The Fenix-Store        
Page 122 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2272112115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 3874

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Guys, I only have one of the newer ZLs with G6 and G7, a SC64 model, but those groups' default as received is the same as G5.

Since zebralight now sell to US customers only, what about european online store like nkon? would they be able to get some zebra?

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Guys, I only have one of the newer ZLs with G6 and G7, a SC64 model, but those groups' default as received is the same as G5.
    Going from left to right with High, H1=276lm, H2=230Lm. How do access the 165Lm or 102Lm that are listed?

Light Output (runtimes)
    • High: H1 276 Lm (0.9 hr) or H2 230 Lm (1.6 hr) / 165 Lm (2.3 hrs) / 102 Lm (4.2 hrs)
    • Medium: M1 55 Lm (8.5 hrs) or M2 25Lm (21 hrs) / 10 Lm (41 hrs) / 3.4 Lm (4.5 days)
    • Low: L1 1.0 Lm (13 days) or L2 0.26 Lm (1.1 month) / 0.06 Lm (2.2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3.3 months)

Flashaholic*

Post Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    Thank you, an excellent video. I'm using the H53Fc. Its modes are listed below. If I want to access and use the 102 lumens, is that what is preprogrammed in G7?
    You program each mode individually. Any mode can be any of the available brightness levels. It can be a PITA, and is poorly explained in all the videos I've seen.

It's fairly simple, I suppose, at least it seems that way after having gotten to where I can successfully do it at will, but there was a bit of a learning curve. I gave up out of frustration a few times, and would go back to G5 for a day, then try again.
    I got confused, and was double clicking instead of single clicking, thinking I was getting into G6, and then programming mode, but wasn't actually doing anything.

So, for G6:
    Step 1: Turn off the light(I untwist and twist the tailcap)
    Step 2: Click 6 times
    -light is now off, but in G6
    Step 3: go to mode you want to program
    Step 4: click 6 times
    -light is now off off again
    Step 5: go back to the mode you wanted to program
    Step 6: start double clicking(I guess 6x, I just keep going til the brightness starts ramping up with each double click, or doesn't change any more). If you're starting in H1, which starts at max brightness, just keep double clicking until it doesn't go back into H2 any more.
    -Now you're setting a level. Double clicking to go up, or triple clicking to go down. A single click sets the brightness.

But here's the deal: you HAVE to double or triple click rapidly and without pause. Double click up, triple click down. If you pause, like double click, and say "oh, wait, I meant to go the other way" and click a third time, it's too late. You've just screwed up. The light is going to read that as a single click, and that mode is going to be programmed right where it's at. To change it, you will have to start all over again. You're going to have to start all over again for every single mode, anyway, so this can get frustrating quick if you don't keep it straight.
    Here's my helpful hint:
    Write down all of your light's levels in a column.
    Decide which levels you want to set beforehand. You can see each of them by playing around setting L2/M2/H2 in G5 before you start messing with G6 or G7.
    Check off those brightness levels on your column. Better yet, make a new column for each level.
    Now, when you get to step 6, no matter which mode you're programming, double click double click double click, go all the way up, so you're in the highest mode.
    Look at your column. 276 lumens. Say you want 165.
    Ok, triple click, 230. Triple click, 165. Stop. One click. Mode is set.
    And so on, and so on, one mode at a time.
    If you're programming a dimmer mode, and get confused about where you're at(it can be hard to tell, especially with sub-lumen modes) just keep going all the way down to .01. Give it a few extra triple clicks so you know for sure that you're there, then double click your way back up to the mode you wanted.

All I can say is take your time, and be patient. Hopefully, you're more high tech than me. I had already developed some familiarity by programming my G6, and went through programming some modes in G7 while writing this description. I still had to start over at least once for each of the 3 modes I programmed

Programming G7 is the same as G6, you will just click 7x in steps 2 and 4.
    Last edited by Owen; 01-02-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Flashaholic

i agree very confusing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    You program each mode individually. Any mode can be any of the available brightness levels. It can be a PITA, and is poorly explained in all the videos I've seen.

It's fairly simple, I suppose, at least it seems that way after having gotten to where I can successfully do it at will, but there was a bit of a learning curve. I gave up out of frustration a few times, and would go back to G5 for a day, then try again.
    I got confused, and was double clicking instead of single clicking, thinking I was getting into G6, and then programming mode, but wasn't actually doing anything.

So, for G6:
    Step 6: start double clicking(I guess 6x, I just keep going til the brightness starts ramping up with each double click, or doesn't change any more). If you're starting in H1, which starts at max brightness, just keep double clicking until it doesn't go back into H2 any more.
    -Now you're setting a level. Double clicking to go up, or triple clicking to go down. A single click sets the brightness.

