ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 52 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

With all the zebralight flashlight threads new and old floating around I thought I would make a "Official" thread about these mighty fine lights with all your questions and comments HERE

Ill start with my fairly newly purchased SC600 II L2 : two words, LOVE IT !
    Zebralight SC600 mkII L2 , Streamlight ProTac HL , ET D25AAA Nichia.

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

I'll bite. I've owned every Zebralight made in most of their variations in the last 5 years except the s6330.

What's still with me? My SC62w rides with me in my pocket at all times, my H600w is my go to headlamp for most things except shorter night runs as my H52w and H32w have that covered. I also have older h5xw variants stashed in most places I may find useful... truck, night stand, tool box etc.

Love my Zebras.

Flashaholic

I have so many flashlights… and all I really need is an SC62 and H600F.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBruin View Post
    I'll bite. I've owned every Zebralight made in most of their variations in the last 5 years except the s6330.

What's still with me? My SC62w rides with me in my pocket at all times, my H600w is my go to headlamp for most things except shorter night runs as my H52w and H32w have that covered. I also have older h5xw variants stashed in most places I may find useful... truck, night stand, tool box etc.

Love my Zebras.
    now I just need to figure out which Zebra I want next .

Enlightened

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

I just got a H52w. LOVE IT! (Present from the gf makes it extra special, and the light rocks, but you know that.)
    Also have an H51w, SC52, and H600w.

I love my zebras.

From the moment I first got my hands on my SC52D (daylight,) SC600W (warm,) and H502R (red floody headlamp,) I realized that I basically obsoleted most of my EDC options in one whack. There's about 30-40 lights in a junk box now because of one purchase order.

Love these things. I like how I can hide turbo mode. I love how the low modes go so low you start thinking "whoa, better turn that back up so I can see." Programming, slick build quality, great finish, I could go on but I know for certain I preach to the choir.

Last power outage, it was these three lights. Oh I had MORE lights, they just didn't get used.

I love Zebras. I've got two on me right now.
    Last edited by more_vampires; 01-07-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo in model number

Flashaholic

I just wonder, if there somebody who has only zebralights?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanko View Post
    I'm getting there! At the max I had about 20 nice lights. Now I have 6 Zebralights and 6 others worth mentioning (2xL10, 2xPD32UE, EA4w and S200C2); sold everything else.

Like I've said before, I always thought Zebralights were ugly, but I just couldn't get past the perfect UI (at least for me), wide range of output, size, and efficiency. They're really all I need, but I'm keeping my other lights for specific uses. But if ZL ever makes a thrower...things will get interesting!
    GOOD TINT!

+1 on them coming out with a Thrower ..

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    But if ZL ever makes a thrower...things will get interesting!
    me too, everybody needs a thrower and zl needs to get with the program

Enlightened

Smile Is there somebody with only Zebralights?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanko View Post
    That would be me!

I love cave exploring, night cycling, and night sailing. Yeah, I hear ya, am I some kind of nocturnal nut? Yes, these activities involve the need and appreciation for good flashlights.

And Zebralights are most impressive. Over the years I have purchased more than 5 models and they just keep improving them! I started out purchasing some AA lights.
    The latest, the Zebralight SC5, puts out 535 lumens, is super compact, nice user interface, and built solidly. So I got rid of all the other AA lights. They're history!

Then I got a focused beam headlight...and Zebralight makes the best UI, the most compact, and the brightest headlights, period!

For cycling I got a SC600 and was wowed by 750 L, perfect beam, waterproof, compact size, and high efficiency. What could beat that? The SC 62! It is the most compact(less than 4" long!)
    18650 battery light, puts a 1000 L perfect beam on the pavement, will burn for 2.5 hours at 620 L, and, having a spare rechargeable battery, I always have light! I even have a
    6 watt solar panel on the back of my bike when touring that charges the 18650 battery during the day so I always have light at night when camping. Zebralights are ultracompact,
    built seamlessly, perform to specs, and have such a large range of brightness and burn times, there's no reason to be stuck in the dark. For some years I purchased a lot of Fenix and other brand
    flashlights. But you know what? My Zebralight SC62 is SO perfect for my needs, a marvel of brightness, size, and convenience, that I need no other flashlight! A small strip of 1" elastic
    and velcro allows me to mount it on top of a vent hole in my bike helmet for the best and lightest bike light for the money. And it fits into any pocket! Unlike bike headlights with self-contained batteries, I can simply
    pop in a spare 18650 battery whenever and wherever I need light.

