Imalent        
Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2474114117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 3838

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    First, I'll point out that Zebralight is a Chinese company, which makes their lights in China, and for every country except the US, they shipped their lights to the consumer directly from China. (The US has/had a Texas warehouse where they shipped from.)

Second, I ordered a Emisar D4v2 from International Outdoor last week. Again, a Chinese company, shipping their lights from China. It was FREE shipping, and tracking shows it's going to get delivered to me today in the regular mail (Canada). That's LESS THAN 2 WEEKS from China. That's actually better time than I would normally get before the pandemic started! (For free shipping.)

There's absolutely no excuse why Zebralight can't do what every other Chinese company is able to do. Using the pandemic as an excuse not to do mail-order? That's not only ridiculous, but completely contrary to what every other company is doing now, including traditional brick & mortar retail stores. Zebralight no longer seems interested in running a proper business.
    you're saying that ZL only shipped domestically from the US?
    only US customers got their lights from the US, and everyone else got their lights shipped to them directly from china? that's interesting.

i've never heard that before, and that changes my impression of the situation.

i wonder if they're trying to make their business seem more american or something. or they're having problems with their chinese order fulfillment. or they want to do only US-based QC. i dunno.

where were non-US customers supposed to send their lights for warranty issues?

still though, they have to be an american company, right? are you doubting that they're registered as a business in the US and pay taxes?
    Last edited by SYZYGY; 01-08-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Well folks, as iím in Europe, getting ZL is always pricey for me but as long as i can get even used ones iím happy.
    Nkon will have them for sure so iím good.

Now talking about SC64w HI (i love the tint on that one) and just recently arrived SC600Fc IV+ i was really disapointed in the last one. 4000K but beam is so yellow and green.
    So i decided to upgrade to Fd standard. I have 5000K XHP50.2 90CRI laying around and i think it will be better than Fc.

Sent from Tapatalk

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by SYZYGY View Post
    you're saying that ZL only shipped domestically from the US?
    only US customers got their lights from the US, and everyone else got their lights shipped to them directly from china? that's interesting.

i've never heard that before, and that changes my impression of the situation.

i wonder if they're trying to make their business seem more american or something. or they're having problems with their chinese order fulfillment. or they want to do only US-based QC. i dunno.

where were non-US customers supposed to send their lights for warranty issues?

still though, they have to be an american company, right? are you doubting that they're registered as a business in the US and pay taxes?
    Yes, it's always been the case (for at least several years, anyway) that US customers get their lights shipped from Texas, whereas anyone else in the world got their lights shipped from China. AFAIK, all lights are made in China, but they were sent to a warehouse in Texas for distribution locally. The owners are Chinese, but there's some evidence that they live in Texas, so perhaps that's why they set up the distribution there.

Zebralight is registered as a company in Texas, yes. But, they do everything else in China. Though, perhaps with the recent changes, maybe that has changed. Anything is possible. I think at one time they were going to do some manufacturing or something like that in Texas, but I don't think that ever happened. You only have to look at the prices from companies like HDS or Surefire or Malkoff, to understand why.

For warranty service, I think you send it to Texas, then they just mail it off to China to be fixed. That's why it takes so long. Everywhere else in the world, you just mail it to China. I've never had to get warranty work, but it was a pretty good deal outside of the warranty period, just $15, if they still had parts.

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post

Sent from Tapatalk
    That's before the LED swap, right?

How are you planning to install the new LED? By prying out the driver completely like others have done?

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

Yeap, heating it a bit to soften the silicone beneath and pull with the tweezers.
    Now to the swap

Sent from Tapatalk
    Last edited by id30209; 01-08-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Flashaholic*

Aren't zebralights supposed to be potted? How did you get that out, if it was potted?

Aren't zebralights supposed to be potted? How did you get that out, if it was potted?
    Soft silicone...

