Surefire 2015 new products video

skater1on1

Newly Enlightened
Oh sweet, I'll just take a second mortgage out on my house so I can buy one!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titan, and Titan plus baby! Can anyone get a sense of how that clip is attached on it, looks like a solid ring all the way around huh? Maybe they'll make a combat version of it with a tiny grip ring instead of a clip, and tactical Titan-A Plus single mode 300lumens lol.

PFKMan23

Newly Enlightened
The PMX Fury looks cool on paper, but the UMX Ultra is probably something that I'd keep in the long term. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Photos from Brightguy at Shot Show 2015

c31f9ad9d26fa2d983ee16a9d75637f7.jpg

89d41e1bc4e57360644baaaeff2a5849.jpg

09f80cc97a71f736325484583f9c5efa.jpg

Aperture

Newly Enlightened
Any mentioning of the purpose of that tube in the head of the new P2X?

Could be a light meter that measures the reflected light intensity to adjust the output accordingly, if so an interesting approach compared to what Nitecore does with it's SENS series which measures the angle of the light to regulate output.

The PMX seems a nice candidate for modding, should run full power on two 18500s with the option to switch to AAs when needed. I do wonder why the new P2X has an updated "old skool textured" look where the PMX looks more like the old smooth P2X.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too interested with the PMX Fury due to price. But the Titan-A and Titan Plus looks nice. The Titan Plus has Nickel plating on it which may trigger an allergic reaction for those with eczema, like I do. :(

Aperture

Newly Enlightened
If the M in PMX Fury stands for multi-fuel capable (CR123 and AA) I wonder if the UM2 Ultra has a similar capability, if not IMO it should have been called the U2X Ultra as in the X upgrade of the now ancient U2 Ultra.

Anyway I'm very excited that Surefire is experimenting with some multi fuel flashlights as I'm a big sucker for maximum battery compatibility, even though I treasure Tana's excellent custom dropins dearly for my E and P series to make them MF capable it's always good to have off the shelf options from Surefire themselves.

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do any of you actually like the SF 3 cr123 lights? I guess for the government who can just buy boatloads of disposable lithium cells fine... but it just seems so awkward. An 18650 light seems like such a better idea.

And OMG... that dramatic music. I get they are going for *SUREFIRE* ... the total uber American company, but just tone it down a bit huh? LOL

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too interested with the PMX Fury due to price. But the Titan-A and Titan Plus looks nice. The Titan Plus has Nickel plating on it which may trigger an allergic reaction for those with eczema, like I do. :(

How much is the MSRP on the PMX?