Armytek Prime A1

chadvone

Enlightened
Just Received Armytek Prime A1. Really liking it. Will post some thoughts, pics and attempt beam shots.

A1 Sc62w HDS (5000kv) Color is real close to what I see.

With some friends

Last edited:

chadvone

Enlightened
Runtime. Main 3 210 lumens 1 hour 25 minutes before main LED flash.

6 minutes it was out. Turned it back on to Main 1 and it went 15 minutes before I stopped. I do not believe this will leave you in the dark.

Runtime. Max with 14500 21 minutes till total darkness. Cell measured 3.39 volts. Light was HOT even the tail cap was warm.
Thinking I forgot to tell it Li-Ion.

Runtime. Max with Rayovac Rechargeable. 40 minutes till main LED flashes. Light is warm.

Output. 14500 Much brighter then Rayovac rechargeable on MAX

14500 on Max is getting light box lux equal to Zebra SC62 at 577 lumen Level.

Last edited:

chadvone

Enlightened
Do not program this light for Li-Ion unless you have one to put in it

If you do you will have to have one to get the light to work again.

The low voltage protection will not let the light work if you program for Li-Ion and then insert a Rechargeable.

Hmm, Thinking about Li-Ion in the chamber and some primaries in the pocket. Switch program to AA before you let your Li Ion DIE

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the impressions!

Which part of the light can be unscrewed, only the tail or the head as well? Stiffness of the switch? Dust build up at the o-ring?

I read a post by Alex1234 on his Prime C2 that "first the button on mine is very hard to press. i have to use like 10 times the pressure to turn the light on. to hold it down i practically have to use my finger nail to push the button hard enough. i might have got a bad one who knows. my other issue is in the last picture where i have arrows pointing to the gap where it un threads you can see dirt and debris build up after on 3 days of pocket carry. it got all over the oring aswell. other then that its a fantastic preforming light."

Last edited:

chadvone

Enlightened
Both the Head and the tail can be unscrewed. I believe the A1 A2 and C1 share Head and Program . C2 is based on Wizard.

There is a edge where the head meets body. I can see it catching some dust, lint etc etc.

The button is stiff. It took some getting use to for sure. I use my thumb.

I have the CW and I ordered the Warm today. I will get a C2w as soon as Going Gear has them.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the Head and the tail can be unscrewed. I believe the A1 A2 and C1 share Head and Program . C2 is based on Wizard.

There is a edge where the head meets body. I can see it catching some dust, lint etc etc.

The button is stiff. It took some getting use to for sure. I use my thumb.

I have the CW and I ordered the Warm today. I will get a C2w as soon as Going Gear has them.

Thank you for the reply! It helps me gather more details on this light if I am going to buy it. Waiting for it to reach my local dealer.

chadvone

Enlightened
Yes, they both have some green. Similar to zebralights. I just sold the warm also. Not really a tint snob (or am I?), but I prefer the tint on my HDS 5000kv modded by think2x. My Zebralight SC62w has best outdoor tint of any light I have.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol again! You just got the warm and sold it? Haha. My favorite tint is also the 5000k since it resembles sunlight somewhat. Not too cold not too warm.

chadvone

Enlightened
Bought the cw light back. Still really like it. Carrying it at work & dog walks. By itself I can get over the greenish tint. Still wish it was 5000kv.

chadvone

Enlightened
The memory for special modes gets cleared when light is cycled from off to any mode past ff2

Latest posts