M3LT 400 Vs 800 Vs 1000 lumen

cdaMONSTERS

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for some insight on the beam characteristics of these different versions. I have searched for a few hours, but I can't really find any decisive conclusions. I want a narrow beam without a lot of spill so it is easier to see off in the distance. If anyone has any experience with more than one version, or knows where I can find good beamshots, I would appreciate it. At the moment I think I am leaning towards the 400 lumen MCE version, but that just seems so wrong. Thanks everyone!

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the 400 & 800 lumen versions. The 800 lumen version with the original style TIR optic throws very far, more than the 400 lumen version.

The older style optic is the one where you cannot see the led die, the newer style is different and you can see the led die. This type produces more spill.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Lodogg2221

Newly Enlightened
I had both the full lens and the newer open lens 800 M3LT, and oddly enough, the newer one with more spill, had a tighter, more intense center beam. It would illuminant everything the older one would.
Is one better? No idea. I did sell the newer M3LT-S and a couple other lights though, and ordered the newest 1000 lumen, so I guess Ill find out.
I do run them on 17500s too, so that may affect output vs primaries, if you are after initial max output.

BTW, I looked around forever before buying, and couldnt find anything either.