Are you weak for Flashlight Dealer Email Blasts?

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
It happened again yesterday, one of the big name ecommerce dealers (I love'm and send them a bunch of my money) sent me a slick designed email flyer with a coupon code. I've been on overdrive researching chargers lately so I'm not in the market for another light. I opened up the email and was intrigued by the new 2X AA Sunwayman D20A that comes with the dedicated red LED and stacks the batteries in parallel to give what looks like a comfortable large pack of gum form factor. I got all the way to putting in the coupon code then started wondering what in the world was I going to do with another 2xAA light or the red led. I fortunately was interrupted with a phone call, resisted and backed out but now it's on my Amazon Wish List where I keep track of everything. I rarely buy lights form AMZ but it's a great place for wish listing. In other words I'll probably order D20A by the end of the week:thumbsup:

Marketing is brilliant or I'm a sucker, probably more the latter.

Anyone else impulse buy like that?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thankfully I am cured of the silly curse of buying another tube and bulb.Quite happy with using 4 or 5 out of my collection the rest can rot for all I care.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman D20A

Got one. Love it. The red is smooth, floody, and very nice. The white has a spot and is more of a throw. Low modes are useful. Belt clip is functional. Such an odd light. Bit bigger than a pack of gum, though. It's more like cigarette pack-sized. It's more comfortable to take a nap laying upon it on your belt than a round light.

The D20A Gemini fits in a 100s cigarette pack with room for 2 AA batts! :twothumbs

Cons:
Parasitic drain unless you pull the cells.
Hiding it in a cig pack causes accidental on unless you pull the cells.
Lockout works, but the same stuff that causes accidental on will accidentally open the lockout.
They don't come in white/green.
Needs a laser.

Super groovy light! Should bought it :) :poke:

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
No because I've followed the fluctuations enough to notice the regular price they usually offer it for is lower than the starting price they take the % off from, so it usually doesn't make enough of a difference to me to swing an impulse.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely was an impulse buyer early on, when I first discovered CPF and modern LED lights. Now that I have enough lights to cover every conceivable need (and a few more) I am no longer susceptible to that type of marketing.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try not to read them unless I am looking for a certain light or it is around the holidays.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I would unsubscribe altogether if I was tempted to purchase from mailing lists. It's like any other addiction, you have to think through it to beat it.

For example, an inner dialog would go something like "The last light I bought I didn't need but it was fun to play with, now it sits on a shelf and I wish I had that $200. This light looks awesome, but really I have lights I don't even use and this will likely just add to that problem."

You know what light I own now?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-keylight-custom.html

No joke, I got it with a bunch of CR123 batteries in anticipation of a though out P3X purchase. Although by this afternoon I will have a "collection" of this & the P3X.

Last edited: