HDS Systems        
Page 112 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119122 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 3735

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Regardless, you guys got me! Just purchased the H600Fc to future-proof myself. It will be my goto light if I like it and my H600w II will be a backup.

The new stuff sounds cool...that Q50 though!
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic

Why the jump from H600w II to H600Fc IV if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Regardless, you guys got me! Just purchased the H600Fc to future-proof myself. It will be my goto light if I like it and my H600w II will be a backup.

The new stuff sounds cool...that Q50 though!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Why the jump from H600w II to H600Fc IV if I may ask?
    While I've had zero issues with it since 2013 and it gets used a lot, I figured I would get another just in case they in fact do close up shop. Plus the high CRI will be a nice upgrade. I use it a lot backpacking at night so I went with the 4000K. Not that there is anything wrong with my old one; it has a very nice tint. So often in life, when I realize I like something so much to get another, it's already too late and they changed something or discontinued it altogether.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

If ZL was going out of business wouldn't all flashlight sales sold "as is" nomo company, no warranty ?

Flashaholic

Makes sense, Thanks!!!

While I've had zero issues with it since 2013 and it gets used a lot, I figured I would get another just in case they in fact do close up shop. Plus the high CRI will be a nice upgrade. I use it a lot backpacking at night so I went with the 4000K. Not that there is anything wrong with my old one; it has a very nice tint. So often in life, when I realize I like something so much to get another, it's already too late and they changed something or discontinued it altogether.

Flashaholic*

I bought that model a year ago. Great light! The tint is great, high CRI is a good bonus, and there's no green or tint-shift (probably due to the frosted lens). I use it almost every day. It's not much good except for close-up, so you definitely want a regular flashlight as well if you're on a walk. But, good for seeing really well out to maybe 10 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    If ZL was going out of business wouldn't all flashlight sales sold "as is" nomo company, no warranty ?
    Why would they? They can sell anything they want with a lifetime warranty if they choose to, because once they're out of business they don't have to honor it anymore.

Flashaholic*

Good point WTL.. I was hoping for some ZL TX house sales deals across their site..
    So far I see nothing I can't live without

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    OH NO!!!! I just pulled them up on google maps and saw both locations in Irving, TX show up as permanently closed. I hope they are at least planning on keeping their China operations going. Iíll ask them on their website and see what comes up. Iíll report back if they answer.
    No more warehouse in Texas? Has the inventory been relocated to the personal garages of the company owners?
    Perhaps the Chinese company that manufactures the ZL flashlights can take over the entire ZL business.

WalkIntoTheLight, all REALLY good points. I work for a Fortune 500 company. Even though Iím medium level, I bet Iíd still be among the last to find out we were going out of business. So, itís likely a customer service rep for ZL would be among the last to find out for sure. Man I hope weíre wrong about our suspicions here.

I sure hope they are OK. For me there are no clear candidates to "replace" ZL. They just seem to embody the perfect mix of cutting edge drivers/efficiency/UI/build quality all at a decent price. I think Fenix has a similar build quality and comparable efficiency but their UI and lack of choice on color temp (all they do is cool white) is several notches below what we enjoy with ZL.

Enlightened

I see they did add the A6 to their spreadsheet: "entry level, uni-body, black anodizing, TIR, ..." TIR is a little interesting.

Mostly it seems a step down from the current lights (lower CRI, fewer modes, lower max, higher min, . . .). I guess that is what they mean by "entry level".

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU View Post
    I still periodically fall back on my h600fc as my light that I carry for the day once it gets colder out. I wear a lot of flannels and heavier shirts with chest pockets and have grown to love clipping a right angle light to my pocket to still have hands free use when I'm just doing quick tasks. As much as I love my sc64c LE and my new found love for malkoff's....I still end up with the h600fc in my pocket once the fall/winter hits.
    Do any of these flannels have a quilted lining? Mine died within months of each other and I havenít found a replacement yet

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program...
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

I saw on the website theyíre only selling in USA as of January
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    No more warehouse in Texas? Has the inventory been relocated to the personal garages of the company owners?
    Perhaps the Chinese company that manufactures the ZL flashlights can take over the entire ZL business.
    Thereís a misconception around the Internet forums, that Zebralight is an American company with a third party production in China. The truth is Zebralight is a 100% Chinese company, the owner is Chinese and lives in China. I have been in China many times and used to buy factory direct, and I have a contact inside. They confirmed me this information. But it changes nothing about how much we like Zebralight.