Sent from Tapatalk

i'm wondering if someone can please give me some insight and educated guesses about what the new ZL offerings could be.

i'm not an emitter nerd, so i don't even know what SST20 is. it appears to be a series of high-CRI emitters by Luminus that may be as good as or better than those of nichia fame? is that right?

what are the beam characteristics like? are they large or small emitters in terms of physical footprint?

just asking because i bought SC64w HI and H600d Mk IV as gifts, and i'm wondering if i should cancel the order and wait to see what's coming.
    anyone suspect that these lights are about to get refreshed very soon?

thanks. and don't be afraid to dumb it down for me. assume i don't know much about flashlights

Flashaholic

SST20 is offered in 4000k down to 2700k in 95 CRI, matching closely to the 9080 cri of the 219b. It's a small LED so it has much better intensity and can outhrow the lh351d and 219c.

I really like it, but it comes with one major downside. At low power settings, the SST20 turns more green. Not ideal for low and moonlight levels.

The sc64 hi will give similar throw to an SST20 high cri emitter, but more lumens and better tint across all output levels. The xhp50 led will be far brighter, but also way more floody with not as much reach against an SST20.

I'd say stick to your order, as we don't know if Zebralight will release any new lights and if they do, might be a while until we see one.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

I agree in recommending to stick with your purchase. It's a great light.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic*

Yeah, it's been over 3 years since Zebralight updated their line-up, and there's no indication they have any plans to do so in the future. This seems bad on the surface, but in reality, there hasn't been a huge change in LEDs or batteries over the past 3 years that requires an update. So, if you're waiting for an updated line-up before you buy, you might be waiting a long time.

A wider selection of LEDs would be a nice addition to their line-up, but they probably don't want to introduce too many skews. Probably a smart thing for a business to do, even though it kind of sucks for the consumer. Other companies, like Convoy and Emisar, seems to be able to handle a large variety of emitters. But, most companies just stick with the ugliest cool-white they can find. Zebralight is in the middle.

SYZYGY, I agree with the recommendation to stick with your purchase. If I could have only one flashlight, itíd be the Zebra SC64w HI. Youíve also picked a great headlight too. Odds are, youíll LOVE em, especially the UI!!

thanks for the responses guys!

those were just going to be gifts for family members.

btw, i already have sc64w hi, sc600w plus, sc700d, and h600w for myself (i like h600w more than h600c/h600d because of the slightly narrower beam angle).
    the sc64w hi especially is great. it's always in my pocket. barely noticeable. small enough to not get in the way but throwy enough to not be useless outside.

indeed, the UI is nice. i only use G6/G7. G6 i have low modes on single click (H1/H2) and high modes on long click (L1/L2). G7 i pretty much just use to access the (rarely used) very lowest and highest mode since i didn't put them in G6. i don't like that it takes about 200 clicks to fully program G6 and G7, but oh well. you only have to do it each time you get a new light

mostly i was looking for a possible excuse to get a hands on look at a new model i might like more. if i did, then i'd know what to upgrade to later lol
    Last edited by SYZYGY; 01-10-2021 at 05:10 AM.

Flashaholic*

I'm getting more and more interested in the A6 headlamp.
    I'd already had several coworkers asking about my H600w after seeing it in action, but last night I spent nearly 6hrs acting as an extra mechanic. They all have headlamps, but nothing like this, and it made things better for everyone.
    It makes for really short conversation, though.
    "Hey, how much did that cost? $90?!? Oh, hell, no!"
    I was thinking that if they could make one model that was waterproof, with a floody beam, neutral emitter, and simpler UI at a lower cost, it might go over really well. So I finally got around to looking at their product comparison page, and there it is. 5 mode, 5000K, Floody.
    I was hoping for 3 easily programmable modes with less max output('cause with 800 lumens on tap, people will naturally be running around with it on high, burning through batteries like crazy), but whatever.

Just not sure what price point they'd need to hit.
    In years past, having something like that issued by the company could have been a very realistic expectation where I work, but in our current ownership's case, they'd definitely have to be bought by the individual employees.
    Last edited by Owen; 01-26-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Even with the price tag, I still can't believe all my camping friends don't go home and buy one after seeing my perfect neutral white tint on the leaves and snow next to their dim, PWM, purple crap.
    GOOD TINT!

the headlamp straps and rubber holders have changed.

the rubber holder has a new mold. if you look, the shape is a bit different.
    the material is also different. the new rubber is stiffer, firmer, less compliant. it was harder to get the headlamp into it.

the strap is also totally different. different process and material.
    the old strap had the same zebralight art pattern on both sides, but the color was inverted on the reverse side.
    the new one has the zebralight pattern on one side, but the reverse side is one solid color (no pattern). it's somewhat shiny.
    the material also has a significantly different feel. the old style has a softer feel. the new one feels stiffer and thicker, but it's still stretchy.
    it feels kind of like nylon webbing when it's not stretched. it's silky smooth (especially if you feel it "along the weave" in one direction) and yet also kind of harsh feeling.
    the older one felt a bit like terrycloth in comparison. i haven't tested, but i would imagine that velcro would stick to the old style much better just to give you an idea of its texture.
    i think i prefer the old strap material more (seems more comfy), but the new one's also fine.

the adjustment buckles appear to be identical.

in these pics, the new headlamp is on top, and the old is below:

i got two sc64w hi and one h600w.
    fwiw, the anodization is the same on them. the current batch is a fairly dark color with a rougher, more satin-like texture.
    it's not glassy smooth like some other batches.
    Last edited by SYZYGY; 01-15-2021 at 04:40 AM.

Flashaholic*

It's been like that for at least a year. The H600Fc I bought last year has the same strap as yours. (Well, I bought two straps for a backup, but I never opened the other one yet. Maybe it's different.)

whoops. just consider it another review then
    Last edited by SYZYGY; 01-15-2021 at 05:28 AM.

As a note i ordered a few replacement headbands for the 600 series headlight and they are the newer style.
    Kata Ton Δaimona Eaytoy

Flashaholic

Good Info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SYZYGY View Post
    the headlamp straps and rubber holders have changed.

the rubber holder has a new mold. if you look, the shape is a bit different.

Flashaholic*

Yeah, it's been over 3 years since Zebralight updated their line-up, and there's no indication they have any plans to do so in the future. This seems bad on the surface, but in reality, there hasn't been a huge change in LEDs or batteries over the past 3 years that requires an update. So, if you're waiting for an updated line-up before you buy, you might be waiting a long time.

A wider selection of LEDs would be a nice addition to their line-up, but they probably don't want to introduce too many skews. Probably a smart thing for a business to do, even though it kind of sucks for the consumer. Other companies, like Convoy and Emisar, seems to be able to handle a large variety of emitters. But, most companies just stick with the ugliest cool-white they can find. Zebralight is in the middle.
    I emailed Zebralight asking when the SC600 MK V would be coming and the replied with: From what I know of, we'll focus on the A6 and H600 mostly this year. The SC65 will be released early next year and then the SC600 V series.

The A6 may look like an entry level thing, but in reality it's our first try of a new (groundbreaking!) driver design that is far more efficient than anything on the market, along with some goodies (~6.8mm shorter than the H600, built in magnets, etc.)
    The H600 V will come with a magnetic charging port.

That is good news, but I was hoping the SC600 would be released this year. Oh well. I will have to just enjoy using my current line up of zebras: SC600 MK III, SC700d, SC63(edc), H600 MKIV. Zebralight is my favorite manufacturer and almost use them exclusively. I have a Nitecore P30 for throw, and Noctigon Meteor for high output.

Great info tonkem! Thanks!!

Flashaholic*

Interesting. Sounds like good news, mostly. Very slow to release new products, but they seem to be planning to stay in business.

Not interested in the A6. Nor am I interested in anything with magnetic charging. Hopefully, they'll keep the Mk IV designs for those of us that prefer to charge separately and want to keep the lights as small and light as possible.

(Well, assuming they decide to sell outside the US at some point in the future.)

Quote Originally Posted by tonkem View Post
    I emailed Zebralight asking when the SC600 MK V would be coming and the replied with: From what I know of, we'll focus on the A6 and H600 mostly this year. The SC65 will be released early next year and then the SC600 V series.

The A6 may look like an entry level thing, but in reality it's our first try of a new (groundbreaking!) driver design that is far more efficient than anything on the market, along with some goodies (~6.8mm shorter than the H600, built in magnets, etc.)

That is good news, but I was hoping the SC600 would be released this year. Oh well. I will have to just enjoy using my current line up of zebras: SC600 MK III, SC700d, SC63(edc), H600 MKIV. Zebralight is my favorite manufacturer and almost use them exclusively. I have a Nitecore P30 for throw, and Noctigon Meteor for high output.
    That sounds great! But next year like 2021? Hahah are you sure the email was not replied on December 31? Hahaha

Cheers!

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk
    FENIX LD20 R4, TK12 R5, TK21 U2, TK35, QUARK Mini AA R5, THRUNITE A1. Zebralight SC51, now the SC52 on 14500 and Eagletac G25C2 MKII!

Flashaholic

+70 cri, no thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by tonkem View Post

Ok zebra heads.. I currently am married to :

SC64
    SC700d
    SC600w mk III HI
    SC600fd mk IV plus

DOES the SC600F Mk III Plus fill any holes?

I am not a CRI baby, perhaps the mk III surplants the high CRI mk IV ?

The reason I ask is that the mk III is $69 on clearance

Flashaholic

not with this on hand it doesn't: SC600fd mk IV plus

it just creates one in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post
    Ok zebra heads.. I currently am married to :

SC64
    SC700d
    SC600w mk III HI
    SC600fd mk IV plus

DOES the SC600F Mk III Plus fill any holes?

I am not a CRI baby, perhaps the mk III surplants the high CRI mk IV ?

The reason I ask is that the mk III is $69 on clearance

I've been looking for a way to carry a SC700F on my belt. The 1.5 inch head could make some of the knife holsters a tough fit as I've found many show a 1.5x1" ID. Looked at light holsters like the Lumintop FW21 Pro Nylon Holster and many others but still not finding what I'd prefer. Don't want a molded holster, nylon with stretch sides would be best. I can always sew a Velcro strap across the top to hold the light in. A friend mentions she might be able to stitch together a case made from heavy denim, which would be flexible and less likely to feel uncomfortable like a molded case while bending or sitting. Has anyone found something they like and be suited for the SC700?

And while at it, does anyone have both the F and Fd versions? Looking for feedback from someone who can compare the two side-by-side. I have the floody version and for my typical use it's perfect. Would consider getting a F version too if there is that much difference between them, throw vs floody. The size and power make it a winner. Was surprised at how well it works for me. Bought it as a backup for those times when I didn't want to bring along the slightly bulkier GX30A3D. With the right holster it might give my P10A's competition as an EDC.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ieslei View Post
    That sounds great! But next year like 2021? Hahah are you sure the email was not replied on December 31? Hahaha

Cheers!

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk
    I gathered next year is 2022, as I emailed yesterday and they replied today.

Flashaholic

SYZYGY, thanks for sharing! I use the ArmyTek Wizard mount and pocket clip (and grind the clamps down slightly), and much prefer them.

tonkem, also thanks for sharing. Looks like they're in less trouble than we speculated, hah. Magnetic charging will be interesting, although I must admit I'd rather have a ZL that's as compact and reliable as possible, which seems to fit their current design ethos. Only things I would ask for are better LEDs, shorten the H600's a few mm, and add some more customizability to the UI (a few ideas come to mind), a switch that felt more durable, and some consistent anodizing, haha I guess that list went on... However, if the charging circuit was bi-directional, ie, allowed us to use our ZL as a battery bank, I'd take that.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2474114117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast