kj2

Flashaholic
sgo58w.jpg
33jmiic.jpg

25g4biu.jpg
4ub98k.jpg

Jaegerbomb

Newly Enlightened
I love the build quality from Olight, specs, performance etc... but I just can't take to the design on a lot of their Baton lights...
Maybe it's just me, but I want a good 'looking' light also

kj2

Flashaholic
I love the build quality from Olight, specs, performance etc... but I just can't take to the design on a lot of their Baton lights...
Maybe it's just me, but I want a good 'looking' light also
The Baton-series light are straight forward lights. Not much going on at the exterior of the light. I think the 'simplicity' of design makes
it a light for most people. It also sits more comfortable in your pocket/pants with a smooth body. At least, that's how I'm looking at it :)

Jaegerbomb

Newly Enlightened
Oh no, I do appreciate that, as said they are functionally excellent lights, they just leave me wanting something else though... even if with lower specs
Maybe I'm just picky... but I'd like something stylish to wear haha

I do love Olight flashlights though... excellent builds, I wonder how long before we start getting higher capacity batteries or a new led version though as most manufacturers can only 'tweek' their designs so far...

Javora

Enlightened
Does this light have a rear clicky? Would have preferred a sub lumen mode but the spacing between modes look good. Wish they put the side button towards the rear of the light.

kj2

Flashaholic
Does this light have a rear clicky? Would have preferred a sub lumen mode but the spacing between modes look good. Wish they put the side button towards the rear of the light.
As you can see on the first picture, it doesn't have rear-clicky.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would think that Olight would have released this light before its rechargeable counterpart.

Utew

Newly Enlightened
...or not released it at all. I'm not sure I get the point of offering this and the "R" version too.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
...or not released it at all. I'm not sure I get the point of offering this and the "R" version too.

Because some of us, if not most, own high end chargers and want to charge our batteries in them. Another reason is safety. Charging volatile Li-ion's in basically a pipe bomb is not a good idea if you ask me. But, some dont own chargers and are ok with the risks and go with the R versions.

Utew

Newly Enlightened
Just for clarification, I have the S30R version. The included Olight 3400mah 18650 charges fine with the included mini-dock or you can remove it and charge it using an external charger. It doesn't take a proprietary battery, if it did then I could see your point and two different models of the S30 would make sense. =)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for clarification, I have the S30R version. The included Olight 3400mah 18650 charges fine with the included mini-dock or you can remove it and charge it using an external charger. It doesn't take a proprietary battery, if it did then I could see your point and two different models of the S30 would make sense. =)

Can you remove the magnet in the R version? Its longer no? Must be heavier too? Then there is the more complicated electronics probably making it less reliable(more to go wrong/fail) Plus, why pay for the dock and cell when you dont need them? I myself would rather the non R model and am glad they finally offer the S30 in a non R version too.

Javora

Enlightened
As you can see on the first picture, it doesn't have rear-clicky.

Thanks. When I first saw the picture I thought I was seeing one of those silent switch that one of these companies use.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. When I first saw the picture I thought I was seeing one of those silent switch that one of these companies use.

That would have been a great idea, like on the ST25.