ArmyTek        
Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3260

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU View Post
    My only suggestion would be to set the high modes to H1/M1 and the medium settings to H2/M2. Leave them on the medium settings (single click from off for M1, double click from off for M2), and then that way all you have to do when the light is on is double click when you need more light.
    If there were an option to disable memory for sub-levels I would probably do exactly this. For me that would be a major improvement to the ui. But I don't want to have to keep track of which sub-level I turn it off in.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    If there were an option to disable memory for sub-levels I would probably do exactly this. For me that would be a major improvement to the ui. But I don't want to have to keep track of which sub-level I turn it off in.
    I don't understand your concern with the current memory, knowing there are any of three levels to get get to directly from off.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by this_is_nascar; 07-29-2020 at 05:40 AM.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU View Post
    My only suggestion would be to set the high modes to H1/M1 and the medium settings to H2/M2. Leave them on the medium settings (single click from off for M1, double click from off for M2), and then that way all you have to do when the light is on is double click when you need more light.
    That's what I do, in one of the mode groups. I have L2/M2/H2 set to 3 different levels, all medium or lower. Then L1/M1/H1 all set to max output. So, it's a simple double-click from whatever level am I on, to get to turbo. Works really well for when I just want a quick blast of light to look at something farther away.

So I finally was coming around to the idea of ordering a SC600w IV HI to compliment my SC600w IV Plus.....and now they seem to have DROPPED this particular SKU!

So BUMMED

Flashaholic

wow, that is a-shame.

it's a really great light.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    So I finally was coming around to the idea of ordering a SC600w IV HI to compliment my SC600w IV Plus.....and now they seem to have DROPPED this particular SKU!

So BUMMED

So BUMMED
    Definitely a buzz killer.
    Kata Ton Δaimona Eaytoy

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Wonder why.

... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic*

Strange. Maybe it's just a blip. Their website is usually out-of-date and poorly maintained. The spreadsheet still has it listed as a current model.

Or, perhaps they're finally soon coming out with a Mk V version of their lights, and they're de-listing the Mk IV once it sells out. Christmas season isn't too far away, so it kind of makes sense they'd come out with something new in the next couple of months.

Speaking of SC600wís. Iíve been using a SW600w L2 II for a bit now and was curious if it was worth upgrading.

I like the fact that I can use protected and unprotected cells, not sure if this is the case with future models.

Also I never use the high setting so max output is irrelevant to me.

A smaller sized light would be nice and I think the UI is a bit different which may be nice as the ui one the mkii is a little annoying to me. But thatís a nitpick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on the subreddit Flashlights said it was a shortage of that particular emitter

Someone found it in stock at GPKnives and sent me a link....but now I'm kind of wondering if I should hold out for a possible new SC600xxx?

Flashaholic

Xhp35 Hi led has been officially discontinued by Cree, but they have announced the xhp35.2 HI which is probably not yet available. Based on LED design of the second gen replacement, it is suspected to be more efficient but likely more green in tint. Nobody knows for sure until we see it.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Flashaholic*

That's too bad. The XHP35 HI has a really nice, even, clean tint. It's especially pleasant on the SC64w HI, though the SC600w IV HI is nice too. Not so good if the XHP35.2 HI is

Went ahead and placed an order for the SC600w IV HI at GPKnives. Never ordered with them before. Hope all goes well! And thanks to SlumberPass for the tip off.

Flashaholic

you'll do well with them.

a good company to deal with.

imo, Jim

Went ahead and placed an order for the SC600w IV HI at GPKnives. Never ordered with them before. Hope all goes well! And thanks to SlumberPass for the tip off.

Are there any new lights coming from Zebralight? I did not go for a 700 but I've had most of their other lights. Ready for them to up the bar again...

I wish they would update the site more....they STILL don't have any run-time info posted for the 700 series lights

They somehow blocked google docs here at work and I can't open the spreadsheet now. Is the C3 still listed on that?
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    They somehow blocked google docs here at work and I can't open the spreadsheet now. Is the C3 still listed on that?
    Nope. They still have that entry-level A6 listed, though. I doubt they'll ever do that one, either.

