NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 110 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1060100103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3726

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Dang. Geez. I like my SC64c LE. But still. They could use a refresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    ZL just responded to my question regarding the discontinued SC64w by saying, it has just been dicontinued. No upgraded new version is planned for the near future. Bummer.
    Wow. I have a sc63w and it’s an absolutely stellar little light. Despite the lack of primary support it’s become my go-to for travel and hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Dang. Geez. I like my SC64c LE. But still. They could use a refresh?
    Out of these two models I have picked SC64c LE as well. May be this is the answer. 1400lm in that small body looks like an overkill to me when the only heat sink available is your hand
    Last edited by vadimax; 11-21-2020 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Out of these two models I have picked SC64c LE as well. May be this is the answer. 1400lm in that small body looks like an overkill to me when the only heat sink available is your hand

Yup. My h600fc heats up VERY quickly on the 1568 lumen setting. It's fine while being used as a headlamp as its not making contact with any skin (and still makes me giggle at how much of an area I can light up just by turning my head), but holding it in your hand gets HOT. The sc64c LE on H2 (533 lumens) seems to be the optimal high setting for me.

I guess I don't personally see the need for the sc64w when the sc64c LE and sc64w HI exist. With that being said, I get where everyone is coming from when zebralight discontinues one of their favorite models. I was furious when the sc32w was discontinued before I could grab a second one.

When I 1st decided to get a ZL several months ago, I went on a rampage and got a couple of the 64 and 53 series.

When all was said and done the SC64w HI is what ended up being my EDC. It really does make most of my other lights inferior in utility.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic*

Yes, the SC64w HI is the go-to if you want a nice bright EDC. But, even it can't handle max output for very long. The body is just too small to absorb much heat.

I have to wonder why Zebralight hasn't refreshed their line-up in 2 or 3 years. Weird.

I know I'm a weirdo ZL outlier but I had the SC64_ & I sold it as I prefer the straighter and thicker 600 series bodies. It carries just as well for me and I prefer it's looks over the skinnier one. And as a nice bonus it handles the highs better too with the slightly greater mass. I carry clipped in my front left pocket. For the record I EDC a SC600w IV HI at work and a SC600w IV Plus when not at work. I love them. Around the house I usually default to the SC700d...it's my desk and bedside table light

I've never found a need to run my EDC ZL on high for any long period of time. If I need that much light for a long time, I'll grab one of my others that are more up to the task.

I EDC my 64 series because of its size to output to runtime ratio. I'm not looking to EDC one of these novelty lights that can set stuff on fire, etc.

As far as new versions of models, I wouldn't mind seeing new offerings. In particular, something that can take any 18650 I have lying around. I won't mind the additional 1/4" or so required to do this.

... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more compact version of the SC700. Basically I want the same sized head as my beloved 600 series but with the 21700 cell inside for even longer runtime. I would probably dump my 600s insofar as EDC for THAT.

As a follow up to my post last week, I just noticed that ZL has discontinued the SC600 Mk IV HI (my favorite outdoors light), plus they discontinued the regular SC600 Mk IV and the SC52F. I hope they don't continue getting rid of lights! I also hope they are doing ok financially!!

Once a flashaholic always a flashaholic - I just ordered 5 of my favorite zebralights just in case they knock any of them off the list too!

Once a flashaholic always a flashaholic - I just ordered 5 of my favorite zebralights just in case they knock any of them off the list too!
    Hardcore! I can't believe the SC600 IV HI is out. That's one of the best.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic

They probably discontinued all xhp35 hi lights because emitter was discontinued. I suspect they will launch a new version with xhp35.2 Hi with small improvement in brightness and still unknown in terms of tint.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    They probably discontinued all xhp35 hi lights because emitter was discontinued. I suspect they will launch a new version with xhp35.2 Hi with small improvement in brightness and still unknown in terms of tint.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    Interesting. When I click your link, it brings up the TT app from the Play Store, not a CPF app.

Flashaholic

Curious...

which 5 did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Curious...

which 5 did you order?
    That’s funny you’re asking. After I made that post I knew I should’ve added that info (I would’ve asked too). So, I already have 2 of my all-around favorite SC64w HI. So here’s what I bot today so I’d have 2 of each:

- SC53w - greatest AA flashlight of all time!
    - H53w - greatest AA headlight for outdoor use of all time!
    - H53Fw - greatest AA headlight for indoor use of all time!
    - H600w Mk IV - greatest 18650 headlight for outdoors of all time!
    - H600Fw Mk IV - greatest 18650 blah blah for indoors of all time!

