Nitecore lights and the correct batteries

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
I have read elsewhere that because of the Nitecore protection disc, some 18650 batteries do not have a large enough button top to work in Nitecore lights. I am only interested in quality protected batteries that use the Panasonic cells. One of the batteries that I hear has this problem (or does the light have the problem) is the Eagletac 18650.

Can someone verify that this is problem exists and what quality batteries do you use for Nitecore that doesn't have the small button top problem?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on the Nitecore light you've got, the 18650B button topped protected cell works. Otherwise, Keeppower protected button topped batteries work in all of my Nitecore lights.

The Panasonic 18650B protected cells are too long to work with the TM15,and TM26. The battery tube won't screw down far enough to make contact.

Chaitanya

Banned
Olight 3400mah cells work fine in my Nitecore EC25. Apparently these are also panasonic cells, with olight adding their own protection circuit and wrapper.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARRRGGGHH. Do they work in the P12 or the P16?

I don't own a P12 or P16.

The 18650B protected cells do work in the P20 and EC25 as noted above. There's plenty of room on the P series light I own, so chances are that the cells will work yours.

BTW, the 18650B protected cells are LONG. I just measured a couple and they measure 70.2 mm.

I know from experience that the Panasonic protected 18650B button topped cells I have can't be used in the Olight M3 light with the extension tube.