TigerLight Charger

Manila

Newly Enlightened
To the Tigerlight owners,

just received my TigerLight flashlight and was wondering if the charger light is supposed to turn green when the batteries are fully charged.

I charged my new flashlight for over 12-hours and yet the charger still shows a "red" light.

just wanted to check if the light is supposed to turn "green" when done charging

Thanks!

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Manila said:
To the Tigerlight owners,

just received my TigerLight flashlight and was wondering if the charger light is supposed to turn green when the batteries are fully charged.

I charged my new flashlight for over 12-hours and yet the charger still shows a "red" light.

just wanted to check if the light is supposed to turn "green" when done charging

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I too have a Tigerlight and as long as the Light remains in the charging cradle the light will remain red, regardless if the light is fully charged or not.

Twelve hours on the charger it is fully charged, enjoy...

Dave

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Ross said:
You can just leave it on the charger, as least thats what its designed to do. Good choice of light!

Ross

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's not exactly correct. Mr. Teig recommends removing it from the charger when it's fully charged, and then topping it off every week or so -- assuming you're not using it. If you use it every day you could let it live in the charger.

However, that said, you certainly CAN leave it in the charger all the time. It's not the best thing for the battery, but it will take it for a very long time (i.e. more than a year). The point is that the light was NOT designed to be left in the charger all the time. If you're trying to get the most life out of the battery, then take it off the charger after 10 hours. The battery looses about 1-2 percent per day, so I top mine off at least every two weeks if it sits unused (which is rare).

And also, as was pointed out, the light only indicates that the charger is charging the battery, and not that the battery is at any particular level of charge.