Terralux Magcharger LED upgrade

hblock72

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. First post here, so be gentle. Great site. I didn't realize how much I didn't know about flashlights.

Anyway, in an effort to bring some new life into my old magcharger (that's around 25 years old and I thought I had lost but found in a moving box), I ordered a new NiHM battery pack and also got the Terralux TLE-310MR-EX LED upgrade at the same time. I'm actually having a "tiny bit" of buyers remorse after reading this site and realizing I could have gotten a whole new, and much better light for what the upgrade cost me, but I doubt I could have let the carcass of the magcharger just lay there useless anyway, so I'll be looking for a new light soon, but that's for another post. So far I'm happy with the new life that has been breathed into the magcharger with the new parts. My question though is how do you get through the different modes of the light? If I just press the button on the light it seems to cycle though the modes quite nicely....press, high, press, med, press, low. If I click through the modes it seems rather random. Sometimes the same mode seems to come up twice, or sometimes it seems to skip a mode. This is becoming rather annoying and I was hoping someone else with this set-up could offer some advice??? I'm tempted to just unscrew the lens and set the internal switch on the Terralux to single (high) mode, but that defeats the purpose of being able to use lower light levels when needed and conserve battery life, which is a feature I was keen on. Thanks for any advice.