Fenix LD60 owners need your help

RaptorF22

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking ordering the LD60 but I read some reviews that mention issues with flickering especially in eco mode. Could you please tell me if the flickering is only visible in the eco mode or if the flickering is noticed in the other modes?

Thanks in advance
icon11.gif

Joeymt3

Enlightened
I notice more flickering with my Nitecore HC90. I don't know if you have one of those or not. I depends on picky you are. I carry my LD60 in the truck and use it often and honestly, I forgot that it had PWM. I have noticed. Probably because I use it for far distances.

Joeymt3

Enlightened
Oh, I forgot to mention that my LD60 is a modded version from Vinh. I can't remember now if he changed something to reduce PWM.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard it's gone in the turbo mode at least. It's probably not nearly as bad as that thread made it out to be. If you like everything else about the light I'd still say get it.

kj75

Enlightened
It's most visible in eco mode. In higher modes (except) turbo, you nearly need a (video) cam to notice this.

No problem for me while using this "beast" outside....

Taz80

Enlightened
It's not a problem for me either, I only notice it in the snow or rain and it doesn't bother me.

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
It's no problem with mine either. It may be there but my old eyes can't detect. I will admit though with 2800 lumens on tap I don't spend much time in ECO mode

djburkes

Enlightened
I just cycled through all of the modes with my bare eyes and only noticed the flickering on eco mode. I then cycled through all of the modes while recording a video with my phone and can see flickering in every mode except for turbo. The wave pattern in the flickering gets tighter the brighter it gets then does completely away in turbo.