Making a traffic cone?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking about how to make a traffic cone. Originally though about using an E2e, but I didnt think it had a long enough burn time. L4 maybe? Would an ARC LS be bright enough? Any ideas about what materials would make a good traffic cone?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglight, cheap to feed, crappy, quickly dimming beam is of no importance in this application.

GregR

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
For something small yet visible (when waving) I have taken the red top from a can of butane, and put it on my TTL2. It fits perfectly, is small enought to keep in little travel case, and yet can be seen very well. Even in the LED mode. Now this is not a full size cone, but if you are awake when driving you can see this little red top waving from quite a distance at night.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I apologize in advance for twisting the topic.

I like the KL3 and KL5 for traffic cone lights. Long run times, without dimming, make them perfect. They both use the inexpensive F68 traffic cone. The KL3+F68 is best for very long runtimes (up to 7+ hours) and lower background lighting (little traffic). The KL5+F68 is best for situations where there is more background lighting (heavy traffic) and runs 65 minutes without dimming.
oldgrandpajack

EDIT: Both can also be run on rechargeable AA NiMH batteries using A19 extensions.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
what about some frosted acrylic or polycarb rod with some sort of coupler made of pvc. u can frost the acrylic with some sand paper in a pinch. might want to try some colored acrylic or use clear with a colored LED light

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Cyclops942 said:
Go for the 6-C M@g">M@g</a> with the standard <a href="mailto:M@g traffic cone. That way, if some bozo still comes too close to you, you can at least leave a mark on his vehicle as he runs you over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One night, I had an Inova 24/7 flashing on my belt and a KL3 with traffic wand in my hand. Almost got hit by that bozo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
oldgrandpajack

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi my son got new grips for his bike for a birthday present. We got him a new bike for Christmas one of those mountain bikes with 21 speeds. I digress; the grips are clear blue plastic. I snatched up my Inova 5 and Voila! It fits in the end of the grip (shaped like A Cobra) so we got A blue cone that I cut the end out of so we still get A beam as well!!!
Topper
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the PILA GL2R with the LED tail cap. I slightly modified the traffic cone that fits the Surefire G2. Long burn time and enough output to direct traffic.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Cyclops942 said:
Go for the 6-C M@g">M@g</a> with the standard <a href="mailto:M@g traffic cone. That way, if some bozo still comes too close to you, you can at least leave a mark on his vehicle as he runs you over! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that you Tony? I had a Security officer (now SJPD) that lost a pair of MY handcuffs that way. Tossed them at a shoplifters car and they went through and broke the rear side window. He said "gee boss I was just trying to mark the car for the police".

Nice Peerless Black one's too. Aw well the ex bought me a pair of them lightwieght one's.

GregR

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
I'd think that the LEDLenser lightsaber would be the ultimate in traffic signalling devices! Otherwise, what are you doing? If you plan to direct traffic around a stationary situation, I'd think traffic triangles would be standard issue (about the size and weight of a 4D Mag.)