NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818485868788899091
Results 2,701 to 2,711 of 2711

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    The mk4 programable UI is a nice upgrade, but if you have older Zebralights and new ones like me, you might find it confusing to have the order of low medium high different from one light to another. Simpler to keep them all with the same UI, which defaults to MK3 and older lights.
    Yes, I need to keep the UI going from low to high, so I don't get confused with my older zebras. However, I still find the new UI very useful. I generally create two groups: one for indoors and one for outdoors. Indoors has lots of low modes. Outdoors has a larger range, and double-clicks from any level goes to max. So, things are still low-to-high, but I can customize the levels and behavior according to my needs at the time.

The newest lights appear to be overstating the lumen output, as I recall people measuring the lumens to be closer to 1100 and not 1400. Not sure you will have many benefits upgrading to the mk4 of the same model.
    It's the "HI" version that overstates their output. Zebralight just copied the specs from the regular versions to the "HI" versions, but forgot that the XHP35 HI emitter has lower output than the regular domed XHP35. So, yes, the output of the SC600w IV HI and the SC64w HI is about 1100 lumens. The regular lights is higher.

Flashaholic

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about the three mode groups. I usually program one of them in muggle mode so if I lend the light the user can't reach the highest setting. You can def get creative in each group to suit your specific needs.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Thank you all for the answers.
    I decided to try anyway and one SC600w MKIV is already on its way (It was shipped only 5 hours after purchase !!)
    My old SC600w II L2 is a good light I hope that even the most recent version is like the previous one.

I'd also like to try SC600w HI but after the SC600w MKIV I want to try the SC64w, it is since the SC62 model came out that I want to buy this model but then I always refer the purchase!
    If I still wait, I risk seeing the SC65 exit

I read in another thread that the SC600w HI has 26500 lux.
    This value seems very high to me, I wonder if anyone has ever measured the lux of the standard SC600w (MKIV), they are probably half of it?

Iíve just bought a brand new H32Fw to complete my collection!
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
    I read in another thread that the SC600w HI has 26500 lux.
    This value seems very high to me, I wonder if anyone has ever measured the lux of the standard SC600w (MKIV), they are probably half of it?
    IIRC, I think I measured it to be close to 20,000 lux. I don't think it's anywhere near 26500, but I could be wrong. It is much more throwy than other zebras, impressively so for such a small light.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    IIRC, I think I measured it to be close to 20,000 lux. I don't think it's anywhere near 26500, but I could be wrong. It is much more throwy than other zebras, impressively so for such a small light.
    Yes, i agree
    Even if they were 20000 (HI version) they are still many for a small light.

In the past, Selfbuilt has measured 10,600 lux for old SC600 II L2
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...EAMSHOTS-VIDEO

I suppose the new version XHP35 could also have 13000/14000 lux

Iíve read that the SC600w IV HI is 16363 lux.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

Flashaholic

https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampprojec...mq331AQCKAE%3D

Just under 18,000 cd of throw. I too find it quite impressive for it's size.

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampprojec...mq331AQCKAE%3D

Just under 18,000 cd of throw. I too find it quite impressive for it's size.

Thank you for the link.
    It is impressive, especially considering that it refers to MKIII

The SC600w MKIV arrived in Italy in just 8 days ! (with standard shipping) -
    The copy I received is perfect, good switch, good aesthetic finish, led centered and good threading.

Unfortunately the big disappointment is the tint color, I don't like it, my old SC600w II L2 is much better.
    One thing that struck me right away is that the spot looks slightly larger this in comparison to SC600w II L2 (XM-L2) even though from the specifications it should be the same (10 degree hot spot)
    For the moment I have tried only at home in a room with closed windows but I can say that the difference on the turbo is very evident, I am disappointed by the tint and I am thinking of returning it even if shipping to China with tracking will be very expensive.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Stefano; Yesterday at 04:58 AM. Reason: add image

After some tests with the luxmeter I can say that between the old version SC6002 II L2 and the new SC600w MKIV there are approximately 2500 lux of difference.
    I think the SC600w MKIV emits approximately 12500/13000 lux

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818485868788899091