But here's the deal: you HAVE to double or triple click rapidly and without pause. Double click up, triple click down. If you pause, like double click, and say "oh, wait, I meant to go the other way" and click a third time, it's too late. You've just screwed up. The light is going to read that as a single click, and that mode is going to be programmed right where it's at. To change it, you will have to start all over again. You're going to have to start all over again for every single mode, anyway, so this can get frustrating quick if you don't keep it straight.
    Here's my helpful hint:
    Write down all of your light's levels in a column.
    Decide which levels you want to set beforehand. You can see each of them by playing around setting L2/M2/H2 in G5 before you start messing with G6 or G7.
    Check off those brightness levels on your column. Better yet, make a new column for each level.
    Now, when you get to step 6, no matter which mode you're programming, double click double click double click, go all the way up, so you're in the highest mode.
    Look at your column. 276 lumens. Say you want 165.
    Ok, triple click, 230. Triple click, 165. Stop. One click. Mode is set.
    And so on, and so on, one mode at a time.
    If you're programming a dimmer mode, and get confused about where you're at(it can be hard to tell, especially with sub-lumen modes) just keep going all the way down to .01. Give it a few extra triple clicks so you know for sure that you're there, then double click your way back up to the mode you wanted.

All I can say is take your time, and be patient. Hopefully, you're more high tech than me. I had already developed some familiarity by programming my G6, and went through programming some modes in G7 while writing this description. I still had to start over at least once for each of the 3 modes I programmed

Flashaholic*

Tell you what, let me repost that without all the extra yapping.

G6:

Enlightened

If you only want to access the 102 lumen setting, you do not have to program G6 or G7 groups. You can just program it as the H2 setting of the G5 (default) group. Programming G6 and G7 is relatively complicated compared to programming H2 of the default group. Here are the instructions for the simpler change:

"The second sub-level (H2, M2 and L2) of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels. At a main level, double-click 6 times to start configuration. On subsequent double-clicks the light will cycle through different brightness levels. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes."

So basically turn the flashlight on to High, double-click 6 times to get to the programming mode. Lowest setting (102) will be active. Then single click to lock that as H2.

You guys are fantastic and thank you for your thoughtful help. I'm doing something wrong because I can't a setting in either G5 or G6. After I double-click to begin the programming mode, I can not get the light level to go up or down no matter what I do. I tried double-clicking to get it to go up and tried triple click to get it to go down. In each case, I when entering a triple click the strobe came on.

I'm a failure despite fantastic teachers!!!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Fespe View Post
    Since zebralight now sell to US customers only, what about european online store like nkon? would they be able to get some zebra?
    Dunno. Unfortunately, I've now been forced to move on from Zebralight. I'll keep using all the ones I have now, but I think I won't be buying any more. Well, I can't buy any more, so that solves it.

I just ordered a Emissar D4v2, to see how it compares. Probably not as small or efficient, but they do come in a great variety of tints. Looking forward to the 2700K CRI95 version I ordered. I really love the warm white lights I have now, especially for indoors. Zebralight 4000K is nice for outdoors, but sometimes I find it a little cool for ambient indoor light (ceiling bounced).

There was a 2000K version of the D4v2 I almost bought. But, that might be too warm, even for me. Might be kind of fun in the Anduril "candle mode", though. Perhaps next time.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    There was a 2000K version of the D4v2 I almost bought. But, that might be too warm, even for me. Might be kind of fun in the Anduril "candle mode", though. Perhaps next time.
    Uuhh .. your wallet will hate me pretty soon: there is a 2000K version with E21A LEDs.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Uuhh .. your wallet will hate me pretty soon: there is a 2000K version with E21A LEDs.
    Yeah, that's the one I almost bought. I probably will end up buying it, but I thought it might be too warm. Has anyone tried it? What's it like? It sounds pretty-much around the same color temp as real candlelight.

If you have/make a user account at the German TLF you can view a couple very nice E21A 2000k beamshots here: https://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/t...ia-e21a.77145/
    2000K seems to be real nice as a "candle replacement". Just don't expect "high CRI", it's a bit too warm for that, i.e. everything looks orangeish ;-)

I wish ZebraLight would offer the same choice of LED types we can get from Emisar .. are you guys listening?
    Last edited by Connor; 01-02-2021 at 03:45 PM.
    'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Zebralight does not ship to Canada anymore. Is there a store in the USA that has the H53Fc in stock? It is out of stock anywhere I check, including at Nkon in Europe.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Tapis View Post
    Zebralight does not ship to Canada anymore. Is there a store in the USA that has the H53Fc in stock? It is out of stock anywhere I check, including at Nkon in Europe.

Can you get it from Amazon? It shows up in US Amazon.

It's unavailable on Amazon US and is selling at four three times the price on Amazon Canada.
    Last edited by Tapis; 01-02-2021 at 09:10 PM.
    Fenix PD32, 01, 05, UC40 - Sunwayman V11R - Thrunite T10S - Zebralight SC62w, H600Fw - Nitecore SRT6

Enlightened

I am also moving on from Zebralight, order for a Noctigon KR4 is in. Looking forward to new experiences with Andruil.

Flashaholic*

Yup, looks like Zebralight doesn't want to sell there lights anywhere other than on their own (broken) website and only to the US. Very strange business model. I still think they're in trouble, or have perhaps decided they just don't give a **** anymore about sales, and are just running it as a hobby now.

In any case, ordering from Amazon US to Canada isn't usually worth it, unless you really need an item badly that is only available from Amazon. You pay a lot for shipping, duties, taxes, etc., etc. if you order from the Amazon US website.

Enlightened

Totally agree. Even if Nkon could get stock ZL’s recent shipping practices have driven prices up ~30%, not worth it for me anymore.

Actually looking forward to a change, the choice of a large range of emitters amongst other things is refreshing.

I agree with mostly everyone but for me it's really sad that a company with this kind of following and "worship" from around the world decide to cut everyone out! Maybe it's just temporary for sorting things out. And I really hope it's like that.
    I dont mind try new flashlight and new technology from other company but I will gladly continue to buy more zebralight too! If possible!!

Sorry, you guys can piss all over ZL if you want, but you won't find anything as efficient or sized as the ZL.

I can only speak of those I own, as in the SC53, SC64 and SC600 series.

It took me a few minutes to understand the programming, but now it's second nature. In the instructions above, I don't understand your Step 4 and why you're clicking 6-times at that point. I'll have to read it again, as maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fespe View Post
    I agree with mostly everyone but for me it's really sad that a company with this kind of following and "worship" from around the world decide to cut everyone out! Maybe it's just temporary for sorting things out. And I really hope it's like that.
    I dont mind try new flashlight and new technology from other company but I will gladly continue to buy more zebralight too! If possible!!
    I think folks would take it better if we simply knew why they made that decision.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

I agree. It's not knowing that piss people off!

Nascar is right you know...
    Just enjoy in what you have and be happy if something new comes up.

Flashaholic*

I still consider my Zebralights to be my most favorite lights by a long-shot. But, Zebralight's recent FU attitude towards buyers (especially non-US buyers), has me soured on the company. Even if I could buy zebralights, I don't think I would right now.

Personally, it's a great opportunity to get back into trying some other companies' flashlights. There's a lot of choice out there, especially in emitters, that Zebralight never had an interest in offering. And, most of it is quite a bit cheaper, too.

I love zebralight's small size and UI, but other companies are starting to close that gap. Zebralight hasn't really updated their line-up in 3 years. That's a lonnnnng time.

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Dunno. Unfortunately, I've now been forced to move on from Zebralight. I'll keep using all the ones I have now, but I think I won't be buying any more. Well, I can't buy any more, so that solves it.

I just ordered a Emissar D4v2, to see how it compares. Probably not as small or efficient, but they do come in a great variety of tints. Looking forward to the 2700K CRI95 version I ordered. I really love the warm white lights I have now, especially for indoors. Zebralight 4000K is nice for outdoors, but sometimes I find it a little cool for ambient indoor light (ceiling bounced).

I love the D4v2. The andruil software is fantastic and the light output is amazing. For the price of this light and what you get out of it, it’s really hard to beat. I honestly don’t even use my zebralights (only headlamps)or hds anymore.
    Last edited by Mgizler; 01-03-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Enlightened

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

Nobody is ‘pissing’ on Zebralights, they’re great lights. However I think they’ve damaged their following by closing shop to outside of the US. Like Walkintothelight I wouldn’t buy any now even if I could.
    Last edited by MB320; 01-03-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Flashaholic*

I have no horse in this race because I don’t own any zebra lights. I will say this however. Have any of you all complaining about the shipping tried to ship worldwide recently? It’s an absolute disaster. I don’t blame them at all for not wanting to do that on any kind of a large scale because customer complaints would be out the wazzoo. It took almost 2 months for me to ship a bezel to the UK.

It’s impossible to handle the outside factors for a company with such a good rep as zebra light. And you all know how humans are. Ship something out of country and it takes more than a couple days you are already getting bitchy emails. I don’t blame them a bit. We ARE still in the middle of a pandemic. I see these threads every few years on here, on Reddit, on edcforums. “Is zebralight closing up shop”?
    Google it same topic every few years for the same reasons then things go back to normal. This year we have extenuating circumstances of course.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

International shipping is very unreliable in these pandemic times. If that's the reason they stopped international orders it makes sense, but it's a shame they don't offer premium shipping options like DHL for those willing to pay a little extra.

Flashaholic*

Just about every other Chinese company is shipping just fine during the past year. In fact, I think I'm getting stuff more reliably now than I was a year ago! (Not a single lost package from China.) Delivery time is about the same, too.

It's not like Zebralight is shipping gold bars or nuclear material around. Other companies are doing business just fine. If they're using the pandemic as an excuse not to do mail shipments, that's pretty lame.

Page 122 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2272112115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast