Fenix E41 - Flicker low mode

jb123

Newly Enlightened
I just got myself one of these. Fantastic torch, but there is a noticeable flicker when on lowest setting. I have used rechargeable and standard alkaline AA's with the same result. It looks like the power regulator is not working properly. All the other modes are fine. Anybody else have this torch? Is it normal or should i send it back for a replacement?

jb123

Newly Enlightened
If others do it too there seems no point in sending it back for replacement. If anybody else can confirm that their exact same model does the same would be helpful.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got myself one of these. Fantastic torch, but there is a noticeable flicker when on lowest setting. I have used rechargeable and standard alkaline AA's with the same result. It looks like the power regulator is not working properly. All the other modes are fine. Anybody else have this torch? Is it normal or should i send it back for a replacement?

:welcome:

I'd send it back. If it annoys you and doesn't say " Flicker on low mode" in the specs..... :thumbsdow

wrf

Newly Enlightened
If others do it too there seems no point in sending it back for replacement. If anybody else can confirm that their exact same model does the same would be helpful.

I just opened my new E41, put in the included alkaline batteries, and I cannot discern visually any flicker on low.
I see selfbuilt's LD60 review (a Fenix model that also features an electronic switch) scoped a "signal" component/waveform that seems to get lower in frequency the lower the output goes.
For me and my E41 with brand new batteries though, I don't see any flicker.

jb123

Newly Enlightened
I just opened my new E41, put in the included alkaline batteries, and I cannot discern visually any flicker on low.
I see selfbuilt's LD60 review (a Fenix model that also features an electronic switch) scoped a "signal" component/waveform that seems to get lower in frequency the lower the output goes.
For me and my E41 with brand new batteries though, I don't see any flicker.

Ok cheers. Tried to capture on film, but camera cant pick it up. Definitely visible with naked eye. I will contact where i bought from and see what they say.

jb123

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

I'd send it back. If it annoys you and doesn't say " Flicker on low mode" in the specs..... :thumbsdow

I think your right, a friend who is also into flashlights could clearly see the flicker in daytime. I have emailed the retailer, see what they say. It's a lot of money and doesn't quite gel with the build quality.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your right, a friend who is also into flashlights could clearly see the flicker in daytime. I have emailed the retailer, see what they say. It's a lot of money and doesn't quite gel with the build quality.

Absolutely, I had this problem 3 times in a row with a different light. Sometimes a batch comes out with finicky software, an odd solder, ect....

evivbulgroz

Newly Enlightened
I have the same thing too on low mode.
It seems to be the same thing as the hl55.

Last edited: