My Lumintop TD15 just died...

Neo9710

Newly Enlightened
I thought I'd share. Bought my Lumintop TD15 back in 2011 and it just died. I primarily use this as my backup light or when I need some extra lumens that my main worklight doesnt have. It almost looks brand new...:ironic: So contacted Lumintop and they gave me the typical tests....clean the contacts..Remove the tailcap and short the end of the battery with the end of the tube ..yadda yadda yadda.. No go. Of course the warranty states.. "Lumintop warrants our flashlights to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, including any LEDs housed within, for the lifetime of the original owner.." with the " Normal wear and tear (including lamps burning out, headbands and headpads wearing out, batteries draining, and switches wearing out) is not covered, nor is damage resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, battery damage, use of incorrect batteries or accessories, or altering these products from their original state. Parts and accessories for illumination tools are not covered by this warranty"..

This light received limited use and my other lights have taken a lot more abuse. I guess I am just a little dissappointed and thought this light would last a while longer..Just thougth I'd share...

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep hasling lumintop they should fix it for you, I find a lot of these companies will do it but make it a bit difficult because most people just walk away and that saves lumintop money. They will fix it though just keep them in discusions.....

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it looks like they tried to diagnose it with you but you never actually tell us what they end up saying about it?

I am assuming they told you they are done but since you don't say so I am just guessing?

Here is what I would do,NEVER buy anything from them again and tell everyone I could about the service,if that is what happened?

I have one of their lights and do not plan on getting anymore based on this first one,mine is crap.

Neo9710

Newly Enlightened
So it looks like they tried to diagnose it with you but you never actually tell us what they end up saying about it?

I am assuming they told you they are done but since you don't say so I am just guessing?

Here is what I would do,NEVER buy anything from them again and tell everyone I could about the service,if that is what happened?

I have one of their lights and do not plan on getting anymore based on this first one,mine is crap.

AVService - Sorry about the LATE LATE reply! I didnt even see that there was any response! Heres the list they gave me of things to check;

Hi James,
Hope you had a nice weekend.

here are some tips.
1 –Check the battery polarity (most often positive towards the head, but not always)

2 - Make sure all parts are screwed in all the way. ( disassemble and re-assemble all of them if applicable.)

3 - Try a new non-rechargeable battery.

4 - Clean all contacts: inside the head, spring(s), tube ends and threads. (Rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip work fine.)
4A - For twisties and lights that have erratic behavior: check if your o-rings are not creating too much friction (too dry or too big) or not enough tension (too small). Big o-rings can prevent contact, small o-rings can make contacts happen when not desired, causing flickers or undesired mode changes.

5 - Remove the tailcap and short the end of the battery with the end of the tube (a paper clip or tweezer works just fine).
5A - If this works: tighten the tailcap retainer ring (note that some are reverse threaded).
5B - If tightening the retainer ring doesn't work,then dismantle the switch, clean all contacts inside the switch area and reassemble.
5C - If this does not fix the problem, but the light comes on when you short the battery and the tube end, you most likely have a defective switch.

If you can open the flashlight head, use DMM's two pins to contact the LED star + -poles,the LED will give out a dim light,if it works.

Basically, it was out of warranty and I was out of luck. I had to pay for shipping, the repair work and the shipping back. Out of warranty and its overseas? yeah right.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
"If you can open the flashlight head, use DMM's two pins to contact the LED star + -poles,the LED will give out a dim light,if it works. "

What? I would ask them to mail you a DMM so you can rule out an LED failure.

Last edited:

Lumintop Flashlight

Newly Enlightened
I thought I'd share. Bought my Lumintop TD15 back in 2011 and it just died. I primarily use this as my backup light or when I need some extra lumens that my main worklight doesnt have. It almost looks brand new...:ironic: So contacted Lumintop and they gave me the typical tests....clean the contacts..Remove the tailcap and short the end of the battery with the end of the tube ..yadda yadda yadda.. No go. Of course the warranty states.. "Lumintop warrants our flashlights to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, including any LEDs housed within, for the lifetime of the original owner.." with the " Normal wear and tear (including lamps burning out, headbands and headpads wearing out, batteries draining, and switches wearing out) is not covered, nor is damage resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, battery damage, use of incorrect batteries or accessories, or altering these products from their original state. Parts and accessories for illumination tools are not covered by this warranty"..

This light received limited use and my other lights have taken a lot more abuse. I guess I am just a little dissappointed and thought this light would last a while longer..Just thougth I'd share...

Would you like to send it back to us to check and we can repair it for free