Iíll try to find out whatís going on about this January 01 US customers sales only, and Iíll report back if I have an answer.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

Iíve just talked to my factory contact and I was told that Zebralight is NOT going out of business.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by brightasday View Post
    I see they did add the A6 to their spreadsheet: "entry level, uni-body, black anodizing, TIR, ..." TIR is a little interesting.

Mostly it seems a step down from the current lights (lower CRI, fewer modes, lower max, higher min, . . .). I guess that is what they mean by "entry level".
    Yeah, I never understood why they would try to get into a lower-end market while still trying to sell it at a fairly high price. Doesn't seem like a good strategy. My bet is that they already did the design and manufacturing of the A6 some time ago, and now they want to sell off the supply.

From what I have gathered on-line, Zebralight is a Chinese company owned by two family members, with all design and manufacturing done in China. They (used to) have a US warehouse and company registered in Texas, with just a handful (or less) employees. I'd guess the owners have got into another business, and are winding down the flashlight operations. It looks like they've been doing that for at least a year, with perhaps the exception of the A6 (which is something they planned a long time ago).

Or, I could be totally wrong, and they are just selling off old models before introducing a brand-new line-up of lights in the new year. Doesn't explain them closing up shop in the US, while only selling to the US in the new year. That is more easily explained by selling off remaining inventory. Though, I'm still not sure why they wouldn't sell world-wide, since they already know how to do that. For me, that's the most perplexing part.

Zebralight was always a niche company. Maybe they've saturated their market niche, and are just not seeing any growth opportunities. 5 years ago, there were a lot less budget flashlight options. Now, you can get a kick-ass light for half the price of a Zebralight. That's tough to compete against. The budget offerings aren't as nice as zebralights, but the vast majority of potential customers don't care.

These are my favorite lights to...give as gifts.
    Same here. Better than average products and priced where f&f won't drop a sneer when they look up the cost.

If nothing else, ZL has gotten more PR over the last 48-hours than they have all year. Maybe that's part of the problem, if there is one.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LED View Post
    Iíve just talked to my factory contact and I was told that Zebralight is NOT going out of business.
    Good news I guess but at this point I'll reserve judgement until they actually announce and sell new models .. it really has been a bit too long for a company in a rather quickly evolving market.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Regardless, you guys got me!
    Same here! Just snagged a couple of lights too. (64w HI & 600w IV Plus). It's been a while since I've upgraded (and been a while since I've posted here). I was bored and coincidentally curious if there was any chatter here with what Zebralight has been up to. Regardless of the truth, I'm excited about my forthcoming lights.

(Dang it, should have ordered the H600Fd IV -that's now back ordered too as of this morning!)

Got me too. Just ordered an H503w. Should be a good upgrade in terms of output/efficiency vs. my H502 with the Philips LED. I almost ordered an SC64w HI as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Good news I guess but at this point I'll reserve judgement until they actually announce and sell new models .. it really has been a bit too long for a company in a rather quickly evolving market.
    Letís hope so. Zebralight is always slow to release new stuff and after the COVID crisis hit, Iím just happy they stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolg View Post
    Why is not Zebralight SC5w Mk II on your list? (why do you prefer SC53w?)
    Hey Gnolg,
    After I posted my reply to you regarding my preference for the SC53w over the SC5w, I began to think on which zebralights I ought to get in case ZL is going out of business. I hadnít looked at the SC5w in a LONG TIME, but after I replied to your post, I noticed something I had never noticed before - the SC5w is a good bit more throwy (80*spill & 10*hotspot) than the SC53w (80*spill & 12*hotspot.) By those numbers the SC5w is around 20% more throwy! This is good news for me. I have been wishing for quite some time that ZL would come out with a ďHIĒ version for the AA lights. Zebralight told me a couple of years ago that they had no plans to make a ďHIĒ AA light. Well, over these recent years I never noticed that the SC5w has a smaller hotspot than my other favorite SC64w HI (which has a beam pattern 80* spill & 11*spot.)

Why this matters to me: Our Scout Troop has 3 backpacking trips a year where we leave on Fridays after school and hike 20+- miles through Sunday. We hike into the night on Fridays, so we can more comfortably cover the distance those next 2 days (plus I love night hiking and Iím the Scoutmaster organizing these trips - with usually 20-30 of us hiking.) I like for my headlight to be more floody than throwy, and I like for my flashlight to be more throwy than floody. For cold weather trips (like our January backpacking trips) I prefer to use AA lights so I can use lithium primary batteries (which survive the cold MUCH better than all other chemistries.) But, I havenít had a good throwy AA zebralight option I could use. I am just now noticing that I can get a more throwy AA Zebralight with the SC5w!!

