Coordinated CPF'r Effort

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened
Coordinated CPF\'r Effort

If all of the members of this forum were to get together at a predetermined time and shine a light or two skyward, do you think the space station residents could see it if they were over a particular continent?

Tomas

Banned
Re: Coordinated CPF\'r Effort

Perhaps if we were all together at one spot and coordinated an on/off flashing we probably could be seen with minor optics, but otherwise we'd just dosappear into the overall nightime lights and the "flickering" and distortions caused by air movements.

Now if you could arrange to turn, say, Los Angeles on and off in a pattern, I'm SURE it would be noticed from space ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

T_sig6.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

if it were somewhere without alotta light pollution, and ALL the members of CPF got 2gether with some nice lights, then i think it'd be seen pretty easily from space..

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe one of the poles or perhaps Greenland? But then we might have to worry about melting something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

-Mike

Rebus

Enlightened

Springnr, Is that an actual picture or
a simulation? What do you know about it?

-Rebus

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

It would have to be foggy too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a nice photo! And I'm glad to say that M'sia isn't too shabby as well.. guess we do have quite a number of flashaholics here then... Oh, you mean those aren't flashlight beams? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif