Jetbeam        
Page 123 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2373113116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 3863

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Maybe someone in the USA can organize a overseas ZL group buy. Create a thread and post interest. From that thread order the ZLís and mail them to someone overseas where they can then dispatch to the new owners. Be a lot of work but doable. Lol.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Maybe someone in the USA can organize a overseas ZL group buy. Create a thread and post interest. From that thread order the ZLís and mail them to someone overseas where they can then dispatch to the new owners. Be a lot of work but doable. Lol.
    Sounds like working for Zebralight, without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    I think folks would take it better if we simply knew why they made that decision.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    I absolutely agree.

... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Good Idea.
    Malkoff Junkie

Flashaholic

30 days and counting on a sc600w hi from nkon.

my thoughts, i'd rather sooner than later, but later is better than not at all.

i doubt that, for the longterm zl leaves anyone without a light. we just don't know all the details yet. much like most other flashlight manufacturers.

ps why won't my tool 2.0 take flattop batteries? never heard a word from lumentop about this?!?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    I have no horse in this race because I donít own any zebra lights. I will say this however. Have any of you all complaining about the shipping tried to ship worldwide recently? Itís an absolute disaster. I donít blame them at all for not wanting to do that on any kind of a large scale because customer complaints would be out the wazzoo. It took almost 2 months for me to ship a bezel to the UK.

Itís impossible to handle the outside factors for a company with such a good rep as zebra light. And you all know how humans are. Ship something out of country and it takes more than a couple days you are already getting bitchy emails. I donít blame them a bit. We ARE still in the middle of a pandemic. I see these threads every few years on here, on Reddit, on edcforums. ďIs zebralight closing up shopĒ?
    Google it same topic every few years for the same reasons then things go back to normal. This year we have extenuating circumstances of course.
    Good post. I agree with the international shipping. It's a no win situation. Also, I can imagine much fraud occurring, whereas a customer would say he never received a product and ZL, to save their reputation, mail out a replacement on their dime.

I just really think allot of hard feelings and speculation could be avoided if ZL would just come out with an official statement.

For me, I'm just sorry I never tried a ZL a decades or so ago. It would have saved me thousands of dollars. It seems to me that theses other makers coming into the game are just looking to make lights as bright as possible.

No regulation, no efficiency, etc. I don't want a light that will set shit on fire, but that seems to be the gauge nowadays for these new gimmick lights. Between the lack of temperature control, regulation and ghetto backlighting of the lens, etc, you can keep them all. They will never have a home here with me

Last edited by this_is_nascar; 01-03-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Just about every other Chinese company is shipping just fine during the past year. In fact, I think I'm getting stuff more reliably now than I was a year ago! (Not a single lost package from China.) Delivery time is about the same, too.

It's not like Zebralight is shipping gold bars or nuclear material around. Other companies are doing business just fine. If they're using the pandemic as an excuse not to do mail shipments, that's pretty lame.
    This has not been my experience. Oversees shipments taking twice as long as they ever have in the past is what I've been seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    30 days and counting on a sc600w hi from nkon.

my thoughts, i'd rather sooner than later, but later is better than not at all.

i doubt that, for the longterm zl leaves anyone without a light. we just don't know all the details yet. much like most other flashlight manufacturers.

ps why won't my tool 2.0 take flattop batteries? never heard a word from lumentop about this?!?

Jim
    That little round ring is in the way. It's how they control reverse polarity via hardware vs software. I've seen some remove it.

Flashaholic*

100% what Nascar said.

Flashaholic

Itís here!!!

The last SC600w HI on the planet has arrived!!!

w00 h00!!!

Happy Camper, Jim

Flashaholic*

Itís here!!!

It was the best general-purpose light they made, IMO. Perfect for outdoor hikes. Really weird they discontinued it. Their business strategy is a total mystery, to me.

Flashaholic

hopefully a bigger and better version is on the way!

ps a lot of your opinions have cost me a lot!!!

Keep the Faith

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    It was the best general-purpose light they made, IMO. Perfect for outdoor hikes. Really weird they discontinued it. Their business strategy is a total mystery, to me.

Itís here!!!

w00 h00!!!

Happy Camper, Jim
    That's funny.....now how much you want for it? Ha Ha

Flashaholic

to tell you the truth, i sold my other sc600w hi a while back...

it disrupted my collection and sanity pretty badly.

so for now, ima keep it.

don't lose heart though, there is one out there with your name on it!

