Peak Eiger question

AmicusCuriae

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new 1 AAA light and I am seriously considering the Eiger. I'm looking to keep it as small as possible - I don't want the momentary cap or any of the keychain attachments so I think the "pocket" body may be my best bet, however I can't seem to find a good picture of the Eiger in aluminum with just the pocket body. If you have one, would you mind sharing a picture?

Thanks!

AC

Norm

Retired Administrator
Picture compliments of Dances with Flashlight .

DSC00200-1.jpg

Eiger, which is shown here next to an Arc AAA:​

AmicusCuriae

Newly Enlightened
Picture compliments of Dances with Flashlight .

DSC00200-1.jpg

Eiger, which is shown here next to an Arc AAA:​

Thanks! I couldn't find a single picture of the pocket body anywhere on the Peak website.

Anyone else have pictures they would be willing to share?

Last edited:

The Municipality

Newly Enlightened
So the if the "pocket" version looks like that, and only the "keychain" model can have the momentary switch, what are these three then? Three different versions of keychain, one of them with a momentary switch? I'm confused by this.

eiger---3.jpg

Norm

Retired Administrator
what are these three then? Three different versions of keychain, one of them with a momentary switch? I'm confused by this.

Shown above from top to bottom, Normal Keychain configuration, Keychain model with push button momentary switch fitted and the Lug version in brass.

Norm

BriteLite2

Enlightened
I think that pic of thepocket body Eiger is a Mule head also. so tht makes it even shorter. If you get a standard Eiger head it will be a little longer

AmicusCuriae

Newly Enlightened
So the if the "pocket" version looks like that, and only the "keychain" model can have the momentary switch, what are these three then? Three different versions of keychain, one of them with a momentary switch? I'm confused by this.

eiger---3.jpg

That is exactly what prompted my question as well. The website doesn't do the best job of explaining all the options and showing pictures of everything.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first thread (product lineup) in the Peak sub forum shows all of the bodies, but they are the old Matterhorn ones. The Eiger is an updated Matterhorn, and Newer bodies are very slightly longer, due to the QTC.

The Municipality

Newly Enlightened
So what makes the "keychain" version different from the "lug" version, seeing as they both have keychain rings?

The Municipality

Newly Enlightened
Gotcha.

The first thread (product lineup) in the Peak sub forum shows all of the bodies, but they are the old Matterhorn ones. The Eiger is an updated Matterhorn, and Newer bodies are very slightly longer, due to the QTC.

That thread is more confusing than their website.