Imalent        
Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125128 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 3874

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

I have a regular Sc700d and itís plenty floody... not sure what youíd gain with the Fd.

I have the non floody SC700 and it can flood my entire yard. It has 2 rings on the outer edges of the beam. If you wanted to perfectly flood your yard with no rings in the beam I guess the floody version is the one to buy.
    Iím happy with the non floody version I have.
    Kata Ton Δaimona Eaytoy

Flashaholic

I consider myself very picky with beam quality and tint shift. Having used the xhp70 in a reflector in other lights, I found the tint shift very bothersome especially indoors. In practical use, it's fine, but it bothered me and ended up adding diffusion (DC Fix) to make for an even tinted beam. There's also something beautiful about a hot spot that blends smoothly into the spill. I just acquired the sc700fd, and the beam is beautiful because of the very lightly frosted lens. It does sacrifice some throw, but you aren't buying the sc700d or fd for throw anyways. If you aren't sure, safer bet is to get the clear lens version, and add DC Fix to the lens if you want to clean up the tint shift.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by likethevegetable View Post
    ^ I bought a roll of DC-Fix from Home Depot, cut out a few inches then returned it. I'm going to hell haha
    I got one better...

Iíll go buy the tool I need for a job, and return it when Iím done.

Flashaholic*

Gosh, I think they sold out of just about everything overnight.
    The models I had an interest in, anyway, including 2 I just gave someone links to yesterday.
    You can put a "Back Order" item in your cart, but not one that's "Out of Stock"

The ones "back ordered" are they still shipping out quick?
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Gosh, I think they sold out of just about everything overnight.
    The models I had an interest in, anyway, including 2 I just gave someone links to yesterday.
    You can put a "Back Order" item in your cart, but not one that's "Out of Stock"
    Thatís how i placed an order 2 days ago. Last chance to get them while shipping to EU still available. EU stores wonít have them any time soon.

Sent from Tapatalk

Flashaholic*

Their website is no longer secure. If I try to use https, it goes to their host 3dcartstores and says the page is no longer active. Be cautious about using Zebralight's website... something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Of the two SC700 offerings remaining on the website, how do they differ in real world usage?
    i have the sc700d and would not want it any more floody.
    it's not the light for you if you're a tint snob though.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    I got one better...

Iíll go buy the tool I need for a job, and return it when Iím done.

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    So you stole 20 bucks and bragged about it on a flashlight forum. Congratulations.
    +1. Shows great character.
    ​"What do you carry a flashlight for?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    chillinn.... Time to take some more time off. Not even going to give a warning this time. You already know. See you after Christmas.
    Sorry, I'm late to this discussion, but what exactly did that guy say to get banned? Is there something that you can quote? I'm only asking because I agreed with many of the points/counterpoints he addressed/made, and wish not to be banned. Maybe I missed something?
    (DM/PM me if this is not the suitable place to respond.)

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Sorry, I'm late to this discussion, but what exactly did that guy say to get banned? Is there something that you can quote? I'm only asking because I agreed with many of the points/counterpoints he addressed/made, and wish not to be banned. Maybe I missed something?
    I agree, thought he added needed balance to the discussion. A 'ban' seemed pretty hasty.

Flashaholic

SMH... says a bunch about your character. Hope you're proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    So you stole 20 bucks and bragged about it on a flashlight forum. Congratulations.
    Guys, me admitting to my shiesty antics is not bragging about it, I'm definitely ashamed, haha. Am I going to lose sleep over borrowing a fews cents worth of adhesive plastic from a multi-billion dollar corporation (that othwise would have costed 1/5 of my ZebraLight)? Heck no. But would I purchase something of more substantial value, abuse it, and return it to a small company that is owned by hard-working people more like me? Definitely not.

It's easy to be sanctimonious over the internet. I'm sure you guys have done a few greasy things in your days.
    Last edited by likethevegetable; 12-15-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Flashaholic

No more terrible than those that would purchase multiple lights of the same model, pick the best tint of the bunch, then return the rest...

He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone.

I find no fault here!!!

Cheers, Jim

Flashaholic*

Guys, me admitting to my shiesty antics is not bragging about it, I'm definitely ashamed, haha. Am I going to lose sleep over borrowing a fews cents worth of adhesive plastic from a multi-billion dollar corporation (that othwise would have costed 1/5 of my ZebraLight)? Heck no. But would I purchase something of more substantial value, abuse it, and return it to a small company that is owned by hard-working people more like me? Definitely not.

It's easy to be sanctimonious over the internet. I'm sure you guys have done a few greasy things in your days.
    You're not screwing Home Depot. You're screwing the next guy that buys the roll of DC-Fix, after Home Depot puts it back on the shelf.

And, in any case, it's still not okay to steal from HD.

So much to say, but it's just not worth it.
    Last edited by this_is_nascar; 12-15-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

It would be nice if we could move on and get back to talking ZL.

The person who pays their hard-earned money to buy that returned roll is the one who has to deal with your actions, not the multi-billion-dollar corporation that you have decided it's OK to steal from. If you try hard enough, you can justify stealing anything from anyone...

And no; I'm no angel, but that doesn't mean I can't find issue with your ethics.

Still enjoying my H600w MkII and trying to be an honest person,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    It would be nice if we could move on and get back to talking ZL.
    I agree. I was on the fence about the SC700d, but I really don't want to introduce yet another battery platform.

Quote Originally Posted by desmobob View Post
    The person who pays their hard-earned money to buy that returned roll is the one who has to deal with your actions, not the multi-billion-dollar corporation that you have decided it's OK to steal from. If you try hard enough, you can justify stealing anything from anyone...

And no; I'm no angel, but that doesn't mean I can't find issue with your ethics.

Still enjoying my H600w MkII and trying to be an honest person,
    Bob
    Nicely said.

I agree. I was on the fence about the SC700d, but I really don't want to introduce yet another battery platform.

The green tint has me from pulling the trigger.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    The green tint has me from pulling the trigger.
    The green tint is not nearly as bad as XP-L2 high cri ZLs. If you add a Lee Zircon minus green filter, will remove any green. I added a Lee Zircon minus green to my sc64c LE and beam is perfect now.

I have even used stronger Lee filters on the XP-L2 to make the beam rosy, but at a bigger sacrifice on output.

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MB320 View Post
    I agree, thought he added needed balance to the discussion. A 'ban' seemed pretty hasty.
    Rule #4

Nothing more to see here. Move along.

How about those Zebralights, eh?

Enlightened

Strange... Moving along indeed.

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but why did Zebralight stop supporting the use of 14500s in the AA lights? Once I discovered AA lights that could use a 14500 (I love my Tool AAs and EagTac D25A MkII), I started thinking about picking up another Zebralight headlamp in AA size. Then I found out they didn't support the 14500 and the desire to purchase one kind of waned.

I know it's not really a big deal, but it did make the difference in my deciding to pass on another one headlamp from Zebralight.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by desmobob View Post
    I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but why did Zebralight stop supporting the use of 14500s in the AA lights? Once I discovered AA lights that could use a 14500 (I love my Tool AAs and EagTac D25A MkII), I started thinking about picking up another Zebralight headlamp in AA size. Then I found out they didn't support the 14500 and the desire to purchase one kind of waned.

I know it's not really a big deal, but it did make the difference in my deciding to pass on another one headlamp from Zebralight.
    Probably they just started using a different driver, and it didn't support dual-chemistry. I'm sure that Zebralight doesn't design their own drivers, they just use off-the-shelf components. Basically, the NiMH-only driver got close-enough to the output of the dual driver, so they figured it didn't add all that much value anymore. At the time, lithium-ion 14500 cells didn't have any more energy than an Eneloop, so run-time wasn't a concern.

Flashaholic

Post Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

I thought maybe supporting the two chemistries, therefore voltage ranges, required more logic, and the updated UI consumed more memory? But then again, memory is cheap nowadays. I would wager that WalkIntoTheLight is probably correct, and perhaps they updated their choice in driver and they didn't feel like the extra work was worth it. Then again, ZL likes to put in the design work it seems (I would argue that a PID controller is overkill and PI would be simpler and just as a effective, and likely would have saved them the oscillation issues some of the Mk IVs got)
    Last edited by likethevegetable; 12-15-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Flashaholic

WoW, Nkon only has 1 ZL left in stock...

bummer

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    WoW, Nkon only has 1 ZL left in stock...
    Yeah, I figure there are two possible outcomes in the new year:

1. Zebralight goes out of business, or

2. They carve off a separate unit for international sales, and all orders must go through them. That would explain why dealers are no longer getting lights. Maybe launch a new lineup of models for this.

Frankly, (2) seems weird, and doesn't explain the lack of lights available for this Christmas season. Their business model just sucks this year, and the only new light they've come up with in years is the SC700. (1) seems more likely.

Page 118 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1868108111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125128 ... LastLast