And of course each of the lights above have the greatest UI of all time as well. Now I just need to find an SC600w Mk IV HI and an SC64w on the secondary market to have 2 of each of those. I use my lights a lot. We go camping with our Scout Troop each month.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Interesting. When I click your link, it brings up the TT app from the Play Store, not a CPF app.

Very weird. I just clicked on it and you are right. I don't even see this link when I respond. The app adds it automatically.

Unenlightened

Why is not Zebralight SC5w Mk II on your list? (why do you prefer SC53w?)

Flashaholic

Thank you!!!

That’s funny you’re asking. After I made that post I knew I should’ve added that info (I would’ve asked too). So, I already have 2 of my all-around favorite SC64w HI. So here’s what I bot today so I’d have 2 of each:

- SC53w - greatest AA flashlight of all time!
    - H53w - greatest AA headlight for outdoor use of all time!
    - H53Fw - greatest AA headlight for indoor use of all time!
    - H600w Mk IV - greatest 18650 headlight for outdoors of all time!
    - H600Fw Mk IV - greatest 18650 blah blah for indoors of all time!

And of course each of the lights above have the greatest UI of all time as well. Now I just need to find an SC600w Mk IV HI and an SC64w on the secondary market to have 2 of each of those. I use my lights a lot. We go camping with our Scout Troop each month.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Hardcore! I can't believe the SC600 IV HI is out. That's one of the best.
    Hardcore! Sooooooo funny!!
    I can't believe they're knocking it off too. The SC600w IV HI is the greatest outdoor-use throwy little ZL ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolg View Post
    Why is not Zebralight SC5w Mk II on your list? (why do you prefer SC53w?)
    The SC5w is an awesome light too. I like the smaller formfactor of the SC53w light a bit more. Just a personal preference really and is driven by my appreciation of small lightweight equipment. I often use my SC53w by holding it in my mouth, so I can use both hands for a task, so I figure the smaller the better. The SC5w would work just as good since it's only a little bit bigger & heavier. Also, I almost never run my single AA lights on max, so the added heft of the SC5w wouldn't add any benefits for me. Still, the SC5w is an awesome light and shares in having the greatest UI of all time!!! I just like the SC53w more.

Flashaholic*

Hardcore! Sooooooo funny!!
    I can't believe they're knocking it off too. The SC600w IV HI is the greatest outdoor-use throwy little ZL ever.
    WTF is zebralight doing? That's their best light ever. I really hope it's just a sign they're about to update their lights, and replace that one with a new emitter.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    WTF is zebralight doing? That's their best light ever. I really hope it's just a sign they're about to update their lights, and replace that one with a new emitter.
    A response I received from ZL regarding them discontinuing the SC64w, suggests there aren’t any updates (at least for that light and perhaps other lights) coming anytime soon. I asked ZL if they were removing it from their list to make way for an upgrade, and their response was “no upgraded new version in the near future.”

Restating my earlier concern, I hope ZL is doing ok. I remember when Quarks went away when 4Sevens went out of business. I met with the owner (not about flashlights but for another matter) after that happened, and he eluded to losing the lawsuit that SUREFIRE hit him with sunk his business for good. I even had the impression that it sunk his desire to stay in the business period. I have thought since then that I wish I had known. I would have doubled up on a few of my favorites (like the 2AA throwy Quark Turbo QB2A XP-G2 and the 18650 bodies that turned other Quarks into 18650 lights.) I hope that never happens again, especially to ZL!!
    Last edited by Outdoorsman5; 11-24-2020 at 09:44 AM.

I have a bad feeling (but no evidence) about what's going on at ZebraLight - and I say that as a fan of the company.
    It has been too long since they offered any new lights and brands like e.g. Emisar make more interesting flashlights with new features and LEDs now.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Hmmm. Maybe stock up on a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe stock up on a few more.

I spent all my money on toilet paper.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    I have a bad feeling (but no evidence) about what's going on at ZebraLight - and I say that as a fan of the company.
    It has been too long since they offered any new lights and brands like e.g. Emisar make more interesting flashlights with new features and LEDs now.
    I have criticized their lack of new models as well. But, to be fair, their current line-up is still state-of-the-art for the niche they are in. Perhaps they have decided that improvements are not necessary right now. However, that doesn't explain why they are discontinuing models. It seems like a going-out-of-business sale, if they are really not planning replacements. It's too late in the year for a new line-up to generate Christmas sales, so I'm inclined to believe they aren't releasing anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I spent all my money on toilet paper.
    Markr6, THAT WAS SOOOOOOO FUNNY --- AGAIN! I'm sitting in my office all by myself and BUSTED OUT laughing!!

The lack of new models doesn't bother me but I hope they're doing ok business wise in general. I'd hate for them to disappear.

come back ZL.
    Malkoff Junkie

Page 110 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1060100103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117120 ... LastLast