Okay, confession, I DO have a second flashlight...a Blackwater Kite Ti that fits on my keychain, puts out 140 lumens, is a miniscule 1.7" long, and has a built-in micro USB charging port. Holy Candlepower!

Denny Francisco djf848@gmail.com
    Last edited by Denny Francisco; 04-27-2016 at 11:03 PM.
    SF E2e, Streamlight Scorpion, UK 4AA, PT Eos, BD Zenix IQ, Fenix LD10, Fenix P1, Fenix P1-CE, NiteCore Mini AA, Zebralight H51, Zebralight SC600,

In a reasonably warm environment, on a headstrap, with a fresh battery, on full high with the SC62d, it can get hot but I do not know how hot because I have not let it do that for long. I am guessing it will taper off before significant damage is done and of course not be as hot as the XML2 versions. The second highest high will suffice for most needs and seems to be able to be used for extended time periods.

Edit: I remember now that I did run full-on for sustained periods indoors. The light got hot but not too hot to hold onto. (I was hoping to eliminate low level flickering when left on in highest high)
    Last edited by KITROBASKIN; 01-08-2015 at 11:43 AM.

How do y'all like the neutral tint emmiters ? I've read it's a tint lottery .

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by C.M.S View Post
    I had good luck on the SC52w-L2, but I read lots of complaints about the tint of the original version (SC52w).

XM-L2's don't have the perfectly consistent tint of a Nichia 219 across the whole beam, but if you don't expect perfection, the extra brightness and efficiency makes sense on the Zebralights.

Yes, a lotto that would rival winning a $500 million Powerball! OK, not that bad. But I've had everything from greenish, yellow...as in YELLOW like an actual yellow bug bulb, one near a Nicha 219B and another almost cool white like 5000K.

My SC62w is good, but not great (a bit too yellow). My SC600w is pretty amazing and almost cool. Even though I hate cool whites, this one is great. Right around 5000K without the bluish tint so you get the best of both worlds. My SC52w is close to a Nichia 219B which is perfect.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic

Yes, I lost that lottery with my SC600. Won with an Armytek, lost with a Zebralight. Oh well, my eyes prefer the tint from a Nichia 219 or Luxeon anyway.

My SC600 L2 is the cool white version and I like it , wanted to try a "W" for my next but I hate yellow tint . But then again the H600 is on my to get list for outdoors and I'm thinking a neutral tint will be more pleasing ..

Quote Originally Posted by Charles L. View Post
    Yes, I lost that lottery with my SC600. Won with an Armytek, lost with a Zebralight. Oh well, my eyes prefer the tint from a Nichia 219 or Luxeon anyway.
    Anything IS possible, but the only way my SC62d's would not be my most used lights is if ZL sold us an SC62n, with a Nichia 219b 5000K...

I have a sc52 and sc600II and then I got a sc62. I sold the sc52 I think my sc600 II will never be used again. The sc62 is like the other two rolled into one.

Where can the zebralight s6330 be found?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

This seems to be the new programmable UI .. very nice.
    We get the current L/M/H mode groups + two new seperate L/M/H mode groups where any of the modes can have any available brightness level. Plenty of choice for everyone.

• Multiple UI Groups
      • This light comes with three UI groups, G5, G6 and G7. The G5, set as the factory default, can be selected with 5-click from OFF, while G6 and G7 can be selected with 6-click and 7-click from OFF respectively. UI group selections are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
      • In all three UI groups
        • H can be either H1 or H2; M can be either M1 or M2; L can be either L1 or L2
        • from OFF: 1-click to H; 2-click to M; press and hold to cycle from L, M to H

• In G5
        • H1 is fixed at 475Lm, H2 can be 352, 236, or 144Lm
        • M1 is fixed at 79Lm, M2 can be 40, 18, or 7.4Lm
        • L1 is fixed at 2.8Lm, L2 can be 1.0, 0.28 or 0.08Lm

• In G6 and G7
        • H1, H2, M1, M2, L1 and L2 can be programmed to any of the 12 available brightness levels
        • Double-click 6 times at the H1, H2, ... L2 to enter the programming mode for that level. Once in the programming mode, use double-click to go up one level and triple-click to go down one level. Use 1-click to exit the programming mode

• Three consecutive 5-click (or 6-click, 7-click) to reset the G5 (or G6, G7) back to the factory default settings

Source: http://www.zebralight.com/SC5c-Mk-II...CRI_p_192.html (bottom)
    Last edited by Connor; 04-05-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Sweet! Not perfect but pretty dang good compared to the current UI.
    I'd prefer 3 programmable levels in at least the H group and preferably in the M group as well.

