The Fenix-Store        
Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3863

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by holygeez03 View Post
    I REALLY hope I am wrong... but there do appear to be some signs of ZL "re-structuring".

It's possible that another entity has or will be buying the brand.

Either way... I think I will buy a backup SC600w IV Plus while it exists... have been waiting for an upgrade, even if only slightly better tint or CRI.

Yeah, it's too bad they don't offer the SC600 Plus with the same XHP50.2 emitter as the H600Fc IV. It's a really nice high CRI emitter, with a warm tint. It would be a huge improvement over the regular 50.2 they use in the SC600w IV Plus.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    Any recommendations for bike mounts to put a Zebralight on ones helmet or handlebars?

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    The TwoFish Megablock pump holder works extremely well with the right-angle Zebralights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it on my mountain bike and it is very secure. Very easy to adjust the beam up and down by rotating the light in the holder. It's also quite low-profile being mounted parallel to the bars, making it less likely to snag on something than a perpendicularly mounted flashlight.

I run a pair of H600c MKIV's for mountain biking at night - one on the bars as above and one on my helmet using a spare Zebralight rubber mount and some zip ties. This helmet mount is so light I just leave it on permanently. The wide beams from the XHP50.2 LEDs are perfect for twisty trails and looking through corners.

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    As mentioned by WalkIntoTheLight, Zebrslight's website is not secure at this moment. I wouldn't want to login or place an order st this time until it becomes secure again.
    Important piece of cyber security here. It doesn't matter who's the owner of the site, if the https doesn't work, don't provide the webpage with any of your info.

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Or these: https://www.amazon.com/TwoFish-9-Loc...dp/B001CJXB5E/

I like the velcro since you can really adjust it to whatever size you need and crank it down tight.
    I have these too and it doesn't move at all even when on a bumpy road where it might rattle vertically.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Pi_is_blue View Post
    The TwoFish Megablock pump holder works extremely well with the right-angle Zebralights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it on my mountain bike and it is very secure. Very easy to adjust the beam up and down by rotating the light in the holder. It's also quite low-profile being mounted parallel to the bars, making it less likely to snag on something than a perpendicularly mounted flashlight.

I run a pair of H600c MKIV's for mountain biking at night - one on the bars as above and one on my helmet using a spare Zebralight rubber mount and some zip ties. This helmet mount is so light I just leave it on permanently. The wide beams from the XHP50.2 LEDs are perfect for twisty trails and looking through corners.

That's a sweet setup! I am tempted to get that headlamp. I use to have the FC and sold it as I found it a little too floody. I regret selling it now. Thanks for the Amazon link. The headlamps look much nicer on the handlebars than regular flashlights.
    Last edited by NPL; 12-16-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Anybody here own the Sc600fc mk4 plus? Feedback?
    I own the SC600Fd IV Plus, it's one of my all time favourites. What you give up in range (frosted lens) you get back in the form of a perfect beam shape, there is still a centre area that's brighter but the transition is just perfect, no artifacts at all. The frosted lens also removes most of the XHP50's colour shifting.
    Just a really nice light for indoors and closer range outdoor use (up to ~25 meters on max).
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    I own the SC600Fd IV Plus, it's one of my all time favourites. What you give up in range (frosted lens) you get back in the form of a perfect beam shape, there is still a centre area that's brighter but the transition is just perfect, no artifacts at all. The frosted lens also removes most of the XHP50's colour shifting.
    Just a really nice light for indoors and closer range outdoor use (up to ~25 meters on max).
    Thanks. I was thinking of getting the sc600fc to complement the cooler sc700fd. Sounds like a winner.

I may be interested in snagging one of these SC700d units, but not with the website being in its current state. Probably just as well, as I really don't need another light.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Ordered one a few days ago. Says backordered. No shipment yet. Iím good with that though, the usps is quite overloaded at the moment.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

I was in touch with the folks at ZL this week after ordering an SC64. Product expected from China by the end of this month after which they will ship from their local offices.
    I also mentioned this thread and said it may be an idea to come here and deal with all of the speculation.
    They have been very communicative and replied to all of my questions within 24 hours.
    I have carried their products since they were first launched more than 10 years ago. There is still nothing to beat their UI. There is not a day when I don't use my SC63.
    I also have 100's of 18650 batteries so there is never an instance when the light does not have a charged battery in it.

Flashaholic*

Tell them to fix their website, and add https secure transactions back to it. Right now, I would never advise anyone to order something from it. Their website seems very amateurish, like they really don't care.

Great lights! But, they seem to be doing everything this year to make sure they go out of business.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    As mentioned by WalkIntoTheLight, Zebrslight's website is not secure at this moment. I wouldn't want to login or place an order st this time until it becomes secure again.
    Thanks for the head's-up! I was wondering about their website and wondering about the change. I noticed too, that they indicate "Starting Jan 1, 2021, we will accept orders from U.S. customers only". Guess that means us International customers may be SOL.

It would be a shame if they were were no longer making lights or limiting where they sell.
    Last edited by LogansRun; 12-20-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    SF 6P, E1e, E2e, C2, M2, M3, Z2, HDS 60GT, Zebralight SC600w MKIV Plus. EDC rotation: Lumintop Geek, SF Titan Plus, Jetbeam RRT-0, SF E1e w/ Tana Nichia B219 TripLED

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Tell them to fix their website, and add https secure transactions back to it. Right now, I would never advise anyone to order something from it. Their website seems very amateurish, like they really don't care.

Great lights! But, they seem to be doing everything this year to make sure they go out of business.
    I think Iíve seen this kind of problem before and it was caused by our SSL certification getting disconnected from our domain. Our IT guy fixed it pretty quick.

Flashaholic

PayPal is my security when dealing with ZL...

When I go to the Zebralight website it is not secure. It does not have a secure cart. When I try to check out with the cart the checkout IS secure. At that time during checkout you could log into your account securely.
    Kata Ton Δaimona Eaytoy

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Minescence View Post
    When I go to the Zebralight website it is not secure. It does not have a secure cart. When I try to check out with the cart the checkout IS secure. At that time during checkout you could log into your account securely.
    That's true for me too. When I'm logged into my account I'm on a secure site but when I start to browse the headlight or flashlight selections the site switches to a non secure mode. Back to secure when I go back into my account to place or check orders.
    Last edited by CoherentRays; 12-20-2020 at 08:38 PM.

I frequently bike at night. My bike has a SON dynamo front hub which powers their Edelux II headlight as well as a tail light mounted on the seat tube. All the wiring is internal. It's sufficiently bright except for twisty high speed descents (frame mounted light points straight ahead when you want to see around the corners). Not having to rely on batteries was actually life changing. That said, if I know I'll be riding for hours after dark or doing big descents I also carry an H600w mk IV. I find the headband fits pretty well beneath my helmet and places the light where it needs to be. The default H1 setting is as bright as I'd ever want, it can be blinding to oncoming traffic, though.

I ordered an SC64 LE about a week ago and got a notification yesterday that it has shipped. The site indicated that these were back ordered, so I thought I would be in for a longer wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev148 View Post
    I ordered an SC64 LE about a week ago and got a notification yesterday that it has shipped. The site indicated that these were back ordered, so I thought I would be in for a longer wait.
    Same with my SC700d, ordered last week as backordered, shipped yest, still pre-shipment status.

Based on my observations, "backorder" means "low stock" to ZebraLight... and they don't appear to change items to "In Stock" unless they have plenty on-hand, ready to ship immediately.

Also, "Shipped" means it will be shipped in a few days.
    Last edited by holygeez03; 12-22-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Exactly my findings too past few orders.

I only see in order status : New(shipping from China)
    Whatever that means

Sent from Tapatalk

Flashaholic*

Are ZL orders still shipping from Texas? Or are all orders now being shipped from China? The ordering and shipping process at ZL is uniquely ambiguous and mysterious.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Are ZL orders still shipping from Texas? Or are all orders now being shipped from China? The ordering and shipping process at ZL is uniquely ambiguous and mysterious.
    I just received an H600w Mk IV shipped from Texas. (So far, I really like the light)

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Mine just shipped from Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by brightasday View Post
    I just received an H600w Mk IV shipped from Texas. (So far, I really like the light)
    Do you own any other headlamps? How does it compare?

Enlightened

Do you own any other headlamps? How does it compare?
    This is my 9th Zebralight, but only my second headlamp. My only other headlamp is an original Zebralight H600w from early 2012. The old one was my second most frequently used flashlight, and then I misplaced it for a few days and realized I really _need_ a second headlamp .

The new H600w Mk IV is really not that different from the original H600. It looks the same other than having a darker body and a section without ribbing. The basic UI is the same as the new one, though the new one has a lot of new features (e.g. "groups", battery tester, thermal regulation, . . .). The tint is a little yellower on the old model, but both are fine for me. I like the headband on the new one better than the old. The biggest difference is that the new model is A LOT brighter. Given the added features and big difference in brightness, and inflation between 2012 and now, I feel lucky the price has not changed since 2012.

Flashaholic

I was curious about your feedback because it seems the floodier xhp50 versions are more popular. I had the h600w mkii in the past and found the beam profile perfect for outdoor sports where speed and longer visibility was required. The floody ones are better up close, but lack the throw.

I was curious about your feedback because it seems the floodier xhp50 versions are more popular. I had the h600w mkii in the past and found the beam profile perfect for outdoor sports where speed and longer visibility was required. The floody ones are better up close, but lack the throw.
    I totally agree. I've owned an H600w mk IV for a couple of years now. I got it for auxiliary/backup lighting for my bicycle (see my post above) and also to use on my nightly walk across a dark pasture to lock up my chickens. It's floody enough for great situational awareness and has just enough throw to reach out 150-200 yards at the highest setting. I really like the compromise, perfect for an outdoor headlight IMO--I wouldn't want to give up throw for more flood or visa versa. On the bike I adjust the tilt of the light so that the hot spot floats just above the road surface and reaches out into the distance. I don't see a bright spot where it would compromise my peripheral vision and the illumination stays pretty even.

To reply to the posts about shipping: I got the pre shipment notice for my back ordered SC64 LE about a week ago and it looks like it entered the USPS system on 12/24 with an estimated delivery date of 12/29. It shipped from Texas.

I bought another SC600w IV Plus just in case something crazy happens with ZL in 2021... it has become my most used light by far around the house and in the yard... I can confirm that the newer copies do NOT have the purple AR coating and this does eliminate the purple ring that reflects off the bezel... It also seems to help with tint-shift across the entire beam when looking really close.

So I am happy about that... especially since it's winter and the purple ring is especially annoying when there is snow on the ground.

Flashaholic

I just read on reddit that someone was told by Zebralight that they plan to release a new H600 using SST20 in 4000k. That is music to my ears!

Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127 ... LastLast