Foursevens Help!

cowboyarcher

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

While looking at the Foursevens site, I see a QT2A-X listed at 336 lumens and a QT2A listed at 246 lumens. I'm new to the flashlight world (at least in terms of performance). What makes these two lights different?

Thanks and God bless you!

Adam

cowboyarcher

Newly Enlightened
I figured it was something as simple as that. . . Thanks for taking the time to help the ignorant!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both. They throw about the same, because although the XPG version is dimmer it allows better focusing of the hotspot.

Also, the XPG version will have longer run times on all modes, since it's not quite a bright.

Overall, I prefer the XML version.

Note that 4sevens has been forced to discontinue all Quark models because of a Surefire lawsuit. So, if you can find these lights in stock somewhere, you'd better buy them quick before they're gone forever. :(

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both. They throw about the same, because although the XPG version is dimmer it allows better focusing of the hotspot.

Also, the XPG version will have longer run times on all modes, since it's not quite a bright.

Overall, I prefer the XML version.

Note that 4sevens has been forced to discontinue all Quark models because of a Surefire lawsuit. So, if you can find these lights in stock somewhere, you'd better buy them quick before they're gone forever. :(
Surpised they only offer the old XM-L, is the XP-G the XP-G2?

Op - lumens are a bit like torque in cars. More is always good, but what it does with it is far more important. e.g. a 400lb ft torque car might make less HP and be way slower than a car with only 250lb ft of torque.

With flashlights its about flood vs throw. Smaller LEDs don't make the lumens, but generally throw further, but with dimmer spill beam.

However if you drive an XP-G2 properly it'll still make a ton of light and massively out throw any XM-L light of the same size.

I have a Convoy S4 (tube 18650 light) that I built with a Qlite 3.04 driver and a Neutral White XP-G2 on a DTP Noctigon.

With a good battery on max it pulls about 3amps. And is very bright and throws better than any other tube light I own pretty much.