Faux Surefires on ebay. How bad are they?

Neko2

Newly Enlightened
I've been wanting a surefire but havent wanted to drop a bunch of cash on another flashlight. I ran across this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3650579039&category=36258

I know it's crap but I'd like to know just how bad is it. It seems like it would at least be better than your average mag-lite in light output...
So does anyone have any experience with knockoffs like these?

Thanks,

N2

paulr

Flashaholic
If you want a cheap 2 cell xenon light the best bet is the Dorcy Spyder at about $15.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
That thing will cost $20 with shipping for $10 more you can get a G2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sharp

Enlightened
I know these lights. I got a Spanish version of this and it really sucks. Light output isn't any near to SureFires' and aren't tough at all. I once dropped mine from shoulder height and then noticed a crack on the tailcap. Mine isn't even waterPROOF. Now, I don't know about this Chinese fake but I'm pretty sure they're the same thing...

Richard

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, I'd still go with a G2, for a couple extra bucks, you'll get the real McCoy. After including shipping, the price is very close, and with a G2 you'll get an aluminum reflector and a real warranty.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I believe I handled one of these before and it really sucks big time. The head of light is WAY heavy, I guess it's made of steel or sth. And the push button is a joke. No comments on the beam.

jhereg

Enlightened
I bought 3 of them in a dutch auction on Ebay. They are fairly bright, but the beam is horrible. Lots of rings. I modified a surefire P60 LA to fit in one. Am planning on converting another one to a Luxeon one of these days. I just won one of the luxeon clones on Ebay, so I may put that in. I think they make a decent host if you can get them cheap enough , but they have gone up quite a bit from the $5 they were going for when I bought mine.

Andy

edited to add. Their diagram is different from my light. I have a threaded aluminum disc in the light that holds the bulb. They show a LA similar to a surefire.