RMSK, Inc.        
Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246467686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2280

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by Keitho View Post
    The "product comparison" sheet lists the Fd as 5000K, and the w at 4500K...I have a feeling that color temp might also play into your choice along with beam shape. For me personally, right-angle lights are for stuff within 10' or 15', so I tend to go flood. For my outdoor-use lights, I also enjoy the higher CRI, even if that effect is only in my head.
    My actual headlamp is a Armytek Elf C2 in Warm 4000k tint, and it's on the too warm side for my taste, 4500-5000 is fine for me

I have a H53w headlamp and the beam is fine for me

My actual zebralights are

SC600W IV HI
    H53W
    SC5W II

I don't think you'll find the Fd too floody. I changed my H600w our for the Fd and far prefer the beam pattern over the 600w.

If you have other non frosted ZL's then the Fd is a great fit.

Hi, I want to ask about zebralight h600w MK4 and sc64w, I look at zebralight site the two light have same head diameter dimension spec.
    Does two light have a same throw beam distance or not? thanks.

Flashaholic

Hi. What to expect from fc and fd? fc 4000k will be like on picture 4000k?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Romanko View Post
    Hi. What to expect from fc and fd? fc 4000k will be like on picture 4000k?
    It's tint question
    Fc is ~~~ 3500-4000K, but tint may be sligthly different.

Quote Originally Posted by anthon87 View Post
    I'm going to buy a new headlamp and I'm betweem two models

H600w MK IV XHP35 5000k
    H600Fd MK IV XHP50.2 HI Cri 5000k

I like lights with some hotspot and a big spill, all my other zebras have a very wide spill so I think the h600W will be the same.

I'm afraid that the H600Fd will be too floody for my taste
    Finally I ordered the H600w XHP35

If some day I need more flood, I'd stick some DC fix in the lens

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSalt View Post
    SC64: It's not quite as dim as moonlight on an SC52d, but with a more powerful, more efficient emitter, this is to be expected, and it is far dimmer than 'moonlight' from many other makers, so it is another fantastic result from Zebralight.
    do you by any chance have a SC64w to compare the lowest moonlight? I find mine a lot brighter as my old SC62 and it bothers me. If the SC64c is dimmer, Iíll go for it. But nothing beats the SC32w, it has the lowest moonlight ever.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    🦓🔦

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LED View Post
    do you by any chance have a SC64w to compare the lowest moonlight? I find mine a lot brighter as my old SC62 and it bothers me. If the SC64c is dimmer, Iíll go for it. But nothing beats the SC32w, it has the lowest moonlight ever.
    I do not I'm afraid. It'd definitely dimmer than moonlight on an Olight S1R, if that helps?

Unfortunately it doesnít help, but thanks nonetheless.
    🦓🔦

Unfortunately none of ZL's 18650 MKIV lights have the 0.01lm moonlight mode that many people praise. As a SC62w owner I can say that the lowest low on my H600Fc MK IV (0.08lm) is visually a lot brighter than the 0.01 from my SC62w.

Quote Originally Posted by TCY View Post
    Unfortunately none of ZL's 18650 MKIV lights have the 0.01lm moonlight mode that many people praise. As a SC62w owner I can say that the lowest low on my H600Fc MK IV (0.08lm) is visually a lot brighter than the 0.01 from my SC62w.
    I wonder if its harder to achieve such a low, low with multi-die emitters like the XHP35 and XHP50.2 etc.
    The sc52 used an XM-L2 I think, which might be easier passing the minuscule current to it required for such low output without causing flickering.
    This is only speculation on my part. No idea whether its correct or not.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Yes, thatís the problem. The new lights have a too bright moonlight. Iím wandering if the SC64c is dimmer than SC64w, because it has a XP-L2 emitter.
    🦓🔦

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    I wonder if its harder to achieve such a low, low with multi-die emitters like the XHP35 and XHP50.2 etc.
    The sc52 used an XM-L2 I think, which might be easier passing the minuscule current to it required for such low output without causing flickering.
    This is only speculation on my part. No idea whether its correct or not.
    The lowest moonlight is the SC32w with the XM-L2 and CR123. Itís so low I have to use the second lowest, and I like it pretty low!

It may seem crazy, but instead of praising how high my flashlight can go, I like it when it goes really low.
    Although Zebralight is my favorite flashlight and I like (almost) every feature, the one I like most is the moonlight.

Does anyone know any other flashlight brand that can go as low or lower than Zebralight?
    Last edited by Mr. LED; 07-11-2018 at 04:57 AM.
    🦓🔦

I do love the super low modes and miss it on my SC64w. In comparison, the lowest on my SC52w is equal to the "afterglow" on my SC600w HI IV. More useful than most people would think.
    GOOD TINT!

What do you mean by ďafterglowĒ? Is it the remaining light that lasts a second after you turn it off?
    🦓🔦

What do you mean by ďafterglowĒ? Is it the remaining light that lasts a second after you turn it off?
    Yes. Fairly bright for 1 second then fades over another few seconds.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

Does anyone know any other flashlight brand that can go as low or lower than Zebralight?
    I have an Armytek Prime that has two different moonlight modes. The dimmest is similar to the old Zebralight low moonlights. A bit brighter than the lowest Zebralight, but much dimmer than the new MkIV Zebralight moonlights.

I have a couple of Zebralights (SC52 and SC52w) that have very low moonlights on their lowest settings. IMO, too low to be useful. You can't even tell the LED is on by staring at it, unless it's dark. I find the moonlights from a couple of years ago (such as the SC5w) a bit more useful.

The latest batch (at least on my XHP35 and XHP50.2 Zebras) is too bright for my taste, at least for indoor "middle of the night" use. They're fine for outdoors, where you need a bit more light to see stuff on the ground.

Yes, ZL and their moonlights are the best! The SC64w is definitely on the brighter side of moonlight.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    Yes, ZL and their moonlights are the best! The SC64w is definitely on the brighter side of moonlight.
    Yeah, and I miss even the really low (useless) moonlight level. It was fun to have, even if it wasn't practical. Could be used as an illuminator for finding the light in the dark, though.

This really low moonlight can be used as a beacon to find the flashlight in the dark, especially while camping or sleeping in a different than usual place.
    🦓🔦

This really low moonlight can be used as a beacon to find the flashlight in the dark, especially while camping or sleeping in a different than usual place.
    The low beacon is one of my favorite features. Zebralight and my HDS lights have it. Itís better than a glow in the dark tail cap.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Minescence View Post
    The low beacon is one of my favorite features. Zebralight and my HDS lights have it. Itís better than a glow in the dark tail cap.
    I like the low beacon just so that if I accidentally triple-click, I don't get an annoying strobe.

I'm gonna get a head lamp and I'm stuck between two different models. I really like a decent throw with my flood. I realize these are both floods. But does one have slightly more throw than the other? I assume the unfrosted one has more throw. I'm overwhelmed lol. These are the two I'm looking at: h604d or h600FdAny better option? I prefer the 4500-5000 color temperature. There are so many options, lol.
    Last edited by JoeRodge; 07-27-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRodge View Post
    I'm gonna get a head lamp and I'm stuck between two different models. I really like a decent throw with my flood. I realize these are both floods. But does one have slightly more throw than the other? I assume the unfrosted one has more throw. I'm overwhelmed lol. These are the two I'm looking at: h604d or h600FdAny better option? I prefer the 4500-5000 color temperature. There are so many options, lol.
    If you are into throw, steer clear from the h604d as it is a mule light, clear lens + no reflector = 100% flood light. Out of the two the h600Fd has a great combination of throw and flood for a headlamp but it's still on the floody side, with the benefit of high CRI. If you prefer a traditional flashlight beam profile, the H600w Mk IV is the light to get.

Flashaholic

I believe the F models are the best beam profile. Especially with the 600 series since there's so many lumens available, the sheer output with the floody beam can light up trees across a river. With that said, I put DC-fix on my H53c and it's a slightly throwier version of the F, but I do wish I got the H53Fc instead. I seldom wish I had more flood OR thow than my H600Fc offers, except for when I'm reading or showing off to my friends.

If I never need tons of flood, I put a latex finger cot (or cut off finger tip of glove) over the headlamp and boom, instant H604c / H503c!

I personally would only consider the H600w if I needed it as bike light.
    Last edited by likethevegetable; 07-28-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Do the F models eliminate the tint shift across the beam? That was the one small nit pick I had with my SC53c and SC53w

Flashaholic

I find it really odd that Zebralight still hasn't posted runtimes for their xhp50 headlamps even though they have been selling them for what seems to be a very long while now.

I love Zebralight but this doesn't give me the confidence they are headed in the right direction, especially with poor PID implementation on mk4 lights and possibly overstated max lumens.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    I find it really odd that Zebralight still hasn't posted runtimes for their xhp50 headlamps even though they have been selling them for what seems to be a very long while now.

I love Zebralight but this doesn't give me the confidence they are headed in the right direction, especially with poor PID implementation on mk4 lights and possibly overstated max lumens.
    What poor PID implementation? I have two MkIV lights, and the PID seems to work fine. What is supposedly wrong?

I think their max lumen estimates are pretty good, with the exception of the 600w MkIV HI. I think that's because they just copied the numbers from the regular 600w MkIV, and didn't take into account that the HI emitter has less output. Yeah, that's not good, and shows poor updating of their website info.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    What poor PID implementation? I have two MkIV lights, and the PID seems to work fine. What is supposedly wrong?

I think their max lumen estimates are pretty good, with the exception of the 600w MkIV HI. I think that's because they just copied the numbers from the regular 600w MkIV, and didn't take into account that the HI emitter has less output. Yeah, that's not good, and shows poor updating of their website info.
    The light oscillates heavily unlike mk3 lights.

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    The light oscillates heavily unlike mk3 lights.
    I think that was only with the very early Mk.IV release and has since been corrected. At least that's what I recall reading from some folks who ran tests on BLF.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246467686970717273747576 LastLast