Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Piston Drive

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

maro69camaro

Newly Enlightened
So what type of torch do you like? Are you a clicky, twisty, piston or some other type of activation?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pocket edc, twist.
mid size general purpose, forward clicky.
Much larger than hand Palm sized, neck clicky.

texastactical

Newly Enlightened
Yes, thats true, but I still prefer having a clicky.. in most of my lights.
If a clicky could be as short as a twisty, (in AAA format) I would prefer a clicky on my EDC.

Shhh don't tell anyone but I voted Clicky too. LOL

night.hoodie

Enlightened
The McGizmo switch is brilliant, and its fascinating for a number of reasons, artistic, mechanical, technological, historical, political, legal, etc., but it, and all conventional clicky I'm aware of, are more complex than twisty. I have a clicky and love it even though among clickies it is far from perfect. I think clicky has absolute necessary utility, and members that prefer it I have little doubt utilize for necessity. But clicky will fail. Twisty fails also, but in theory, because simpler, we expect that failure less often. Besides this, and personal preference, I can't think of any other reason to use twisty (quieter? sure, but that's hardly compelling IMO). But if there could only be one... I must go with twisty.

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Twisty is my least favorite UI. I typically one hand the lights, and if I can twist it one handed, it tends to also do the hot pocket thing on me. My pocket lights get a work out, as I might be crawling on the ground/through crawlspaces/up/down ladders and so forth. That said, I have a lot of twisties, because they have the beam characteristics/durability I want.

After that, its all about the specific use...and how I will tend to hold the light and need to point it and/or change modes, etc.

Rotorfly

Newly Enlightened
PD....as such, longing for a McGizmo. I am new to the forum and already feeling the impending pain in my wallet.

Latest posts