Flashaholic

On the topic of UI, I think a really cool option to toggle would be if when you hold, it ramps through each sub-mode then mode in increasing brightness. Click-ClickHold would take you opposite direction. Sort of how Anduril operates. I'm not partial to ramping UI's because I don't need 20 modes, 6 seems to be a great amount for me.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

I recently bought and received a H604d. The ring around the button is different from other new ZLs I have received before, and is different from what they have in their pictures of all headlights. It is not shiny and does not have the 45 degree slope. It is not as comfortable to press the button (but I might get used to it). I have only seen this type of button ring on a H302w I got back from ZL warranty service a couple of years ago.

I emailed ZL asking about the button ring and they said "We changed the switch/button ring design of our headlamps 2 or 3 years ago.".

Is this reply consistent with what you have received from ZL? If you have bought a new HL from ZL in the past 2-3 years, did it have this matte ring or the shiny 45 degree kind?

Thanks!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    I've been info flashlights for a couple decades now. I've always heard of ZL, but only purchased my 1st one a few weeks ago. My main reason for giving ZL any serious consideration was the very dim firefly mode I've always ready about. Also, the UI had always seem to get high marks.

I spent many days and hours researching offings. I originally wanted a 1xAA format, but quickly learned that none of them support 14500 lithium-ion cells. So, owning 18650 lights, that's what I focused on next. ZL claims to have some of the smallest 18650 based lights available.

I ended up getting the SC64w HI, because it seems to meet my needs of an EDC as far as a balance of throw and spill. I was disappointed to learn that only flat-top unprotected cells can fit in the light. I would have sacrificed an additional 1/4 inch in length for its ability to fit any and all 18650 cells. Damn, for less than $25, I can but a Convoy S2+ or Sofirn SP31 v2.0 that will handle any 18650 I put in there. Anyway, I purchased the ZL and some unprotected flat-top 3500 mAH cells.

So far, I've been very pleased with the light. I love the tint and the UI. I've been EDCing since I got it.

the sc62 will take a button top protected 18650 cell.

it's an older light but still very bright

have to order straight from ZL site... most dealers are out of stock on it

http://www.zebralight.com/SC62-18650...ite_p_147.html

1000 lumens
    takes 69mm cell length

I run a variety of flat top and button tops. no problems. Diameter can be a little snug with a protected cell due to 2 layers of shrink wrap.
    Last edited by turbodog; 08-26-2020 at 10:05 PM.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Banned

I originally wanted a 1xAA format, but quickly learned that none of them support 14500 lithium-ion cells.
    Assuming the Zebralight AA lights did accept 14500 Li-ion, because the modes are regulated, output would be identical to running an AA. I believe the older SC52 did accept 14500, but the AA-only Zebralights have higher max brightnesses. It has been suggested that 14500 would give those highest modes longer runtime and more consistent output than an AA, so one would have to decide just how much they'd be running those highest modes to say 14500 is essential and lack of support a dealbreaker. I use 14500 in other lights, but I personally see no reason the AA Zebralights should support 14500. But I would fight to the death to defend your right to decide for yourself, I just saw a possibility you might not have considered everything.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    Diameter can be a little snug with a protected cell due to 2 layers of shrink wrap.
    I understand this_is_nascar may already have protected cells, so still good info, but I just wanted to point out Zebralights have built-in low voltage protection, so a protection circuit on an ICR is not necessary and/or redundant. Redundancy can be a good thing. But I would run IMR or INR before ICR. I think some prefer to have the negligible extra capacity of ICR. But capacities have gone up for most chemistries in the last few years. And its 18650 were talking about, so just how many weeks of runtime does anyone need on one cell? I think beyond making it to and through the weekend is just overkill.

" I believe the older SC52 did accept 14500, but the AA-only Zebralights have higher max brightnesses."

AA: 300 lumens
    LiIon: 540 lumens

It's WAY brighter in person, and I love it.

Thanks for the responses. I've since gotten passed any desire to own a AA based ZL. I have enough AA lights, I'd I ever decided to dedicate myself to that platform. I've since ordered several of those red labeled 18650s from the ZL sure and gave been doing fine.

I EDC my SC64w HI. I've since purchased another one as a spare, an SC64c LE and an SC600w MK IV HI.

Banned

I've since gotten passed any desire to own a AA based ZL. I have enough AA lights, I'd I ever decided to dedicate myself to that platform.
    Too impractical? I find this actually relatively common near-fanatical devotion to Li-ion formats (esp. with CPFers) hard to understand. I am chemistry and format agnostic, (NiMH, Li-FeS2, even Alkaline or Super Heavy Duty if that is all that is available, IFR, INR, IMR, ICR; AAA, AA, 2/3AA, 10180, 10440, 14500, CR123A, 16340, 18500, 18650, etc.) whatever it takes, you know?) and see there's a right tool for the right job. But throwing ZL AA in with other AA lights, as just another AA light is sort of missing the tree for the forests, overlooking that the ZL AA draws 5 amps in turbo. I seriously doubt any other AA draws more than 1 or 2 amps. That makes a big difference. But I do understand that sometimes 475Lm - 550Lm is just not enough lumens for many, and I admit that during the day, outside in the shade, that output is only barely adequate for close range stuff. If it is not enough lumens for most tasks at 3am on a moonless night up to 30 yards, then I am very grateful for my eyes. Some CPFers have very stringent requirements, like the CPF member that has to inspect airplanes and uses a 3A FM1794, and I just use that for fun, like waking up fish sleeping in the underwater docklight currents at 5AM.
    Last edited by chillinn; 08-27-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Flashaholic*

The AA zebralights are plenty bright enough for most uses, but a AA cell only has about a quarter the energy of a 18650 cell. So, I prefer the AA zebras for indoors, and the 18650's for outdoors (because I don't want to carry a spare battery on a long walk).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    (because I don't want to carry a spare battery on a long walk).
    Either you're walking too far or too brightly! Or maybe you're not carrying enough flashlights. Bring it down to 144Lm and walk less than 2 hours and 48 minutes, or down to 40Lm and walk less than 9 hours and 36 minutes.

But definitely don't give up the 18650 stuff... not what I meant.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by chillinn View Post
    Either you're walking too far or too brightly! Or maybe you're not carrying enough flashlights. Bring it down to 144Lm and walk less than 2 hours and 48 minutes, or down to 40Lm and walk less than 9 hours and 36 minutes.
    Well, I use regular Eneloops, so cut that time down by 25%. But, yeah, I know that a single AA is good enough for many hours at my usual brightness (which is about 25-50 lumens). However, I also like to pump it up to max and check out things in the distance. Mainly for fun. But a few minutes of that, and the SC5w seriously begins to deplete a AA cell. I just don't want to have to limit myself. 18650 gives me plenty of run-time at whatever output I want.

I use my SC52's and SC5w indoors, mainly as room lighting. At about 100 lumens, they'll last about 3 hours on an Eneloop, which is enough time to watch a movie. TV is much better with ceiling-bounced dim-ish light.

Banned

I also like to pump it up to max and check out things in the distance.
    I probably knew that, but it is nice to chat sometimes.

I use my SC52's and SC5w indoors, mainly as room lighting.
    I thought I was the only one that did this. Installed lighting is nice, but you could not call it "fun." Besides the ceiling lights in this rental, I only have one actual lamp. For the last few years, I was using a couple 2xAA Outsoorsman with z68s and Elite heads. Since the SC5c II arrived last week, it has been just that. Zebralight makes a fantastic room lamp. And then when I have to move, it is effortless to get flashlights to the new place. My folks had a lot of lamps, and we moved a lot. When you carry a porcelain lamp, you can't carry anything else, so it is a lot of trips from the house to the truck, then from the truck to the new house.
    Last edited by chillinn; 08-27-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast