Pr2 led drop in suggestions

AJMAUDIO

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, long time no see. I see some names I remember around here lol... anyhow.. wanted to drop in and ask for a bit of help. I have been out of the loop for a bit and need to find a good pr2 led with moderate output and GREAT run time for a 4aa light I will be dropping in my BOB. Its an old Princeton Tech 40... good simple light to toss in a car or bag Im thinking.. any help is appreciated!

Poppy

Flashaholic
Rayovac and dorsey each make a pR2 LED replacement for 6V lanterns/3-4Cell maglights. IIRC 40 lumens? I don't know how efficient it is, but at only 40 lumens, you should get a pretty decent run-time on four AA batteries.

AJMAUDIO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that... anyone have any other ideas? Runtimes on any models.. I know pr2 is lame these days but hey... better than throwing away a decent host.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that... anyone have any other ideas? Runtimes on any models.. I know pr2 is lame these days but hey... better than throwing away a decent host.

Lame? Nah! My fave mule runs a Nite Ize on Dx2. Its still on the original set of batteries since I dropped it in! I expect the Ds to alkaleak long before they run dry.

Serious runtime. Wow.

AJMAUDIO

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at that nite ize bulb.. I guess your happy with it? the 2-6 cell one?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. One drop in for pretty much any D incan host. Output isn't hot stuff, but man does it run and run...

Would buy again.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you know you can jack with that host and make it a p60? You'll need a shim, no modding to the host itself.

I've got one of those modded to P60 config and pretty much did the other thing you said. :) Fulton.

Also Dx2 is the exact same as AAx2, same voltage, only a different size and capacity.

We have the same mind, Mr. OM.

Great stuff! :)

Latest posts