Ultrafire C6 T60. 2nd one dead after ten minutes?

Shady@best

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I have recently gotten into high end flashlights. I have a few olights, streamlights, and fenix's. But the flashlight that sort of got me looking at led flashlights was the c6. I honestly got into building lasers first and it has now become a flashlight thing. I would use the ultrafire c6 shell as the host for the lasers.

I decided to buy an actual working ultrafire c6. I had my concerns since its a 20$ flashlight. The first c6 arrived and I threw a 18650 in it and took it outside. It seemed to preform well. The next day i was using it to take out the trash and the light stopped working. I emailed the place i bought it from and they sent me a new one. Well after about ten mins the second one stopped working.
Now I have two non working c6 and am wondering what I can do with them besides building lasers out of them. I have seen post where people say that they have bad solders. I have visually checked and I see nothing. I guess i will hit it with the volt meter.

I would really like to get these things up and running if possibly. Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edit First a question: What batteries are you using? Are they known good in another light? Defective cells happen.

Basic troubleshooting.

Step one. Bypass the switch. If the light lights, then that's your problem.
Step two. Make sure your pill is not loose.

These two things seem to account for about 80% of my failed lights.

Step three. Reflow solder to LED, maybe they messed that up.
Step four. Bypass driver circuit with another one.

Unfortunately, if you have a working one of the same model then that helps a lot so you can simply swap a "known good" switch, etc.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts