ZL S6330 update

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Emailed zebralight this is what I got back.

Request Details back to my account

Zebralight S6330
Date Opened: 1/13/2015
Department: Customer Service
Opened by: Customer
Last Action Date: 1/14/2015

User/DateMessage
Customer
1/13/2015 7:51:07 PM

Any ETA on a new version?

Staff (Administrator)
1/14/2015 8:52:11 AM

Finished R&D (prototype), but sitll no production dates in sight.

Subject:Zebralight S6330

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Rod911

Enlightened
I've always wondered why they never released a neutral white version of this light. I had to go and buy a customised version from Vinh in order to get the neutral tint I wanted.

The light itself and its features were typical ZL quality. IIRC, the only hang-up I read about it was here in CPF where people were commenting on its "flimsy" lanyard ring. Personally speaking, I've had no issues with it. Protected batteries were a tight fit, but what flashlight (then and now) you can use cells of differing voltages without [much] fear of it going boom?

I say re-release the light in neutral white (S6330w) and see it fly off the shelves. I mean, have a look at Vinh's modded S6330. He and those who are on-selling theirs, can charge a pretty penny for them and still find them being sold quickly!

Last edited:

oneinthaair

Enlightened
I talked to Vinh and he has one but its in the $450 range just a little more then I wanted to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

kj2

Flashaholic
Asked them three times, last year if they would bring out an update. First the answer was 'probably', later it was 'no'.

tonkem

Enlightened
I asked last month. Got a response today. They just said "no update" on plans to produce what they called s6330 II. Still a chance.

fnsooner

Enlightened
I wonder if the Noctigon M43 Meteor caused Zebralight to delay/cancel their plans to release the S6330. I don't think that two hundred dollar pop can lights are the best of sellers anyways. With the Meteor, and to some extent the Eagletac MX30L4XC, the market got crowded in 2015.

tonkem

Enlightened
The Meteor is a nice light, but is heavier and bigger around then the 6330. I still prefer the 6330 to carry, but they are close. I am still hopeful they release another one, as I like the fact that each battery only powers 1 LED....

I wonder if the Noctigon M43 Meteor caused Zebralight to delay/cancel their plans to release the S6330. I don't think that two hundred dollar pop can lights are the best of sellers anyways. With the Meteor, and to some extent the Eagletac MX30L4XC, the market got crowded in 2015.

fnsooner

Enlightened
I missed out on the S6330. I wasn't paying as much attention to these forums when it came out. I knew it was available though and was going to get one when the neutral came out. The next thing I knew, it was dropped from the line-up and no neutral was ever offered.

A new S6330 would have to be pretty special for me to purchase one though. I now own two of the Meteors and one of the Eagletacs. A 4000 to 5000 lumen Hi CRI variant would definitely get my attention.