Fenix TK41 switch problem

scraggs

Newly Enlightened
I have read somewhere on here that some people have had a problem with the switch on this light.
I received mine the other day and when I press the mode button it clicks but doesn't always change, if I give it a good hard press or press it on the left hand side it works fine.
I have been asked if I would like to send it back, but if it's a common problem then I may just be wasting my time.
Has anyone who has this problem noticed if it gets worse or better with time ?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two of the TK41's. One the 860 and the other the 900 lumen version. No switch problems with either light.

I'd suggest removing the batteries and just play with the switch for a few minutes of just repeatedly pressing the switch. Reload the batteries and see if the problem persists.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I have two TK41s, a T6 for 3 years and a U2 for 2 years, and neither has ever exhibited any problems with the switches.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 900-lumen TK41 that gets used every morning and almost every night; no switch problems on mine.

I like the suggestion above to remove the batteries, work the switch a bit, then try again.

Last edited:

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
Hi scraggs,sorry for this problem,please hold and press in the middle of the switch,if it doesn't work,please contact us by email,[email protected]

scraggs

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies everyone

Hi scraggs,sorry for this problem,please hold and press in the middle of the switch,if it doesn't work,please contact us by email,[email protected]
I have contacted you about this when I found out how much it was going to send back to the supplier.
I have to say I admire your customer service, they have offered a solution without any hassle and I would definitely buy a Fenix torch again, it's rare to get customer service like I have had from yourselves now days.
I meant to add to my email to Cathy that it takes a very hard press in the middle to get it to work and even then it doesn't work all the time, slightly to the right and it doesn't matter how hard you press it just won't work.