Brand new Nitecore EA41 (2015 edition) died tonight after having it for a week

Just posting this as an FYI in case there starts to be a pattern of these cropping up. I received a brand new 2015 EA41 as a Christmas gift about a week ago. Have used it off and on to get a feel for it and make sure it works well. Tonight while using it the emitter all of a sudden went very dim (lower than the lowest setting) and flickered for about a minute and then stopped working all together. After fooling around with the buttons to try and get it going again I took the end cap off and re installed that to no avail. I then swapped out the batteries (duraloops) and had no luck. The only thing it will do is very rarely flicker the emitter and the blue indicator light in the on/off and mode switch is blinking rapidly, then occasionally, then not at all and back again. Currently having a seizure.

I'm guessing that something in the circuitry failed or the emitter. I have an RMA request in to Battery junction where the light was purchased (although I think having to pay return shipping for a defect is BS, but their policy) so I'm sure they'll replace it once I return it.

Hopefully the new one lasts and this isn't a sign of things to come or an issue with this model. I own numerous other Nitecore products and have been 100% satisfied so far, hopefully this is just a rare dud but they happen with any manufacturer.

Up until it died I was very impressed with it, as I have been with all my AA Nitecore lights.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NiteCore curse strikes again!

BJ took care of me when my SWM V10R stopped working on primaries a year after purchasing it from them. They ended up sending me the new V11R when the light couldn't be fixed, or replaced.

Chris

rivermobster

Newly Enlightened
I got a CR6 just before Christmas from REI outlet online. Used it out in the desert over New Years and so far it seems good. I bought the Nitecore battery and charger online as well.

I bought the exact battery the Nitecore site recommended. Seemed like a good idea? :shrug:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NiteCore curse strikes again!

BJ took care of me when my SWM V10R stopped working on primaries a year after purchasing it from them. They ended up sending me the new V11R when the light couldn't be fixed, or replaced.

Chris

I always catch flack, but this is a common thing with them. I had 2 and 2 stopped working properly. :shrug: Thread after thread, year after year....

Bushman5

Enlightened
^ me too. My Caveman lasted a month........then crapped out.

i'm done with them.

going to tear mine down and try hand at rebuilding it....although i know NOTHING about flashlight electronics (hahaha)

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ me too. My Caveman lasted a month........then crapped out.

i'm done with them.

going to tear mine down and try hand at rebuilding it....although i know NOTHING about flashlight electronics (hahaha)

I'd just gut it and use it for a waterproof battery holder. :whistle:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm.....8 "AA"s, and gut the reflector.....one could stuff about 12 "AAA"s in that space......

Yeah, you could even go nuts and replace the glass with some cool looking PVC sheeting or something.

We might be on to a business idea here. We'd have plenty of battery holders to work with.:crackup:

OK I'll stop now, Im on the border line...