olight s30r trouble

tcr03

Newly Enlightened
So I just got my light two days ago and everything was great. Love the interface and outputs. But now the red light on the button is on when the light is on and the light is very dim. The battery is fully charged measuring at 4.21volts. Ive also tried other known good batteries. Has anyone had any problems like this yet

Thanks in advance
matt

Capolini

Banned
Hopefully someone can help OP! Maybe give him some insight.

My only suggestion since he has only had it Two days is to contact the dealer and I am sure they will replace it if the are reputable! That is for the first 30 days. I have Five[5] Olights and it is after 30 days that you must send it back to the manufacturer. A hassle and disappointment for now,,but he should be taken care of! ;)

tcr03

Newly Enlightened
So i think the problem is in the tailcap. I took it apart and cleaned it up. It looked like it might have had metal shavings around the charging ends. We will see how reliable this light ends up being. Im a mechanic and was planning on using the light as a work light. So far i dont know how its going to work out in my environment

Capolini

Banned
Good luck..........For a work light for a mechanic that charging port set up may not hold up well. You still have time to send it back.

I would recommend a Fenix PD35 or a Zebralight SC62. I think they would serve you better.:D

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad's had issues with the charger always showing fully charged but the light indicating and acting as if the battery was dead so I contacted the dealer and they replaced it. The first light was used two weeks before it acted up and we will see about the replacement.

smoking stroker

Newly Enlightened
My dad's had issues with the charger always showing fully charged but the light indicating and acting as if the battery was dead so I contacted the dealer and they replaced it. The first light was used two weeks before it acted up and we will see about the replacement.

My light did the same thing after about 2 days of use. Sent it back and now after a little more than a week the new one is also doing it. Hopefully someone knows something and can help up out.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully dad's won't have any more problems as he loves the light quite a bit. If I understand correctly the other lights in the R line had issues when they 1st came out but have since been straightened out

tcr03

Newly Enlightened
So after having my s10r stop working on me today, i have decided to send both the s30r and s10r back where i got them and look for a more durable work light. i really loved the interface and the magnet in the tailcap though. After having the docking station for a few days, i find it to be more of a novilty than anything. So if i can find another light similar i might get that.

Mar

Newly Enlightened
My s30r died this morning, ordered on November 23, 2014. It lite up once then died 2nd time, have hardly used it. Hope this does not happen to my S20R now.

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
My S20r stopped working within a month (button to turn it on doesn't work 75% of the time) hopefully this isn't going to start being a common occurance for olight

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
So i think the problem is in the tailcap. I took it apart and cleaned it up. It looked like it might have had metal shavings around the charging ends. We will see how reliable this light ends up being. Im a mechanic and was planning on using the light as a work light. So far i dont know how its going to work out in my environment

Looks like it's not only the charging base that has problems. I'm about to get one of these, but holding off... keep us posted.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I hope they get this straightened before my S-20 has to be replaced.
Billy

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dad's replacement for his first defective s30r quite working last week, going gear is exchanging it and they told me they were told olight has straightened out the problems of charging. I hope they have because dad has really taken to it and doesn't want anything else lol

Bushman5

Enlightened
great timing....my S30R just developed issues this morning....It will NOT go into the HIGH 1000 lumen mode or the 1000 lumen strobe mode. Battery tested fine too....even tried CR123A primaries and 4 different Fenix 3400 Mah 18650s....no change..... :sick2:

even charged the battery OUTSIDE of the flashlight in my AW's charger.

I will check my tailcap too for any metal debris..... :naughty:

oh and a huge Nod to Olight CS...less than 2 minutes to contact me back and assist me. Dealer will take back the light if the tailcap check does not work. :cool:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found that they have been real great dealing with this issue. I believe they know it is becoming a real common problem and want to fix it so they don't get a bad reputation. When I posted on Olight's Facebook page the problems I was having they responded within five minutes that there should not be anymore problems with the S30R but if they persist to just contact them and the will take care of it.