Sinner Vinz custom lights

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Hi, folks!

It has been a long time since I have shown the last creation or modification. Mainly, because I'm working on something big, which will be released in a few months! :)

But following at least a small mod, which I did for a member of the CPF.

They are sinner custom hosts, modified by myself and equipped with some technical blinb-bling! :)

Cu-host:

Triple XM-L2, de-domed and "diamont treated" for a less greenish tint and slightly higher output. Direct soldered to the copper heat sink. Over 10 amps on high (depending on the cell). Of course, with overheat protection.

Ti-host:

De-domed XM-L2 U3, "diamond treated", for a nice cool white binning without tintshift into green, even at low currents. Equipped with a clear TIR, which was modified to fit the lover focus point of the de-domed LED. Plus a deep red stand by LED. With overheat protection, too. The result is a quite powerful thrower for it's size, with tactical qualities. There is a bright spot, surrounded by a corona twice the size and a very weak spill. Most of the light is into the spot.

Both have the same Interface:

There are four main groups, which can be activated by 7,8,9 and 10 fast clicks. A red stand-by blink mode on the Ti-host can be activated with 5 fast clicks and a voltage monitoring feature with 6 fast clicks.

The mode groups are:

EDC
(Every Day Carry): Moon - Low - Medium - High
(starts always on "moon" if the light was off for more than 0,7 seconds and mutes the moon mode if you circle through the modes.)

Regular Mode Memory: Low - Medium - High
(saves the last used mode if the light was off for more than 0,7 seconds.)

Police / Law Enforcement: High - Medium - Low
(starts always on high if the light was off for more than 0,5 seconds)

Tactical: High - Hidden Strobe
(the strobe can be activated with a fast double click und uses a mode memory. So you can directly start with strobe, if needed. A short interrupt within 0.5 seconds brings you back to the high mode)

Sinner1_zpsc81bc198.jpg

Sinner2_zps8faed74d.jpg

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
The red LED on the Ti-host is just for "locator". A continuous run would make no sense, since the second LED is mounted at the side of the TIR, which wouldn't create a nice beam.

oal

Newly Enlightened
Vinz put these together for me and I have to say they are absolute masterpieces. Everything that everyone says about him is true. He is an artist at working with light, and an absolute pleasure to work with, especially for someone like me who knows what he wants but without a lot of technical knowledge.

I asked for the Ti host to be as throwy as possible and the tri Cu to be a wall of light. Mission accomplished! The copper host was a bit rough After its various trips and vinz polished it up like a mirror. I could not be more pleased with these two lights. I vastly prefer them over any of the other lights (custom and otherwise) I have owned.

I can't thank Vinz enough for taking the time to fit me into his busy schedule and making these for me.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
The red LED on the Ti-host is just for "locator". A continuous run would make no sense, since the second LED is mounted at the side of the TIR, which wouldn't create a nice beam.

Dim reading light? I've had good and bad results with an off-center LED behind a TIR. I found that a white "TIR Chamber" gave good results with both glow powder and side LEDs to make a less-mangled beam pattern through the TIR.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is "Diamont treated"? Can you provide a description and instructions. I hate the greenish tint all my dedomed XML2s have and would love anything that can get rid of the green without compromising the throw.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Hey Vinz, what`s that "something big" you are talking about? really curious.

also, how did you get the sharp looking copper polished?