Thrunite TN12 - Fault

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
My light has just started going into strobe mode for no reason and it hasn't done this before and I've used it every day for months.

I tested the battery voltage and it was 4.1V and I swapped batteries to make sure but the problem although not constant is there.

It has only just started doing it and it seems to me a problem in the side switch.

Any thoughts?

I will have to work out whether to return it for repair or not. I will test it again tomorrow.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot if people have had issues with this model it seems. I think it has some issues or Thrunite has some QC issues. I wouldn't pay for the shipping to get it fixed if I were you. I would just try another model that is known to be reliable. I would stay away from Thrunite and Nitecore myself.

Last edited:

Jay611j

Enlightened
I'm on my second TN12 2014 and now both of my lights have lost all modes except firefly. If I tap the head it will flash intermittently. I'm pretty bummed out because I really like it, but unfortunately I definitely think there is a flaw in the side switch. I used it on high a lot so maybe the heat is causing the problem.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
Mine is still under warranty and it is the 2014 version. I will send it back to get fixed. I really like the light, the design is perfect.

I'm using my little Lenser P5R.2 for the time being. It is a well made little torch just not as powerful and with only two settings but it makes up for it with the adjustable beam.

bdogps

Enlightened
Really? I have one, but from the looks of it, I do not use as much as you guys. Maybe they are pushing their drivers too hard. They do have great customer service, you should talk to them.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
Really? I have one, but from the looks of it, I do not use as much as you guys. Maybe they are pushing their drivers too hard. They do have great customer service, you should talk to them.
I've had good experience with Thrunite. I also have the TN32 which is AMAZING and built like a tank. I gave a Predator V3 to my nephew and he loves it and another TN12 to my brother.

InspectHerGadget

Enlightened
It is working fine today. I'll just see what happens. No point returning it for repair unless they can replicate the fault.