Conclusion: I ordered 2 of them yesterday!!! Thanks for asking your question. It hopefully is leading me to a new favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    If nothing else, ZL has gotten more PR over the last 48-hours than they have all year. Maybe that's part of the problem, if there is one.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    It certainly doesn't help. Almost everyone that has used my zebralights have never heard of them, and almost all of them have gone out and bought one afterwards. Getting the word out a little more would definitely help sales....it's just whether or not the production could keep up.

Flashaholic*

They're killing me with all these neutral H600F models.
    H600Fw XHP35 4500k
    H600Fc XHP50.2 4000k
    H600Fd XHP50.2 5000k

Ok, they're all Floody, all cost the same, the difference in output between versions isn't enough to make a practical difference, and the overall tint's more of a factor to me than the 80+ vs. 93-95 CRI.

I don't need a breakdown on temps, just am not familiar with the idiosyncrasies of these LEDs(I'm almost a decade behind on emitters!), so:
    -Do any of them have a tendency to lean toward green?
    -What about the beam profile? More punch on the XHP35, more peripheral light with the 50.2s, or can you really tell much difference with the frosted lens?
    Thanks!

Flashaholic*

After I posted my reply to you regarding my preference for the SC53w over the SC5w, I began to think on which zebralights I ought to get in case ZL is going out of business. I hadnít looked at the SC5w in a LONG TIME, but after I replied to your post, I noticed something I had never noticed before - the SC5w is a good bit more throwy (80*spill & 10*hotspot) than the SC53w (80*spill & 12*hotspot.) By those numbers the SC5w is around 20% more throwy! This is good news for me. I have been wishing for quite some time that ZL would come out with a ďHIĒ version for the AA lights. Zebralight told me a couple of years ago that they had no plans to make a ďHIĒ AA light. Well, over these recent years I never noticed that the SC5w has a smaller hotspot than my other favorite SC64w HI (which has a beam pattern 80* spill & 11*spot.)
    Yes, the SC5w is a moderately throwy light. Too throwy for indoor use, IMO. But it's not bad outdoors, certainly when compared to other 1xAA lights.

I really like it as a night-light, ceiling-bounced. The lowest moonlight mode is perfect for middle-of-the-night. Or, second lowest moonlight if your house isn't pitch dark. It has a wide flat base, so it tail-stands really easily on any flatish surface.

The only downside is that getting max output is sometimes difficult, unless you're using new Eneloops (preferably Pros). I just set H2 to the second-highest level, and that's reliable. Not too big a deal, since max output (on a new regular Eneloop) only lasts a little over 20 minutes (if you keep boosting it up every 3 minutes, which is the timed step-down). So, it's not an output you'll use much. Still, be aware that 500 lumens is borderline.

Thanks WITL!

I just found some bad news. If you look at ZLís spreadsheet under ďdiscontinued products,Ē youíll see the SC5c and the SC5w are both on that list. Looks like ZL is about to retire two more key lights.

Flashaholic*

Thanks WITL!

I just found some bad news. If you look at ZLís spreadsheet under ďdiscontinued products,Ē youíll see the SC5c and the SC5w are both on that list. Looks like ZL is about to retire two more key lights.
    Heh, well it sounds like the only one that won't be on the discontinued list next year is the A6 (and nobody will want that one).

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    They're killing me with all these neutral H600F models.
    H600Fw XHP35 4500k
    H600Fc XHP50.2 4000k
    H600Fd XHP50.2 5000k
    I don't need a breakdown on temps, just am not familiar with the idiosyncrasies of these LEDs(I'm almost a decade behind on emitters!), so:
    -Do any of them have a tendency to lean toward green?
    -What about the beam profile? More punch on the XHP35, more peripheral light with the 50.2s, or can you really tell much difference with the frosted lens?
    Thanks!
    I have bought several ďwĒ and ďdĒ Zebralights this year and have not seen any green in my lights.

I donít know the answer to your other question as I only have frosted lenses riding on my XHP35 and XP-L2 frosted lights. Regarding the XHP35 LED with a frosted lense, it does have a bit of throw even though the lense is frosted. Itís definitely not like a bare LED like like you see in the a H503 or H603 or the like. My frosted lenses on my H53Fw and H600Fw are awesome. Both have a broad flood that is brightest in the center and the light spreads out getting a bit dimmer as it spreads out to the edges. I bet the XHP50.2 would have a more broad and even spread of the light, but prolly only a little bit (again, Iím guessing.) Hopefully someone else will weigh in for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Heh, well it sounds like the only one that won't be on the discontinued list next year is the A6 (and nobody will want that one).
    Agreed!

Page 112 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119122 ... LastLast