For the 18650 models, though, this still doesn't satisfy some users' preference to have ready access to max and 2 other very useful H2 levels.

Wonder if ZL allows only 2 because it's an AA light, but will offer 3 for 18650 lights. That would be perfect.
    Last edited by scs; 04-05-2017 at 06:13 PM.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

I'm just excited that I can make it turn on to medium and double-click for high. My only complaint with the UI on my SC52 is that getting to medium, which is the one I use most frequently, without flashing high first is a bit slow.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    I'm just excited that I can make it turn on to medium and double-click for high. My only complaint with the UI on my SC52 is that getting to medium, which is the one I use most frequently, without flashing high first is a bit slow.
    In all three UI groups

Looks like it's still double click for medium. This might change for future ZL offerings though.

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    Sweet! Not perfect but pretty dang good compared to the current UI.
    I like it!!! I don't find it very useful on this SC5c since the modes are spaced well and runtimes are short enough as is on high. But this will be nice on a SC63 type light where you may want to use two lower H levels instead H1 all the time, which I rarely do.

Now I'm going to feel the need to replace all my ZLs with new versions!!
    Last edited by markr6; 04-06-2017 at 06:19 AM.
    GOOD TINT!

I think the only thing I'll probably do with this new UI will be making G6 to medium/high/low: single click from off to low, long press from off to medium, double click from off to high, all levels the same as G5.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    This seems to be the new programmable UI .. very nice.
    We get the current L/M/H mode groups + two new seperate L/M/H mode groups where any of the modes can have any available brightness level. Plenty of choice for everyone.

• Multiple UI Groups
      • This light comes with three UI groups, G5, G6 and G7. The G5, set as the factory default, can be selected with 5-click from OFF, while G6 and G7 can be selected with 6-click and 7-click from OFF respectively. UI group selections are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
      • In all three UI groups

• In G5
        • H1 is fixed at 475Lm, H2 can be 352, 236, or 144Lm
        • M1 is fixed at 79Lm, M2 can be 40, 18, or 7.4Lm
        • L1 is fixed at 2.8Lm, L2 can be 1.0, 0.28 or 0.08Lm

• In G6 and G7
        • H1, H2, M1, M2, L1 and L2 can be programmed to any of the 12 available brightness levels
        • Double-click 6 times at the H1, H2, ... L2 to enter the programming mode for that level. Once in the programming mode, use double-click to go up one level and triple-click to go down one level. Use 1-click to exit the programming mode

• Three consecutive 5-click (or 6-click, 7-click) to reset the G5 (or G6, G7) back to the factory default settings

Source: http://www.zebralight.com/SC5c-Mk-II...CRI_p_192.html (bottom)
    These 3 youtube videos have some useful information on how to program a Zebralight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGJtcaa8W0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4lsPK7P_4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWgPXqDoV7k

I currently have a SC52 SC600 L2 and SC62w. My favourite by far is the 62w because the tint is just so damn nice and the form factor is very compact. I usually only EDC in my coin pocket so it doesn't get EDC time like my smaller lights.

I had an SC62d which I sold because of the poor output for an 18650. The 62w is just way better and just as good tiny in my opinion.

I've been thinking about a headlamp but can't decide which to get. Thinking a AA model might be the best balance between weight and runtime. But I'm really stuck on whether to get flood, wide or not. I don't have a specific application for the use so want something that would be general purpose. Usually I'm using the headlamps indoors though working around the house.

Can the zebralight s6330 be found anywhere? Are they coming out with a new one?

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Quote Originally Posted by oneinthaair View Post
    Can the zebralight s6330 be found anywhere? Are they coming out with a new one?

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums
    It's discontinued, but ZL told me in 2014 their were planning on a XM-L2 version.
    Mostly reading.

Page 1 of 52 123456781151 ... LastLast