The Fenix-Store        
Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118121122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 3863

Thread: The Official Zebralight Thread .

  1. #3811
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Fespe View Post
    Can I ask you what kind of specific filter do you use? By the way I order the sc700d. If I hadn't hurry I wouldn't be able to get it! It's already sold out on Nkon.

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk
    I started off by getting a Lee Filter Swatch book (the Designer edition), with is a neat little deal that has about 200 or so different color swatches of gel material, with each one measuring about 1.25" x 3.25", so big enough to cut out 2 or 3 circles and place over the front glass of the light. These are also made by Roscolux and Cinegel. Here is an example, but look around, as you can often find them for less:

    https://www.cinemagadgets.com/leeswatchbook.html

    These are neat because you can play with the different amounts of filtration, so just a little, or a bit more color correction, plus many of them also have swatches of diffusion material that is good for softening the light, so making a light floodier.

    If you can remove the bezel, you just cut to size, place under the glass, and put the bezel back on. If the bezel doesn't come off, simply cut to size and attach with a tiny piece of double sided tape in the middle.

    Personally, I've found that almost all my lights look better with either a minus 1/4 green or minus 1/2 green filter (which are magenta filters), so ended up purchasing a 21" x 24" square and just cut out what I need because remember, you'll only get 2 or 3 circles from each swatch in the swatch book, and most of the colors you won't be using. By the way, you can stack filters, so stacking two -1/4 green filters is equal to one -1/2 green filter. And do remember, adding any filter will decrease light output, but with most of today's high powered lights that is rarely a problem.

    https://www.cinemagadgets.com/31-lee-s249.html

    https://www.cinemagadgets.com/31-lee-s248.htm

    One other thing. Lee has a new filter material specifically made for LEDs. I believe it's the Zircon series, and I think it's more heat resistant (but also a bit more expensive). I've never tried it, but I've never had any problems with the regular filter material on my 2300 lumen lights, but if interested, you can read all about it on the Lee Filter website:

    https://www.leefilters.com/lighting/zircon.html

  2. #3812

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    I started off by getting a Lee Filter Swatch book (the Designer edition), with is a neat little deal that has about 200 or so different color swatches of gel material, with each one measuring about 1.25" x 3.25", so big enough to cut out 2 or 3 circles and place over the front glass of the light. These are also made by Roscolux and Cinegel. Here is an example, but look around, as you can often find them for less:

    https://www.cinemagadgets.com/leeswatchbook.html

    These are neat because you can play with the different amounts of filtration, so just a little, or a bit more color correction, plus many of them also have swatches of diffusion material that is good for softening the light, so making a light floodier.

    If you can remove the bezel, you just cut to size, place under the glass, and put the bezel back on. If the bezel doesn't come off, simply cut to size and attach with a tiny piece of double sided tape in the middle.

    Personally, I've found that almost all my lights look better with either a minus 1/4 green or minus 1/2 green filter (which are magenta filters), so ended up purchasing a 21" x 24" square and just cut out what I need because remember, you'll only get 2 or 3 circles from each swatch in the swatch book, and most of the colors you won't be using. By the way, you can stack filters, so stacking two -1/4 green filters is equal to one -1/2 green filter. And do remember, adding any filter will decrease light output, but with most of today's high powered lights that is rarely a problem.

    https://www.cinemagadgets.com/31-lee-s249.html

    https://www.cinemagadgets.com/31-lee-s248.htm

    One other thing. Lee has a new filter material specifically made for LEDs. I believe it's the Zircon series, and I think it's more heat resistant (but also a bit more expensive). I've never tried it, but I've never had any problems with the regular filter material on my 2300 lumen lights, but if interested, you can read all about it on the Lee Filter website:

    https://www.leefilters.com/lighting/zircon.html
    Thank you! For sure I'm going to try some of this filters after I play a little bit wit the flashlight!

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

  3. #3813
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Lee has a new filter material specifically made for LEDs. I believe it's the Zircon series, and I think it's more heat resistant (but also a bit more expensive). I've never tried it, but I've never had any problems with the regular filter material on my 2300 lumen lights, but if interested, you can read all about it on the Lee Filter website:
    Here is an interesting little filter durability test:
    https://budgetlightforum.com/node/75045

    ....After putting an eight minus green filter on a H600Fc IV I saw it losing its effect quite rapidly, like after one or two runtimes. This prompted me to switch to Zircon filters as they are supposed to be more durable.

    Since then I got a spectrophotometer so I decided to test their durability....

  4. #3814
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Here is an interesting little filter durability test:
    https://budgetlightforum.com/node/75045
    Thanks for that link, SubLGT. I've haven't noticed any issues with my filters, but I typically only use my lights for short bursts and doubt any of them have seen anywhere near that kind of runtime.

  5. #3815
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portland,OR
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Have a H600d on the way from Amazon.com.

  6. #3816
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    USA RVA
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    I recently received one...

    A very good light.

  7. #3817

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    What happened to Zebralight? Their site no longer exists

  8. #3818

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    What happened to Zebralight? Their site no longer exists
    You need to visit the non secure site http://zebralight.com/

    For some reason, using https, redirects to 3dcartstores

  9. #3819
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    What happened to Zebralight? Their site no longer exists
    They may have taken it off-line for some type of maintenance, but whatever the case, they are certainly there now:
    http://zebralight.com/

  10. #3820
    Flashaholic WebHobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rockport, Indiana
    Posts
    480

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    But they SERIOUSLY need to update their SSL certs. Non secure eCommerce is NOT a good look in 2021

  11. #3821

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Today I received the sc700d and playing a little bit with it I notice the greenish corona quite a bit (of course I'm not complaining I know what I was buying). Probably the snow didn't help either! I would like to try the zircon lee filter just to see if the result it's something acceptable and practicle to do if needed, like if I'm going to use the light indoor a lot, but I'm not sure what is the right one for this tint. For what I understood serching the zircon 803 or 802 are the ones to get? Am I right? And just to know does anyone tried putting dc-fix on it? Otherwise I'm really liking the sc700d! It's REALLY bright! And the stable output on higher level it's amazing.

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

  12. #3822
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Fespe, remember, you can stack the filters. I have the equivalent of an 801 on my 700d, and that's perfect for my taste, but you might want to simply get an 802, and if you need more, just put two of them on. I don't think an 803 is even worth the effort, as it's just not nearly enough.

    As far as dc-fix, sure, that will help even out the beam so the corona is not so apparent. I don't use it on my 700d, but I do use it on my 600w mkIV, along with a minus 1/2 green, and it' superb.

  13. #3823
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Lee filter will improve the green tint, but you will still have the tint and CCT variation from spot to spill unless you diffuse the beam with something like DC fix. It's an unfortunate compromise between beam throw or floody and even beam tint. I have the sc700fd and put a Lee Zircon filter on it. Perfect pure white, no more green, and smooth consistent beam, but very floody and good for indoors or up close use.

    Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

  14. #3824

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Thanks! I'm going for the 801! About the dc-fix, it's ages than I see people talk about it but I never tried it. The sc700d it's already floody, compared my Sc64c le it's a thrower and the tint it's beautiful.
    I would use the dc-fix only if improved the tint considerably. Otherwise I'm good with a little bit of tint shift.

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

  15. #3825
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    I think 801 will be way too much. I usually use 804 or 803.

    Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

  16. #3826

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Yes serching a little bit more maby the 801 is too much. I'm ordering the 802

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

  17. #3827
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    For reference, the 802 which has a 75% light transmission will turn the nasty XP-L2 high cri into a rosy tint.
    The 801 has a 60% light transmission.

    The sc700d is less Green than the XP-L2 of the Sc64c and sc5c.

    The 803 has a much better 80% light transmission, and will probably be perfect to correct the tint. Or go with 804 if you want better light transmission.

    Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

  18. #3828
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Fespe View Post
    Yes serching a little bit more maby the 801 is too much. I'm ordering the 802

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk
    I do have to say, I'm VERY sensitive to any green in the tint, so I tend to over compensate with filters, giving me a bit of a rose tint, but that's me, so either an 803 or 802 might be better for you. But do remember, every LED is slightly different, some will be more green and some will be less green. The only constant I've seen is that they ALL seem to be at least a little green.

    That's one of the reasons I suggested you start with the Lee filter swatch book, as it gives you ALL the different levels of correction so that you can find exactly the one that works best for your light.

  19. #3829

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    I do have to say, I'm VERY sensitive to any green in the tint, so I tend to over compensate with filters, giving me a bit of a rose tint, but that's me, so either an 803 or 802 might be better for you. But do remember, every LED is slightly different, some will be more green and some will be less green. The only constant I've seen is that they ALL seem to be at least a little green.

    That's one of the reasons I suggested you start with the Lee filter swatch book, as it gives you ALL the different levels of correction so that you can find exactly the one that works best for your light.
    You are right, mine is pretty green for my eyes. I wanted to get the swatch but I can't find one and they're expensive.

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

  20. #3830
    Flashaholic* Derek Dean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,394

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Fespe View Post
    You are right, mine is pretty green for my eyes. I wanted to get the swatch but I can't find one and they're expensive.

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk
    Yes, I understand. Remember, Roscolux has a swtach book that is basically the same thing as the Lee Filters, and you might be able to find those more easily and at less cost. By the way, something else that works, but is kind of weird..... you can take a pink highlighter pen and color the front of the glass, seriously. I comes off very easily, but if you like how it looks, you can just put clear tape over it to keep it from smudging. Like I said, kind of weird, and definitely not as good as a filter, but it works in a pinch : )

    Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your new light. One of the things I dig about the SC700d is the way the body feels like it's been sculpted, like a piece of art, just amazing quality that feels nice to hold. Definitely one of my favorite lights.

  21. #3831

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Yes, I understand. Remember, Roscolux has a swtach book that is basically the same thing as the Lee Filters, and you might be able to find those more easily and at less cost. By the way, something else that works, but is kind of weird..... you can take a pink highlighter pen and color the front of the glass, seriously. I comes off very easily, but if you like how it looks, you can just put clear tape over it to keep it from smudging. Like I said, kind of weird, and definitely not as good as a filter, but it works in a pinch : )

    Anyway, I hope you're enjoying your new light. One of the things I dig about the SC700d is the way the body feels like it's been sculpted, like a piece of art, just amazing quality that feels nice to hold. Definitely one of my favorite lights.
    I just bought the 803 too. I'm gonna tried them both and see the result.
    I'm too trying different things just for fun, I tried putting a pink rubber glove on the head of the light but it's to rosy. Otherwise I am really satisfied with the sc700d, like I just said the runtime it's awesome even at higher output. I'm not one who test lumen and runtimes but compered to my other 18650 lights it's definitely something else. It's a flooder light so if you like that you would not be disappointed! The weight it's not a problem for me but I'm not walking for hours with it. For real the only cons that I can find is the green tint!

    Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

  22. #3832
    BigusLightus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Down the street from Cree HQ in Durham, NC
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Is anyone else having trouble with the ZebraLight web site?

  23. #3833
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Dean View Post
    Yes, I understand. Remember, Roscolux has a swtach book that is basically the same thing as the Lee Filters, and you might be able to find those more easily and at less cost.....
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...a?sts=pi&pim=Y

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...watchbook.html

    Both of these Rosco swatchbooks are on backorder. I think they have over 200 filters in each book. Not dirt cheap, but $10 per book seems reasonable.

  24. #3834
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,169

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    But they SERIOUSLY need to update their SSL certs. Non secure eCommerce is NOT a good look in 2021
    I agree 100%.

  25. #3835

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Everyone that says "the green/yellow tint is not noticeable is real life" lets me down in the winter, when most things are a white wall (floor). I still like my SC700d though.
    GOOD TINT!

  26. #3836

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Yeah... snow cover is rough for crappy tints. It's also when I notice the purple ring on my SC600w Plus... as mentioned in another post, ZL did remove that coating, so my newer SC600w doesn't have it.

  27. #3837
    Enlightened Luminesce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by BigusLightus View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with the ZebraLight web site?
    I placed an order on the ZL web site on the 17th and they shipped yesterday. Other than the insecure transaction, it seems to be working OK. I didn't buy another SC700 this time and perhaps that is the reason for the quick turn around, as some have found it can take quite a while to get your order filled at times.

  28. #3838
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Everyone that says "the green/yellow tint is not noticeable is real life" lets me down in the winter, when most things are a white wall (floor). I still like my SC700d though.
    Why I like to use my SC64w HI in winter, H600Fc (yellowish) in summer
    Right-angle is the right angle!

  29. #3839

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    I wish I could find one of their 18650 at another dealer. Seems like nobody carries them any more.

    Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

  30. #3840

    Default Re: The Official Zebralight Thread .

    My OCD wonít let me be at peace sooooo iíve modded all my ZLís to 90CRI standard.

    SC5c II - shaved 351D 5000K to match ~4500K and rosy like 219B
    SC64w HI - 90CRI XHP35 4500K
    SC600w HI - 90CRI XHP35 5000K
    SC64 - 90CRI XHP35 5700K
    SC64c LE - 90CRI 219C 5700K






    Sent from Tapatalk

Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118121122123124125126127128129 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •