The Fenix-Store        
Page 111 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1161101104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118121 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 3710

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

I simply have no use for one right now but if my AT Wizard Pro XHP50 Warm or ZL sc64w ever go missing or break I would LOVE to try out the H600c Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 4000K High CRI Headlamp... Wonder what they will have available if/when the time comes.

I still periodically fall back on my h600fc as my light that I carry for the day once it gets colder out. I wear a lot of flannels and heavier shirts with chest pockets and have grown to love clipping a right angle light to my pocket to still have hands free use when I'm just doing quick tasks. As much as I love my sc64c LE and my new found love for malkoff's....I still end up with the h600fc in my pocket once the fall/winter hits.

Sounds like I should hold onto the very few ZL's I own.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic*

Love my 2 Zebralights that I own..(SC64w and SC700d).

They're awesome.

Flashaholic*

The last major shake-up for most of their lights was the MkIV releases, way back in October 2017. That's over 3 years ago! They did some emitter swaps with the SC64 in 2018/2019, and of course the SC700 earlier last year. But that's about it! It doesn't seem they're doing any engineering or design work anymore.

From what I can find on google, it seems they're basically a Chinese company that is registered in Texas and run by a couple of family members. They might have a couple of staff there, I presume doing sales. Revenue around $2M per year, though that's probably not too accurate. They abandoned a copyright registration to their logo many years ago... I'm not sure why.

Doesn't look good, unless they're planning a MkV release soon, and are just denying it for sales reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    The last major shake-up for most of their lights was the MkIV releases, way back in October 2017. That's over 3 years ago! They did some emitter swaps with the SC64 in 2018/2019, and of course the SC700 earlier last year. But that's about it! It doesn't seem they're doing any engineering or design work anymore.

From what I can find on google, it seems they're basically a Chinese company that is registered in Texas and run by a couple of family members. They might have a couple of staff there, I presume doing sales. Revenue around $2M per year, though that's probably not too accurate. They abandoned a copyright registration to their logo many years ago... I'm not sure why.

Doesn't look good, unless they're planning a MkV release soon, and are just denying it for sales reasons.
    All really good points WITL! I have one more thing to add. I asked ZL, maybe 2 months ago, if they were planning on releasing a SC700d HI. They simply replied with a flat, "No." This isn't much, but it does add to the evidence that they aren't engineering new items. I hope we're all wrong, and they come out with lots of new releases. That would be awesome (and terribly expensive for me.) If, however, ZL goes away or drastically shrinks, I sure would hate that. These are my favorite lights to use and to give as gifts.

I love my 14 Zebralights.

As a person that too often jumps on the "next best thing", I surprised myself by hanging onto the H600w II. 2013?!?! Where does time go.

Anyway, no plans/need to update in all that time. I guess what I'm saying, I can't even think of anything for them to make or update. Well OK, make the C3 then I'm good.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    As a person that too often jumps on the "next best thing", I surprised myself by hanging onto the H600w II. 2013?!?! Where does time go.

Anyway, no plans/need to update in all that time. I guess what I'm saying, I can't even think of anything for them to make or update. Well OK, make the C3 then I'm good.
    I have used my H600w II for that long too, and agree it's hard to beat. I'm liking my new H600w Mk IV and the H600Fw Mk IV a bit more for the most recent UI update; otherwise, there's not much difference in the 2013 model and today's models. These ZL are the best of the best to me. I'm giving 4 headlights away (to guys in our Scout Troop that have commented on my lights) as Christmas gifts. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    I have used my H600w II for that long too, and agree it's hard to beat. I'm liking my new H600w Mk IV and the H600Fw Mk IV a bit more for the most recent UI update; otherwise, there's not much difference in the 2013 model and today's models.
    And I'm yet another still rocking an H600w MkII for several years. No reason to update it!
    ​"What do you carry a flashlight for?!"

Flashaholic*

My old SC52w has gotten glitchy, lately, and more so in the last week.
    Was blaming an Eneloop with a dented button top, but that was wishful thinking.
    I broke down and ordered the SC64w HI that I've been debating vs. a SC53w. Also ordered a couple of 18650s, just in case.
    I have a pair of unprotected Orbtronic 3500mAh IMRs(bought by accident instead of protected cells) listed as 18.5x65.6mm, but saw the Sanyos on the ZL site are 18.2x65.1mm. Doesn't seem like much difference, but I didn't want to take any chances. I haven't confirmed the measurements, but these suckers are pretty fat. I had to sand the tube on a Malkoff MD2, and even remove the label from one, to get them to fit.
    Wondering if they'll work in the SC64(?).

Il be honest, I've been into flashlights for a couple decades and have only gotten a ZL within the last 6-months or so. All that time, I did just fine without it, as I will if or when they go away or never release another product.

While their interface is my favorite of all the lights I own, it's their size (53 and 64) that keeps me holding on to the few I do have.

All that being said, they really should make a statement as to what their plans are going to be moving forward.

... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic

nascar, I agree, ZL is pretty quiet with zero advertising. I hope they're doing well financially because they make a one-of-a-kind light, and for selfish reasons I want them to continute to do so.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh.........this doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling

Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

OH NO!!!! I just pulled them up on google maps and saw both locations in Irving, TX show up as permanently closed. I hope they are at least planning on keeping their China operations going. I’ll ask them on their website and see what comes up. I’ll report back if they answer.

Did they ever make an sc53c with Samsung LED? Or just cree easy white.

Flashaholic

New on their site...

They state: Starting Jan 1, 2021, we will accept orders from U.S. customers only.

Better get em while you can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    New on their site...

They state: Starting Jan 1, 2021, we will accept orders from U.S. customers only.

Better get em while you can!!!
    Wow. So what that does mean for warranty issues?

Flashaholic

There are no changes in the warranty portion of the website... Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Wow. So what that does mean for warranty issues?

Well...the world is ending.

I can't believe it! I may update my old H600w after all.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

That certainly sounds like they're going out of business, and selling off all their existing stock. That's really too bad. I was a proud fan-boy. Luckily, I probably have all the zebralights I need for awhile. There was 1 or 2 I was interested in earlier this year, but they changed shipping rates to Canada to make it prohibitive to order from them.

I expect them to close up shop early next year, once they've sold most of their stuff. If you want anything, you probably just have a couple of months to get it. Don't expect any warranty service, because they won't be around to offer it.

Oh well, I'm set for awhile, but I suppose it's an excuse to try out some other premium brands. The problem is, finding regulated lights at a reasonable price isn't easy. Everyone seems to want to use linear and FET drivers, which I generally don't like due to their inefficiency and inconsistent output.

Yeah, that looks like they're dead. RIP ZebraLight, I really liked you.

IMHO the most interesting brand in the "ZL category" right now is Emisar/Noctigon. Not up to par in terms of efficiency but lots of nice features and LEDs to choose from.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Oh God, nooo! Zebralight is my favorite brand by far!!!!!

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk
    FENIX LD20 R4, TK12 R5, TK21 U2, TK35, QUARK Mini AA R5, THRUNITE A1. Zebralight SC51, now the SC52 on 14500 and Eagletac G25C2 MKII!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Yeah, that looks like they're dead. RIP ZebraLight, I really liked you.

IMHO the most interesting brand in the "ZL category" right now is Emisar/Noctigon. Not up to par in terms of efficiency but lots of nice features and LEDs to choose from.
    Agreed, except that they use linear and FET drivers. But, I like their design and the pocket-rocket feature is fun. The color bling LEDs isn't a big draw for me, but Anduril likes those toys.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    The color bling LEDs isn't a big draw for me, but Anduril likes those toys.
    They're quite nice if you use them as an always-on battery indicator ;-)
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Flashaholic*

They may still be some hope: when I asked them less than two months ago about the availability of optional tailcaps with magnets, they answered:
    "The upcoming A6 will come with magnets. The H600 Mk V, to be released (maybe mid) next year, will have magnets as well as charging ports."

Good news. I asked ZL if business was good and if they would remain in business for the foreseeable future. The response was positive: “So far so good.” We’ll be in business for the foreseeable future. That being said, there will be some changes in the future in terms of our products and sales. Our current website (online store) will be dedicated to the U.S. customers only, because starting with the A6, which will be announced shortly, 18650 batteries will be included in the package.”

Looks like good news to me: A) They are making a new light. B) They are doing well enough to remain open in the foreseeable future. C) But, changes are coming, perhaps good, but seems likely not as good as we would hope since some of their key lights have been discontinued and limiting website sales to U.S. only. A big question mark now is, how are non-US people going to order these lights?? Maybe Amazon??

GREAT NEWS! Thanks for looking into this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    Good news. I asked ZL if business was good and if they would remain in business for the foreseeable future. The response was positive: “So far so good.” We’ll be in business for the foreseeable future. That being said, there will be some changes in the future in terms of our products and sales. Our current website (online store) will be dedicated to the U.S. customers only, because starting with the A6, which will be announced shortly, 18650 batteries will be included in the package.”

Looks like good news to me: A) They are making a new light. B) They are doing well enough to remain open in the foreseeable future. C) But, changes are coming, perhaps good, but seems likely not as good as we would hope since some of their key lights have been discontinued and limiting website sales to U.S. only. A big question mark now is, how are non-US people going to order these lights?? Maybe Amazon??

Good and bad since I'm not in usa. But as long as they stick around.

Flashaholic*

I'm suspicious that's just BS. No company is going to tell you they're going out of business, until they're ready to announce it publicly.

Besides, why would they ignore every market outside of the U.S.? That might be okay if they were a US-based company that has never sold on-line, but they're not. They're clearly a Chinese company, and the one thing the Chinese are good at is selling to the entire world.

Including batteries as an excuse to not sell anywhere else? It doesn't make sense. Maybe they have a supply of A6, and they want to find a way of bundling it so they can sell it off fast (perhaps because they also have a supply of batteries to get rid of).

And why are their Texas operations permanently closed? Why discontinue some of their best lights? None of that adds up.

Page 111 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1161101104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118121 ... LastLast