Olight M2X-UT Javelot Vs. Nitecore MH25 (How Much Further Does The M2X-UT Throw?)

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Nitecore MH25, but I am also thinking of buying the Olight M2X-UT Javelot to add to my collection. How do I compare the throw of these lights to one another? The corporate website for the MH25 shows 310 meters (Beam Distance). The Olight website shows the M2X-UT Javelot as 2675 ft / 810meters. So, if you do the math, that means that the M2X-UT throws more than twice as far as the MH25. Are those type of figures accurate or is it like the lumen ratings, which are often inflated? I do have no doubt that the M2X-UT throws farther than the MH25, but is it really more than twice as far?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I think it does throw as far as claimed. I plan to buy one. It's got such a big diameter head and it's not domed. I know the lumens is almost the same, 960 and 1020. But I've got a 2D Maglite at 168 lumens that throws 412 meters. So when one considers several variables: beam pattern, domed or not, reflector size, emitter type, etc., I think the 810 meters is true...

warmurf

Enlightened
The Olight is a dedicated thrower with little side spill, especially compared to the MH25, which is more of a general purpose light. You could use the Olight for a "walking" light but you'll get frustrated with the tunnel effect, and that you can't see peripheral things without turning the light in that direction. The Olight is more like a light you'd keep in your pocket to see things out of range of the MH25. And yes, the difference in throw is majorly significant!

LeftThumb

Newly Enlightened
I have the Nitecore MH25, but I am also thinking of buying the Olight M2X-UT Javelot to add to my collection. How do I compare the throw of these lights to one another? The corporate website for the MH25 shows 310 meters (Beam Distance). The Olight website shows the M2X-UT Javelot as 2675 ft / 810meters. So, if you do the math, that means that the M2X-UT throws more than twice as far as the MH25. Are those type of figures accurate or is it like the lumen ratings, which are often inflated? I do have no doubt that the M2X-UT throws farther than the MH25, but is it really more than twice as far?

I don't have that Nitecore but I do have the Javelot and an Armytek Barracuda (a great thrower) and frankly the Javelot does very well in throw compared even to the Barracuda. The light color is very neutral. I've compared the lights in extreme distances all the way past 1000 meters in natural (desert) surroundings.

Needless to say especially for the size the Javelot is impressive in my use which is a weapon light. I do not consider the rated throw hype at all.