Wuben        
Page 121 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2171111114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 3863

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Flashaholic

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

So thatís SC64C LE replacement

Sent from Tapatalk

Flashaholic

Sounds like it will be in their entry level headlamps. I am curious to see what their MkV lights be be like.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Flashaholic*

Cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    I just read on reddit that someone was told by Zebralight that they plan to release a new H600 using SST20 in 4000k. That is music to my ears!

Why such a thrower emitter in a headlamp platform? The SST-20 would be more suitable for one of the SC series.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic

I personally like a throwy emitter to a certain extent in a headlamp. I find I can use it at a much lower setting helping consevre battery life, it's far less blinding to your peers when camping as it focused the beam to your food instead of white washing everyone's faces, and when doing an activity requiring speed at night, the extra throw is necessary. If I need floody, I can diffuse it, bit I can't make a diffused beam more focused...

The LH351d is still probably a better led option in a headlamp over the SST20.

Flashaholic*

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

I recall tons of threads here regarding the unprotected vs protected batteries. I have the SC62W and just got some protected 18650. The batt is all the way up to the end of the tube so when i screw down the cap is really tight. I thought the SC63 and SC64 have this issue. Do you guys use protected batt in the SC62W ? Reason i got protected i have some other lights that need to use them also.
    Last edited by marinemaster; 12-30-2020 at 03:37 AM.

SC63 and 64 are shorter and donít fit protected batteries. The 62 can work with either, but unprotected is recommended.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

Flashaholic

I can use either protected or unprotected cells in my SC62, but prefer unprotected.

Flashaholic*

Just thinking long term if i leave the protected battery in say months will it have any effect on the spring in the tail ? cant be seen but sure feels like is compressed at the absolute limit.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by marinemaster View Post
    Just thinking long term if i leave the protected battery in say months will it have any effect on the spring in the tail ? cant be seen but sure feels like is compressed at the absolute limit.
    It's possible. But, you can always stretch a spring back out again, if you need to. I've had to do this sometimes with twisties. Just grab them with a paperclip and pull. You probably won't have to worry about it with a switch light, such as Zebralight, but again, it's possible.

I posted a while back for some recommendations and help in deciding between the SC64 LE and the SC64w HI. I couldn't make up my mind so I bought both. I was sure I'd like the LE better, but it turned out I preferred the greater intensity and throw of the HI as well as the cooler tint. The CRI did not look that different in my examples. I'm probably returning the LE.

Flashaholic*

^^^Love the SC64w HI. I'm super impressed with it.
    Just ordered the headlamp version for work, so don't have to wonder what my first light of 2021 will be
    I guess the emitter is the HD version, and will be floodier, but here's hoping the tint is similar!

Quote Originally Posted by Ev148 View Post
    I posted a while back for some recommendations and help in deciding between the SC64 LE and the SC64w HI. I couldn't make up my mind so I bought both. I was sure I'd like the LE better, but it turned out I preferred the greater intensity and throw of the HI as well as the cooler tint. The CRI did not look that different in my examples. I'm probably returning the LE.
    Pleased to hear that. My SC64w HI arrives next week. I have been carrying the SC63W since the day they were released. It gets used every single day and has travelled the world with me.
    Will be interesting to compare them side by side.

And now itís 2021. ZL only shipping to USA.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Flashaholic*

They should have also said all our 2021 models will be few mm longer to handle protected 18650....

Zebralight should really update their website. It just looks so primitive.

This type of setup with each of my zebras has increased my appreciation for the new UI and the overall usefulness of these awesome lights. Maybe this will be helpful to someone. This is my setup on my SC64w HI (but all my ZLís are set in similar fashion.)
    CURRENT SETUP:
    G5: H 1300/467 ó M 118/52 ó L 2.7/.24 GENERAL MODE

G6: H 1300/245 ó M 118/52 ó L 7.9/2.7 OUTDOOR/HIKING MODE

G7: H 245/52 ó M 7.9/2.7 ó L .24/.06 INDOOR/CAMP MODE

Flashaholic

this is exactly how ima gonna setup my sc600w hi when it arrives!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    This type of setup with each of my zebras has increased my appreciation for the new UI and the overall usefulness of these awesome lights. Maybe this will be helpful to someone. This is my setup on my SC64w HI (but all my ZLís are set in similar fashion.)
    CURRENT SETUP:
    G5: H 1300/467 ó M 118/52 ó L 2.7/.24 GENERAL MODE

G6: H 1300/245 ó M 118/52 ó L 7.9/2.7 OUTDOOR/HIKING MODE

G7: H 245/52 ó M 7.9/2.7 ó L .24/.06 INDOOR/CAMP MODE

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    this is exactly how ima gonna setup my sc600w hi when it arrives!!!
    I hope you find it or something similar as useful & awesome as I do.

Since we canít customize G5 (uses original UI so H1, M1, & L1 are all locked in) as much as you can customize G6 & G7, it made since to me to use G5 to cover the spectrum of settings, highs to lows, that are really useful plus a good selection of mediums to cover outdoor & indoor use.

With G6 (hiking/outdoor mode) I took out the really low settings (which I donít use outdoors or when hiking) and plugged in lows that are really useful (can still see and not be blinding.) I selected my most used settings when hiking in H1 & H2 and M1 & M2. We are about to do a 20 mile backpacking trip this month. Our hike starts Friday after school and plan to hike into the evening (to around 8:00 pm that night to set us up for an easier Sat hike.) Iím betting I will be in G6 while hiking and in G7 when at camp & in my tent. My son set his up the same way (headlights too.)

G7 is my most used mode on a daily basis at home when walking into my bedroom if my wife is already in bed or when going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. We had the power go out for 3 days & nights, and this mode was what I used the whole time except when I went outside with our dogs (my G6 setup is better for that.)

Iíve been a zebra fan for a loooooong time. It took me way to long to see the brilliance of Zebralightís NEW UI. Iíve been missing out for too long. Glad I grabbed some new zebralights recently.

Flashaholic

Oh, I willl. It'll be here tomorrow!!!

As for finding other ZL's that I like... I've got twenty ZL's in front of me.

Guess I could say that for me, 2020 was the year of the flashlight!!!

Jim

I hope you find it or something similar as useful & awesome as I do.

Me too Jim. I bought several zebras in Nov/Dec. Markr6 would say ďhardcoreĒ right about now! Wish I had bought another SC600w Mk IV HI before it got discontinued. Anyone out there wanting to get rid of theirís, Iíll pay.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Guess I could say that for me, 2020 was the year of the flashlight!!!
    Jim

Flashaholic

Me too Jim. I bought several zebras in Nov/Dec. Markr6 would say ďhardcoreĒ right about now! Wish I had bought another SC600w Mk IV HI before it got discontinued. Anyone out there wanting to get rid of theirís, Iíll pay.
    I suspect they will release a mkV using the new xhp35.2 Hi.

Flashaholic

my finger is on the order now button!!!

MAN, I hope so!! And makes sense they would. Any idea on how much bigger the XHP35.2 HI LED will be compared to the xhp35 HI LED? Iím concerned that the new version will become less throwy compared to the discontinued SC600w Mk IV HI.

Quote Originally Posted by NPL View Post
    I suspect they will release a mkV using the new xhp35.2 Hi.
    Last edited by Outdoorsman5; 01-01-2021 at 10:59 PM.

MAN, I hope so!! And makes sense they would. Any idea on how much bigger the XHP35.2 HI LED will be compared to the xhp35 HI LED? Iím concerned that the new version will become less throwy compared to the discontinued SC600w Mk IV HI.
    Itís the same size emitter. More info can be found by entering their names in Google...
    Downside of XHP35.2 is if used HD version most likly you will have unpleasant yellow-green corona. Just like XHP50.2 (the reason they made Floody options)
    Letís hope they will source HI emitters

Sent from Tapatalk

I just received a ZL headlamp and a flashlight is on the way. I'm new to ZL and was hoping to find a video that shows how to access the pre-programmed light levels but didn't find one on YouTube. Lots of reviews of flashlights.

Is there a YT video or other source you could recommend that shows the basic operation of a ZL and how to access the various sub-levels?

Flashaholic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zob_8_jtOGk

Quote Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    I just received a ZL headlamp and a flashlight is on the way. I'm new to ZL and was hoping to find a video that shows how to access the pre-programmed light levels but didn't find one on YouTube. Lots of reviews of flashlights.

Is there a YT video or other source you could recommend that shows the basic operation of a ZL and how to access the various sub-levels?

Thank you, an excellent video. I'm using the H53Fc. Its modes are listed below. If I want to access and use the 102 lumens, is that what is preprogrammed in G7? If so, do I click 7 times and now I can use 102 Lm in Hi, 3.4Lm in Medium and .001Lm in Low?

Light Output (runtimes)
    • High: H1 276 Lm (0.9 hr) or H2 230 Lm (1.6 hr) / 165 Lm (2.3 hrs) / 102 Lm (4.2 hrs)
    • Medium: M1 55 Lm (8.5 hrs) or M2 25Lm (21 hrs) / 10 Lm (41 hrs) / 3.4 Lm (4.5 days)
    • Low: L1 1.0 Lm (13 days) or L2 0.26 Lm (1.1 month) / 0.06 Lm (2.2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3.3 months)
    Last edited by wiiawiwb; 01-02-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Flashaholic

not really sure what may be preprogrammed into g6 or g7?

I always clear everything and then enter my own programming.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    Thank you, an excellent video. I'm using the H53Fc. Its modes are listed below. If I want to access and use the 102 lumens, is that what is preprogrammed in G7? If so, do I click 7 times and now I can use 102 Lm in Hi, 3.4Lm in Medium and .001Lm in Low?

Light Output (runtimes)
    • High: H1 276 Lm (0.9 hr) or H2 230 Lm (1.6 hr) / 165 Lm (2.3 hrs) / 102 Lm (4.2 hrs)
    • Medium: M1 55 Lm (8.5 hrs) or M2 25Lm (21 hrs) / 10 Lm (41 hrs) / 3.4 Lm (4.5 days)
    • Low: L1 1.0 Lm (13 days) or L2 0.26 Lm (1.1 month) / 0.06 Lm (2.2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3.3 months)

Page 121 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2171111114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast