Obviously he's unable or unwilling to look at something that's wrong in his life, so instead he tried a cheap and transparent distraction by calling someone else names. By doing so he tried to divert his own attention from the rigors and scariness of introspection, and at the same time, hoped nobody else would notice.

Dude, we noticed. Take a look in the mirror and work through whatever it is that's eating you. It will hurt at first but you'll come out a stronger and more mature person at the other end.

[ QUOTE ]
    Sasha said:
    The REALLY funny thing about that is that I know all of their usernames.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep track of his IP address also.

Flashaholic*

Well Sasha, you should know what the word 'homey' signifies, with your being involved with law enforcement. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

iamjack

Hi all, my first post (and I hope it's not my last)! After reading this thread I have to ask, and by no means am I defending "homey", if someone disagrees with or critizes you, they get banned? Are you that insecure that you can't just deal with them or ignore them without banning them? People will read what they have to say and make their own decisions as to the statements made. Banning these people seems like "big brother" controlling free speech. I hope I'm not overstepping my place being new and all by saying this and I hope you don't ban me for it. I just had to add my .02 worth.

You should read the Posting Guidelines , specifically rule #6. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

what homey did was a plain and unjustified insult, not a critisizm.
    furthermore, what he did wasn't meant to critisize, it was done for the express purpose of causing trouble and insulting somone. these people are and should be banned.
    luckily there aren't a lot of them around here.

jack, you're a dumbass. (that was an example)
    you see, merely calling you a name is insulting and less effective than explaining just typing out the reasoning.

if you go up to a cop, and spit on his shoes, you're likely to be arrested. this isn't so different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast