Malkoff        
Page 119 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1969109112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 3863

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Flashaholic

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Agreed

Flashaholic

ZebraLight going out of business would be tragic for the flashlight world. They truly create an unmatched, well-engineered product. Really hope they are holding on. Wish they would communicate better with their buyers. Based on what we see here, Reddit, TLF, BLF, backpacking forums, they are only increasing in demand and with a bit of marketing, I don't see why they couldn't thrive.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Anyone interested in a brand new SC600Fc IV Plus? GP Knives had two left so I ordered them both. They're identical and perfect. I would keep it as a backup but would be happy to pass it off to someone who would actually use it. $99 shipped, Priority Mail.

I hope this isn't the end for Zebralight. The 501w and SC32w were my favorites and I regret selling them.
    Click Here to view my lights

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by likethevegetable View Post
    ZebraLight going out of business would be tragic for the flashlight world. They truly create an unmatched, well-engineered product. Really hope they are holding on. Wish they would communicate better with their buyers. Based on what we see here, Reddit, TLF, BLF, backpacking forums, they are only increasing in demand and with a bit of marketing, I don't see why they couldn't thrive.
    It might just be they're not too profitable at the current price point. Illum once told me that they stopped selling zebralights, because the margins that zebralight left them were the lowest in the business. So, it may just be that producing the lights is rather expensive, and they can't raise the price much more or they'd kill the market.

They could go with something like the ridiculously high price point that HDS uses. But, that's a very small market, and I don't think they could get away with tripling prices because they've already established the price at current levels. So, they may just be stuck.

Or, perhaps the owners have just gotten bored and moved on to more interesting or better paying jobs.

I'm surprised they wouldn't try to sell the company. Maybe they have, and that's why things are changing next month? It might explain why there's no stock, or dealers, and why their website is almost abandoned. It also might explain why they shut down the Texas location. It could be a rebranding is about to happen. I think that's the best outcome we could hope for.

Oh man juicy thread yesterday and I missed all off it! Anyway...

Speaking of dc fix though, I'm starting to think I like that on a standard model better than the F versions. They're close, but still a slightly more useful beam with the dc fix. And it hasn't budged the slightest bit on my H600w that I've been using for 7 years. No peeling, not even collecting lint or grime around the edges.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Oh man juicy thread yesterday and I missed all off it! Anyway...

Speaking of dc fix though, I'm starting to think I like that on a standard model better than the F versions. They're close, but still a slightly more useful beam with the dc fix. And it hasn't budged the slightest bit on my H600w that I've been using for 7 years. No peeling, not even collecting lint or grime around the edges.
    The dc fix must cut down on some light, though. There are more surfaces for the light to go to, so more diffractions each time the light has to pass through a surface. With the frosted lens, there's only 2 surfaces. With dc fix, you now have 4 surfaces. It may not have a significant effect, but I'd be interested to see some tests from someone who has an accurate sphere to measure it.

Aside from that, though, I agree that it's a good solution. If you don't like it, you can simply remove it. You can't really do that with a frosted lens.

Flashaholic

My experience, having owned and tested a H53c + DC-Fix and H53Fc at the same time, is that they are perceptibly identical. The beam shape, and brightness, were indistinguishable to me (except for greenish tint on the H53Fc due to lottery). I later used the Ceiling Bounce app and the measurements were very close, to what I'd call within error.

I've gotten to the point where an imperceptible drop in efficiency, say 1-3%, does not matter to me (putting on the practical engineer hat), because it is, well imperceptible! I (fortunately) don't find myself in situations where that 1% extra of battery juice or brightness would have saved my life (if that was the case, I'd use a cool white beam). Although the analytical engineer hat on wants to see the actual measurements with precision instrumentation.

And markr6, I'm also astounded at how reliable DC-Fix is, to the point where the non-F models would be my first recommendation if someone isn't 100% sure they want the floody beam.
    Last edited by likethevegetable; 12-16-2020 at 08:00 AM.

If it does cut light, I can only say it's a good thing. I rarely use H1 mode, and in every other mode the output seems perfect. I'm never looking for more lumens. In fact, sometimes M1 is a bit too bright and L1 is too dim, so the M2 is perfect. I can't say for certain that's because of the dc fix, but it sure isn't hurting. I use M2 a lot in camp while backpacking.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

Agreed that the default M1 and M2 are the only modes I use on my H600Fc IV. H1 is just stupid-bright. H2 is a waste of light, too. L1 (or lower) are just too dim unless I only want to see my own feet. M2 is perfect for working on things up-close, and M1 is perfect for walking around outside.

All this activity in this thread got me carrying my Zebras again.

Currently my SC600W MK IV Plus, gotta say that i cannot remember why instopped EDCing theese things...

Who needs magnetic charging, right?

Skickat frŚn min SM-N986B via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Of the two SC700 offerings remaining on the website, how do they differ in real world usage?
    Hey Nascar,
    I just got a SC700Fd sent to me. I already own the SC700d. The two lights are very similar, but the SC700d is a bit more throwy (than the frosted version) even though it's so floody. I'm thinking I will use the frosted version indoors and the other for both indoors and outdoors. If I could only have one, it'd definitely be the SC700d. You could always add dc fix to it as discussed above to match the frosted version. I should have done that.

One more thing to mention to you or anyone who might care - The SC700d lights are, in my opinion, the most attractive Zebralights of them all (I'm talking about the light itself; I'm not talking about the beam which is also awesome - a perfect 5000k color with no blues or greens!!) The light is really nice looking. I now own 3 (two SC700d's and one SC700Fd). All three are for use at home mostly.

I go camping every month with our scout troop and prefer the smaller lights on those trips, but my wife & I just hiked up a mountain for sunset with friends. I carried the SC700d for the 2.5 mile hike down the mountain in the dark and was so impressed with it's bright perfect white floody output. I normally prefer a more throwy handheld, but this light was very nice for us all to see the trail (I had my SC600w HI with me too, but mostly used the 700 that night.)

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Outdoorsman5; 12-16-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Outdoorsman5, you just sold me, order placed for a SC700d!!!
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Outdoorsman5, you just sold me, order placed for a SC700d!!!
    I'd be surprised if you didn't love it too (and then want another one like I did!)

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    I'd be surprised if you didn't love it too (and then want another one like I did!)
    I jog at nite with my wife, and I prefer a flooder (with some throw for dogs/critters) that fills the road right to left 10 ft in front of us. This should be nice for that.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I jog at nite with my wife, and I prefer a flooder (with some throw for dogs/critters) that fills the road right to left 10 ft in front of us. This should be nice for that.
    I agree. Good choice!

Flashaholic

Anybody here own the Sc600fc mk4 plus? Feedback?

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Hey, I just wanted to report the following: I ordered a few lights from ZL recently, and two lights are defective. Also, the "My Account" portion of ZL's website is not currently working (hopefully that's just temporary.) So, at the moment, I can't report this to ZL to get replacements. Hope the problem with their website isn't lasting.

So anyone else receiving new lights can be on alert, the defects are as follows:

- One of my SC5w II does not have the lowest two settings programmed in the light. The .33 mode and the .09 mode = no light at all. So, the light will allow me to pick one of those settings, but there is no light when I am in either of those settings. In other words, if I have .09 programmed in L2 then when I select L2, there is no light coming out of the flashlight - same with the .33 mode. Bummer. I alerted ZL yesterday on their website, but they have not responded. Today, I discovered another one of my new lights has a different defect detailed below, but since their website isn't currently working I can't report this one.

- My new SC600w IV abruptly cuts off when in H1 max. It does this quite frequently as well. Sadly, I had this problem with 4 lights in a row a few years ago. I even posted videos here on CPF after being told by a few people that I was doing something wrong. The fact was that the lights were defective, and now that same defect has shown up again. Thankfully, just in this one light though.

So, be aware and watchful for these defects, and hopefully ZL's website will be working again soon.

Enlightened

Shame that you're having issues. Although the 'my account' section seems to be working fine for me so maybe that's fixed

Hey Nascar,
    I just got a SC700Fd sent to me. I already own the SC700d. The two lights are very similar, but the SC700d is a bit more throwy (than the frosted version) even though it's so floody. I'm thinking I will use the frosted version indoors and the other for both indoors and outdoors. If I could only have one, it'd definitely be the SC700d. You could always add dc fix to it as discussed above to match the frosted version. I should have done that.

One more thing to mention to you or anyone who might care - The SC700d lights are, in my opinion, the most attractive Zebralights of them all (I'm talking about the light itself; I'm not talking about the beam which is also awesome - a perfect 5000k color with no blues or greens!!) The light is really nice looking. I now own 3 (two SC700d's and one SC700Fd). All three are for use at home mostly.

I go camping every month with our scout troop and prefer the smaller lights on those trips, but my wife & I just hiked up a mountain for sunset with friends. I carried the SC700d for the 2.5 mile hike down the mountain in the dark and was so impressed with it's bright perfect white floody output. I normally prefer a more throwy handheld, but this light was very nice for us all to see the trail (I had my SC600w HI with me too, but mostly used the 700 that night.)

Hope that helps!
    Thanks. I really appreciate the response and information. It's certainly tempting, but I really don't want another battery type to support.

That being said, I'm not totally discounting the idea of getting one and it's the D that I'd get.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

As mentioned by WalkIntoTheLight, Zebrslight's website is not secure at this moment. I wouldn't want to login or place an order st this time until it becomes secure again.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Their website is no longer secure. If I try to use https, it goes to their host 3dcartstores and says the page is no longer active. Be cautious about using Zebralight's website... something isn't right.
    Click Here to view my lights

Flashaholic*

- My new SC600w IV abruptly cuts off when in H1 max. It does this quite frequently as well. Sadly, I had this problem with 4 lights in a row a few years ago. I even posted videos here on CPF after being told by a few people that I was doing something wrong. The fact was that the lights were defective, and now that same defect has shown up again. Thankfully, just in this one light though.
    That is a pretty common problem with Zebralight's XHP35 lights. I have two MkIV lights with the XHP35 HI emitter, and they both have the problem where they will shut off when first turning them on to H1. Luckily, it only happens in cold weather with my lights. And, they work fine in H1 on the second attempt. Lights with different emitters seems to be okay, though I don't use them as much in cold weather so I can't be sure.

Anyway, I'm convinced it's a problem with the driver that Zebralight uses with the XHP35 LED.

Flashaholic

Any recommendations for bike mounts to put a Zebralight on ones helmet or handlebars?

Flashaholic

I like the Olight FB-1 for a handlebar mount (https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Cycl.../dp/B076D84CQQ).

It's simple and effective. I did have one break though--the collar holding the screw-head that joins two brackets together basically ripped off after a couple years. Ripped off when I was pulling the silicon to put a light on.
    For the price though, I bought another one. I usually have a lanyard fixed on my FL to the bars for backup, so my ZL babies won't catastrophically fall off.

Or these: https://www.amazon.com/TwoFish-9-Loc...dp/B001CJXB5E/

I like the velcro since you can really adjust it to whatever size you need and crank it down tight.
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

I've tried a couple of the velcro varieties, and I don't really like them. Yes, they're easy, but they also tend to gradually slip during a ride, so you have to readjust your light at least a couple of times during a ride. Not a bit deal, I suppose, but I much prefer the hard plastic grippers. Once you fix them, they'll stay that way pretty-much forever. I can't post a link, but I got a couple of them from banggood. They look like two plastic circles on top of each other, offset by 90 degrees.

I REALLY hope I am wrong... but there do appear to be some signs of ZL "re-structuring".

It's possible that another entity has or will be buying the brand.

Either way... I think I will buy a backup SC600w IV Plus while it exists... have been waiting for an upgrade, even if only slightly better tint or CRI.

Yeah i agree with this ^^^^^^
    I also bought few models so now iím covered with every CRI model except SC700. Just too ugly and Theunite T2 does great job also

Sent from Tapatalk

Flashaholic

Fenix bike mount looks good too but pricey. Does the olight stay in place if your light is angled downwards?

Flashaholic

I'll jump in and say that Zebralight has served me very well for the last nine years as I regularly, every day, use their first gen SC600, 52cw and 62cw. My other lights get use but the ZL's are everyday lights that work incredibly well. Maybe I need to buy another, who knows? I do hope they stick around, survive and deliver lights like the three, none of which has ever given me a single problem. Kudos ZL.

Page 119 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1969109112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast