Thrunite Ti Christmas. 2 tint options?

geal

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Ordered and received 2 Thrunite Ti Christmas ed. lights and am very happy. Only option when I Ordered was cool white. I am ok with tint as it is cool without any blue or purple, though I do much prefer neutral leaning toward the warm side. I was thinking about ordering a few of these as gifts and find that Amazon now has a neutral option listed along with the cool white but that the neutral is sold out. Neutral is supposedly backordered so I placed my order for 2. Indicated I won't be charged until ship. Are there actually two tint variations on this light? Anyone order a neutral version? How was the tint? I'm kinda confused because there isn't much info out there. Pretty excited if I do actually receive nice neutral version s of this light because I really like it even with the coolish tint. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to say for sure without emailing Thrunite(this is what I recommend you do for a for sure answer) but, there is no indication of two versions being available on Thrunite's site so I would say its just Amazon getting creative with their descriptions.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
There does seen to be some variation, as usual, in emitters with these lights though because although mine was described as cool white in amazons description it is not what I would call cool. It is more neutral then most of my other cool white lights.

Dubois

Enlightened
Mine was more green than cool white or neutral. I sent it back, and sadly Amazon didn't have an option to replace it, so I took a refund.

JKolmo

Enlightened
Mine was grool (nasty combination of green and cool). So now it serves for third line backup duties.

geal

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm...what tint option did you buy? Was it described as cool white?

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
i expect mine to come tomorrow.gunga how is the output now with the nichia?i dont have any nichia 219 flashlight and i want to to be honest.

gunga

Flashaholic
Output is lower but I can't say how much lower. I'm happy anyways. I'll try to get approx outputs. I ordered cool white (my only option).

geal

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking perhaps the neutral tint is a newer option, although I recall others saying that the tint has intermittently been described by Amazon as either cool white or neutral (one or the other being the only option at a given time) :confused:

Last edited:

geal

Newly Enlightened
For those interested I contacted thrunite and this is th response I got:

Hi,Gary

Thank you for contacting us.

We only sold ti cool white now and you will have to wait for a period when the nw come into the market.

best regardS
Vera

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
Mine came today,can't say that has a bad tint seems to be to the neutral side

geal

Newly Enlightened
What do you think of it? I really like mine. Tint good on mine but definitely cool compared to neutral lights I have. I am looking forward to the neutral release.

Latest posts