*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

Aperture

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange indeed?
The T1A is one of my favorite lights still.

If this one is not variable I am not sure why they call it a Titan?

Aperture

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I found that one odd. Only 2 hours at 15 lumens?
Sounds a bit on the short side indeed, lets wait for the official specs from the mothership.

And of course also eagerly awaiting the Surefire 2015 video to see what more good things are coming, or not ;)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek:oo: :drool::faint:

I can't believe it.

Yeah, I found that one odd. Only 2 hours at 15 lumens?

Strange indeed?
The T1A is one of my favorite lights still.

If this one is not variable I am not sure why they call it a Titan?

Surely thats a misprint, about low runtime, and hopefully about lowest level entirely. And Idk about continuously variable, but maybe it's a positive sign that it's like the originals in that you turn this one counterclockwise for on & to increase level, tighten-for-off. Depending on price I might have to make a no-tailstanding rule exception. I've been begging for an aa Titan for years. Close enough.

Enlightened
This looks awesome when's it due out? I hope its not vapor ware

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh. Never thought I'd see a Surefire AAA light. Standing by for details, and more importantly, pricing.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is a joke:laughing:. The run times are absolutely horrible. WTH Surefire, did you buy your driver/emitter from a 1990's yard sale or what? 30min at 125lumens and 2 hours on 15 lumens lol. My $30 Thrunite Ti gets 6.3hours at 12 lumens, 1 hour at 162lumens, and also has 2 more modes and memory. I bet they want $200+ for it too. They make tough lights but, are kind of a ripoff/joke at the same time imo:shakehead

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Logically, the light should have 60 lumen hours...so if it is 15 lumens, it should run for at least 4 hours...
so its really really inefficient on low ?

I like the look of it, and enjoy surefires build quality, but this looks like a dud due to the short runtimes, and probably the normal SF blue tint
i would love to see a "vision" version though, with 15 and 100 lumens - but then i have had a Aeon for 3 years that has a neutral tint, 15/100 outputs, and silly runtimes on a CR2 (40hrs/90mins) from the much higher energy density of the tiny CR2 cell

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
could someone post a pic here work won't let me got to the site and my google fu is not working well.
tia
Chris

FroggyTaco

Flashlight Enthusiast
could someone post a pic here work won't let me got to the site and my google fu is not working well.
tia
Chris

Done

surefire_titan-a_F2_zpsd297f1ff.jpg

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
This light is a joke:laughing:. The run times are absolutely horrible. WTH Surefire, did you buy your driver/emitter from a 1990's yard sale or what? 30min at 125lumens and 2 hours on 15 lumens lol. My $30 Thrunite Ti gets 6.3hours at 12 lumens, 1 hour at 162lumens, and also has 2 more modes and memory. I bet they want $200+ for it too. They make tough lights but, are kind of a ripoff/joke at the same time imo:shakehead

I'm wondering if the runtime would be longer with a primary instead of a rechargeable? In either case, I do like the current control Surefire uses. PWM gives me eye and headaches...

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
I am betting that is a typo with the 2hr run-time. Nice looking light, if it is not retardedly expensive I will most likely get one since I am a surefire fanboi.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Straight from SureFire ( OFFICIAL SPECS PENDING SHOT SHOW ):

2 versions

1) AAA 125Lumens - 30 Minutes 15 Lumens - 45Hrs

2) AAA 300 Lumens - ? Minutes 15 Lumesn - 2 Hrs

Other info:

Final specs pending shot show.

2 Versions confirmed.

Currently mentioned power sources Alkaline & NiHM, no word yet on Lithium Primaries.