Cheers, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman5 View Post
    That's funny.....now how much you want for it? Ha Ha

The new version of the SC600w HI is really, REALLY weird looking!

https://www.amazon.com/Zebralight-SC...dp/B0793QN3SJ/
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic

Too Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    The new version of the SC600w HI is really, REALLY weird looking!

https://www.amazon.com/Zebralight-SC...dp/B0793QN3SJ/
    HAAAAAAAA!!! I STILL WANT ONE!!!!!

A couple of days ago I send an email to Nkon asking if they will be able to restock Zebralight since they don't sell to Europe anymore. They responded yes! Zebralight told them that they will continue to sell to Nkon. So I think maybe they just stopped selling to the single person due to the problem right now.
    For now I'm happy 😁
    Last edited by Fespe; 01-06-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fespe View Post
    A couple of days ago I send an email to Nkon asking if they will be able to restock Zebralight since they don't sell to Europe anymore. They responded yes! Zebralight told them that they will continue to sell to Nkon. So I think maybe they just stopped selling to the single person due to the problem right now.
    For now I'm happy 

That's good. Makes sense because when I visited a local dealer he had a box from ZL with, I'm guessing, 100 lights in one box. So to ship one of those to a seller, even international, would be cost effective. I suppose they could use different size boxes, but nkon is legit enough to stock more than just a handful at a time.
    GOOD TINT!

Unenlightened

Please forgive my negativity... For example in the case of H600w MkIV, $89 incl. shipping from Zebralight, but 103,5 EUR + 5 EUR shipping from NKON. So it would take around $134 instead of $89 to buy one. I would call it a significant difference. Zebralight's new policy is kind of disappointing.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by congo View Post
    Please forgive my negativity... For example in the case of H600w MkIV, $89 incl. shipping from Zebralight, but 103,5 EUR + 5 EUR shipping from NKON. So it would take around $134 instead of $89 to buy one. I would call it a significant difference. Zebralight's new policy is kind of disappointing.
    Yeah, I think this is likely because Zebralight is not giving much of a wholesale discount to retailers, so the retailer has to jack up the price to make a reasonable profit. Illumn told me awhile ago that they no longer sell Zebralights because they couldn't make a profit on the slim margins, it was lower than any other brand.

In any case, I find it's too expensive to buy from nkon, and zebralight won't sell outside the U.S. So, they clearly don't want international buyers for whatever reason. That's their right, but they've lost a fanboy. I won't be buying any more, unless they change their policy. I haven't bought any new zebralight in almost exactly 1 year, because they started charging rip-off shipping rates to Canada last year. The year before that, I bought 4.

I'm just really disappointed in Zebralight. Great lights, crappy company.

Looking forward to the Emisar I ordered... (free shipping, too!).

Flashaholic

not so...

check nkon pricing.

at least for me, a usa resident.

Jim

edit... vat sux

Quote Originally Posted by congo View Post

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    ^^^Love the SC64w HI. I'm super impressed with it.
    Just ordered the headlamp version for work, so don't have to wonder what my first light of 2021 will be
    I guess the emitter is the HD version, and will be floodier, but here's hoping the tint is similar!
    My H600w Mk IV XHP35(not HI)'s tint isn't on par with my SC64w HI's, which brings the word "perfect" to mind. The H600w has some visible green in both the spot and corona, while the outermost spill has an almost violet hue.
    That's on a white wall. In actual use, it is not noticeable at all.
    I took it on an overnight hike, and used it around camp, collecting firewood, and trying to light up a (big)waterfall.
    If I hadn't shined it on a white wall, my comments would have been "whoa", and "holy crap!", though those brightest modes will soon be programmed out. I don't need more output than the AA models have, but will appreciate the runtime from an 18650. Goes on a hardhat in a few hours, so I'll be playing flashlight nerd at work all night

Flashaholic

Owen, I share similar sentiments towards whitewall hunting. It's so easy to dislike a tint on a white wall, especially one that's slightly above the BBL when compared to one that's below the BBL. My SC64w HI has a slightly "dirty" corona, but in use it's hardly noticeable. It looks like an awful green compared to my Nichia 219C light, but in actual use when only using one light (as is my typical use) I prefer the HI as it feels a bit softer and warmer, and not as intense as the rosy Nichia. The color performance isn't too far off to me eyes either.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Buttrock Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

Today my Zebralight H600Fd Mk IV - 18650 XHP50.2 Floody 5000K High CRI Headlamp arrived (to EU).
    I order it from ZL around a month ago, 5 Dec 2020.
    I had the old H600w MK III since before. Wow, much light in the new one :-)
    I have two SC700d, order the last one 1st Dec 2020 from nkon.nl and it arrive shorty after.
    Itīs darker in color than my other one from Nov 2019. The new H600Fd is also darker.

In Picture:
    Zebralight H600w MK III - 18650 XHP35 Headlamp
    Zebralight H600Fd Mk IV - 18650 XHP50.2 Floody 5000K High CRI Headlamp

Zebralight SC700d - 21700 XHP70.2 Neutral White High CRI Flashlight
    Zebralight SC600W MK III - 18650 Cree XHP35 Flashlight
    Zebralight SC32w - CR123 XM-L2 Flashlight

Last edited by MrStrumpan; 01-07-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Flashaholic

Nice collection! Your photo of the SC700d doesn't make the head look massive compared to the body, like I've seen in other photos. Maybe I'm leaning towards one now... hah.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by likethevegetable View Post
    Nice collection! Your photo of the SC700d doesn't make the head look massive compared to the body, like I've seen in other photos. Maybe I'm leaning towards one now... hah.
    Feels nice in the hand too!!!

LOLz

likethevegetable, the SC700d feels like a finely sculpted piece of art when held. It really is a beautifully crafted light and is the one I keep on my nightstand, however, it IS a bit heavier than the SC600 series of lights, which should be taken into account. For my uses, I appreciate that extra heft. I also love that it's got not only extremely high output when needed, but also extremely low output as well, which I use for my nightly trips to the bathroom. All that with a HI CRI LED. In my opinion, one of Zebralight's most versatile lights.

Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread

to those crying about ZL not shipping internationally:

i'm sorry it's not as cheap and/or convenient anymore, but there's no need to act like the sky is falling or start vilifying ZL.

unfortunately, the US is not structured for economical, low-volume export. the closest thing we have to a good option is USPS, and international USPS shipping is SUPER slow and unreliable to many destinations right due to COVID. it wouldn't surprise me if ZL resumes selling internationally to end-users when the COVID situation improves.

moreover, i never understood the expectation for a good to automatically cost the same in a foreign market as in a domestic market. really?

as said, you still have the option of convenience to buy from international shops like nkon. there's an upcharge (45usd in the example given above) yes.. not cheap, but what's 45 extra dollars on a hobby item you probably buy at most a few of each year? that's nothing.

also, even if there weren't international sellers, why not just nut up and use a package forwarding service? i do this all the time for goods i can't ordinarily buy online. i never automatically expect a company to sell anything internationally. in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if you could get it cheaper that way than via nkon if the markup is actually 45usd. be a big boy and do some research. there are many ways to be resourceful.

i hope the situation improves and that you can buy from ZL directly again one day soon, but calling them a terrible company over this is pretty stupid.

edit: fwiw, i'm willing to occasionally forward packages for free to non-US people in need. i'm sure others are, too. just ask.
    Last edited by SYZYGY; 01-08-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by SYZYGY View Post
    to those crying about ZL not shipping internationally:

i'm sorry it's not as cheap and/or convenient anymore, but there's no need to act like the sky is falling or start vilifying ZL.

unfortunately, the US is not structured for economical, low-volume export. the closest thing we have to a good option is USPS, and international USPS shipping is SUPER slow and unreliable to many destinations right due to COVID. it wouldn't surprise me if ZL resumes selling internationally to end-users when the COVID situation improves.

moreover, i never understood the expectation for a good to automatically cost the same in a foreign market as in a domestic market. really?
    First, I'll point out that Zebralight is a Chinese company, which makes their lights in China, and for every country except the US, they shipped their lights to the consumer directly from China. (The US has/had a Texas warehouse where they shipped from.)

Second, I ordered a Emisar D4v2 from International Outdoor last week. Again, a Chinese company, shipping their lights from China. It was FREE shipping, and tracking shows it's going to get delivered to me today in the regular mail (Canada). That's LESS THAN 2 WEEKS from China. That's actually better time than I would normally get before the pandemic started! (For free shipping.)

There's absolutely no excuse why Zebralight can't do what every other Chinese company is able to do. Using the pandemic as an excuse not to do mail-order? That's not only ridiculous, but completely contrary to what every other company is doing now, including traditional brick & mortar retail stores. Zebralight no longer seems interested in running a proper business.

Page 123 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2373113116117118119120121122123124125126127128129 LastLast