eagletac d25c clicky ti nichia 219 question?

vinny

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I've searched and searched for the last two days and cannot find a definitive answer to my question,

Which is......... Does the eagletac d25c 2014 clicky ti with the nichia 219 have a proper moonlight mode?

Reason why I'm asking is that I read a review stating that the ti d25a nichia 219 had a measured moonlight mode of nearly 5 lumens not the 0.5 lumens you would expect!

So does anyone know if it is a problem on the to d25c also or is it just on the d25a?

Any helpful information would be appreciated.

Cheers Vinny.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the aluminum version in the mail right now but, it probably wont be here for a week or so. I can answer any questions you have once it gets here if no one answers first. I can tell you that my 2014 D25A(XM-L2 T6 NW) has a descent moonlight mode. I dont know how bright it is but, it is a bit brighter then my Thrunite Ti's(Limited Christmas Edition) moonlight mode.

af112566

Newly Enlightened
i have one.it has 2 low modes that you can switch between. the moonlight mode sure looks lower than 5 lumens to me. you can look at the led with no discomfort.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
The moonlight is sub-lumen on AA and probably around 3 lumens on 14500. Yes, I have one.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
I have the D25C Clicky Ti Nichia 2014 version and it definitely has a moonlight setting. I have no way of measuring it, but with a CR123A I would estimate it to below 1 lumen. The light is by the way very nice and my new EDC.

gunga

Flashaholic
I have the D25A Ti, 2014, Nichia 219. I dispute the results of that review. I think it was a bad sample and may not reflect the whole line for the year. Mine is around 0.1 lumen, the same as my 2012 D25A (Ti)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree w/ gunga, the reviewer @ BLF got a bad sample. I too have a '14 D25A N219 (and a few '12 NW XMLs) and moonlight works. That said, D25As moonlight is not particularly well regulated and output will vary on voltage - my N219 meters ~ 0.15 lms on <1.3v NiMh, and ~ 0.7 lms on ~ 1.7v L91 primaries and depending upon sample, may exhibit slow PWM behavior.

vinny

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the helpful replies everyone, much appreciated.

I've decided I will get the nichia version, its hard to find any reviews of this particular light but now that I know moonlight works properly its put my mind at rest.

Cheers Vinny.

vinny

Newly Enlightened
Another quick question, if I use an rcr123 in the d25c ti clicky will it raise the output of the moonlight mode?

If it does affect the moonlight mode I'll probably just stick to primary's, but if it doesn't rcr's could save money in the long run.

Cheers Vinny.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry that I didn't notice that your thread title mentioned the D25C and not the A version. My experiences are only with the titanium and aluminum versions of the D25A. On my models, when set to moonlight mode, they produced less than 1 lumen on AA but not on 14500. Again, I would guess the moonlight mode to be 3-5 lumens when on 14500. On the D25C model I have no idea if the moonlight mode produces a true sub-lumen output on either CR123A or RCR123. Hopefully someone that has one will let you know. Moonlight modes are very important to me, too.